Job Summary :
The Draftspersons prepare engineering designs, drawings and related technical information for drilling rig equipment in support of engineers and designers.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Supports & coordinates with internal and external resources (sales & marketing, manufacturing, project management, engineering) and brings significant problems encountered to Drafting Supervisor's attention.
- Familiarize yourself with operational controls such as safe working practices and job hazard analysis as appropriate to specific work tasks. Assistance with development, promotion and review of these processes and documentation could be required.
- Responsible to follow all applicable company and corporate policies, guiding principles, procedures and programs; including but not limited to the process map, support processes, health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Preparation of fabrication, and assembly drawings for drilling rig equipment and components
- Participation in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) of drilling rig equipment
- Preparation of proposal & concept drawings
- Evaluate new and existing products for possible improvements
- Participate actively in quality assurance work within the company
- Other duties as assigned
Qualification Requirements (Minimum Education and Experience):
- Bachelor's or diploma degree in industrial design, engineering technology, drafting or engineering is an asset.
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Technical Requirements (software or program knowledge needed)
- AutoCAD required
- Microsoft Office & Outlook knowledge an asset
Candidates must be available for interview in Edmonton. This position is classified as safety sensitive and will require passing of a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
How to Apply:
Preferred method is Online: http://www.nov.com/careers
By Fax with job# and job title: (780) 980-1451
Reply to Ad: with resume attached
Indeed - 18 months ago
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...