National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wonderful, enjoyable,
Payroll Processor (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: always busy
A typical workday at NOV included meetings to processing full cycle bonuses and payroll for multi states, entering deductions and direct deposit information for employees.
OK place to work
Web Designer/Developer (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 11, 2014
Great benefits and amenities. People are nice. Safe and comfortable working environment.Great benefits and amenities. People are nice. Safe and comfortable working environment.Great benefits and amenities. People are nice. Safe and comfortable working environment.Great benefits and amenities. People are nice. Safe and comfortable working environment.
Busy
Subsea Project Planner (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 10, 2014
Nice co-workers, busy days, day goes by fast. You will never be bored at National Oilwell Varco. They will always make sure you have enough work on your desk to keep you busy for the next 200 centuries.
Working in the Quality department is an area where I'm not micro managed.
Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 4, 2014
Pros: no miromanagement
Cons: everything is good
Working at NOV is a friendly environment and I completed my work on a daily basis depending on the projects I receive.
poor moral
Assembly (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXNovember 27, 2014
Pros: 25 cent sodas
Cons: racist low pay and poor moral
SUGARLAND PLANT VERY UN - ORGANIZED LOW PAY, BUDDY SYSTEM, MANAGEMENT HAVE NO CLUE WHAT ' S GOING ON....HUMAN RESOURCES IS NOT FOR THE EMPLOYEES VERY RACIST I WOULD'NT RECOMMEND this job to my enemy stay away FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.....
Overall not to bad
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TexasNovember 17, 2014
Pros: steady
Cons: management, unbalanced work life.
Not the ideal place to work if your looking for structure. The benefits are great and pay is lower than average for work performed.
Review
Quality Control- Assembly Inspector (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 17, 2014
I deal with customers from all over the world while handling the F.A.T for my Shift.
National Oilwell Varco
Supervisor (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: hotel, work clothes, and the company vehicle.
I found the easiest part of working with NOV to be the atmosphere and the collaboration from my boss. They were always helpful and quick to answer any questions I had.
The most difficult part was being away from home for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part was learning new skills and how the oilfield industry works.
Great way to work and see the world.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 12, 2014
The field service tech is always on his/her toes because he/she never knows when a service call will come up. It's definitely not a job for the "normal" 8 to 5 person. One must always be available to work 24/7. The management is just okay. The company seems to focus more on keeping the upper management happy and the people that actually do the work – more... are expendable. The people one interacts with, i.e. the customers and co workers, will be some of the most colorful and great individuals one will ever meet. The hardest part of the job would be the toll all of the traveling takes on your personal life. Ironically, the travel is very enjoyable as well. If the technician is lucky enough to work in such exotic locations as China, Spain, Africa, etc, the travel is definitely something to treasure. – less
Excellent company to work for.
Swivel Project Engineer (Former Employee), Inverkeithing, ScotlandNovember 10, 2014
Pros: the opportunities to improve yourself within nov are unlimited, training courses and travel are encouraged, teamwork and togetherness are the norm.
Cons: i have no negative experiences whilst working for nov
A company that treats its employees as adults and when you work with like minded people the rewards are endless. There is a great feeling of family within NOV.
Challenging and rewarding.
Engineering Designer (Current Employee), Houston, TexasNovember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible work times and many employee benefits.
Cons: houston traffic.
My work at NOV is challenging and rewarding. I am allowed freedom of expression and my input is always welcomed by my group. There are many different projects available and the future seems bright for this firm. As a newcomer to the oilfield services industry, I count on advice from my co-workers and manager and they have been forthcoming and patient – more... with me as I learn the ropes. – less
Research and Development of Constant Swept Volume Pump design
Design Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: good work
Cons: bad management
Testing and collecting data from CSV Pump
Designing and Implementation of new test loop
Performing quality check on manufactured parts
Perform tribology testing to predict pump wear
Established company with great benefits
Final Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 29, 2014
Adhere to all aspects of the oil and gas industry daily and meet customer and management expectations.
Excellent learning experience
Field Service Supervisor/Field Engineer III (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits. excellent exposure to drilling technologies and procedures.
Cons: very little to no room for advencement
Working at NOV has been an excellent learning experience. I have had the opportunity to learn every down hole tool that we have in our fleet. I work with an incredible team of Field Engineers that are always ready to share information and knowledge whenever needed. The hardest part of the job has been its instability as far as days worked vs days off.
workplace culture is good.
REPAIR & SERVICE ENGINEER (Current Employee), indiaOctober 24, 2014
workplace culture is good.
i learned lot of new things.
all of my co worker were good
Great company to work for with locations everywhere
Pipeline Technician / Crane Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: really big company with great benefits.
Cons: company is so big you become a nobody.
Huge company. I enjoyed my job there a lot. Good pay, great benefits and good people.
Productive and fun atmosphere
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 22, 2014
Pros: gifts
Cons: long days
Excellent place of employment, fun fast paced atmosphere great people very helpful staff
They have a pool table.
Machinist (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 17, 2014
N.O.V. Air Center is a good plant to work at. They have a great work ethic and take good care of their employees. Managment is always looking for ways to improve the plant moral and team spirit.
Great Company
Safety Department (Former Employee), Orange, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: the pay was well
Cons: work slowed down at that time.
Good company to work for good money and benefits. Area for opportunity for everyone.
Temp Position
Assembly Inspector (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 13, 2014
Temporary position, good start when trying to get into the oilfield.

About National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service providers to the oil and gas industry. – Read more

National Oilwell Varco Photos