National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stable, Almost Government Like
Product Line Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 12, 2014
Pros: really flexible
Cons: not many
Very stable company. Almost no risk of loosing your job. Development tends to be very slow for new product design. This slow development process has merit due to the tremendous risk associated with a rig down or rig safety environment.
Good Benefits, Okay salary, Lacking in Management.
Entry level welder (Former Employee), Orange, CaliforniaAugust 9, 2014
Pros: amazing benefits, good salary.
Cons: management, communication.
Typical day at work included clocking in, going to work station, setting up material to be welded, grinding, cutting. Management was on the low end in terms of communication, effectiveness, and commitment. Every coworker was a joy to work with. dedication and commitment to completing jobs were number one priority. Biggest let down of the job, The Company – more... needed a weld test completed by myself, training was offered, training was given by coworker but was not completed due to Management informing my coworker of the production that needed to be completed. therefor training was halted and not completed. The weld test the company needed completed by myself was given and was not passed due to lack of training and time given to train by management. Management informed myself that there was plenty of time given to train , and plenty of opportunities given to complete the training. There was no such training given to myself due to management not allowing it. I communicated with other management about the training issue at hand and was informed that everything would be okay. No further training was given and the weld test needed by the Company was not performed. Most enjoyable part of work was the welding that needed to be performed. – less
Nice place to work
Documentation Specialist II (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 7, 2014
Fairly relaxed environment to work in, but when the jobs are hot be ready.
good place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: working nights
Cons: not having engineers to get with with problems on blue prints
Work day included get information from day shift worker to find out what was completed and what was still left to be done.
Learned how to set up equipment per job sheets. The most enjoyable part of the job was working night out of the heat of the day.
oil and gass
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXAugust 4, 2014
There are alot of experienced people to learn from.Most shops work 6-6.
productive and rewarding experience
Warehouse Lead Man (Current Employee), Pampa, TXAugust 2, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: long hours and stressful
great company and good place to work. bad part is long hours and good part are great benifits. enjoy working with associates and dealing with customers and the close association with our transportation companies.
good job if you are single 2 weeks on 5 days off
Full-time Field Service Hand (Current Employee), Bridgeport, TXAugust 1, 2014
Pros: its a big company itll be around for a good while
Cons: they are cheap and superivisors only look out for themselves so they can get there bonus checks.
You work 12 hours on 12hours off for two weeks. You drive home on your day off and go back on your day off thats how you get five total days off. great health care and 401k dental.
Good company to work for
CDL DRIVER (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good company to work for.
Cons: really hot!! during summer
Good managers, good employees. great benefits. pay wasnt to bad at the time. Just really hot during summer months.
GREAT COMPANY
SERVICE TECH (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 30, 2014
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR. GREAT PEOPLE AND THEY TREAT YOU LIKE FAMILY.
Great company for benefits and training.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Houston,TexasJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits and training.
Cons: excessive overtime or not enough work.
The company focused on maintaining a great customer service for clients. Safety was preached continuously in office. However these goals came at price of employees including excessive overtime and bending of rules at times to allow drilling operations to continue.
Great Place to Work
Final Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 17, 2014
Worked in Documentation
Hard to advance within the company at times
Job security and constant challenges
Repair Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 16, 2014
NOV provides great job security while providing new challenges to be tackled everyday. I have had plenty of opportunities to learn about the new products and services that go into drilling. The management is a pro and con. They hire and promote on potential which is great for new opportunities but they also ignore problems due to this as well.
Great place to work.
CNC Machinist Operator (Former Employee), Orange, CAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches, safety awards, great environment
Cons: short breaks
National Oilwell Varco really knows how to treat their employees.
Productive strong fast learner great with the computer
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not valued
Come to work print tickets, process orders find paperwork, in charge of 12 countries and checking with inventory to hunt parts down. Email traffic and as well providing special documentation for shipments.
Customer Service
Operational Manager (Current Employee), Elk City, OKJuly 14, 2014
Pros: access for company truck
Cons: travel
I have been with National Oilwell Varco for almost 10years. I have worked myself up to learn all aspects of the company. I know that I would like to advance more but are limited because of location. I was raised in Weatherford & my children are currently attending school in Weatherford. I'm linked to this location. I have been in the management role – more... and it was a learning experience that I was not given excess amount of time to turn around the facility. I was re-directed to another location. I have proved myself as an employee because of my knowledge & loyalty to this company I was able to continue my current pay. I am bless that I was given that opportunity to learn & i want to continue to learn. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people. The hardest part of the job is the oil industry comes & goes. – less
Good Job, but on call 24/7 365
Sales and Service Technician (Former Employee), LouisianaJuly 7, 2014
Good people, good job, but you will be run ragged. Things could have changed since I have left. If you want things done right do them yourself. Don't count on someone that is suppose to take care of a job to do it correctly.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 1, 2014
Good place to work. Very educational. Management is helpful.
Horrible
Field Sales (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJune 18, 2014
Pros: office had free coffee
Cons: is that i was employed there
Horrible work experience, management was unprofessional, they would come to work in reef shoes and a mouth full of dip. Dip cups all over the office, and most workers would come in with dirty shirts and wrinkled clothing.
excelant
System Designer / Equipment Designer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 10, 2014
A typical day is a fast going passe and a challenging one as-well. However fun to work at and full people willing to help you succeed.
Excellent productive & exceptional workforce
Supervisor (Current Employee), GatesheadJune 2, 2014
Pros: work force
Very good to place to work, with excellent staff, benifits & conditions.

About National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco is the tool man that provides goods and services to exploration and production companies¬†operating in oil – Read more

National Oilwell Varco Photos