The Repair Technician is responsible for all processing related to the repair of PDC bits.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure production continues at an efficient level while adhering to applicable standards balanced with field needs.
- Assist in production requirements, including operation of off-hand die grinders, blast equipment, and general bit movement.
- Operate pressure washer to clean bits, breakers, and boxes from field locations.
- Operation of the OD Grinder and/or Centerless Grinder as necessary.
- Proper painting schemes for completed bits, including inspection of nozzle geometries to ensure proper fit.
- Responsible for completion of all applicable paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements (Minimum Education and Experience) :
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Refer to Level I-IV requirements on attached Level Guide.
- Must have ability to lift 50 pounds and lift 15 pounds at least 25 times in repetition.
- Technical Learning
- Time Management
HSE Requirements (Training and Physical Requirements) :
- Shop environment orientation (exits, fire extinguishers, first aid & eyewash stations, spill kits)
- Standing, walking, squatting, lifting, bending, and working outdoors. (Further details on JHA)
- Training on proper usage of PPE if exposed to noise, dust, and fumes.
- WHMIS training.
- New hire / employee HSE orientation.
- NOV in-house forklift training if required
- NOV in-house Overhead/Jib crane training
- Material Handling procedure NQI-1022 training.
- Hand & Power tool safety training.
Due to the safety sensitive nature of the position, successful completion of a Drug & Alcohol Test is required.
How to Apply:
Preferred method is Online: http://www.nov.com/careers
By Fax with job# and job title: (780) 980-1451
Reply to Ad: with resume attached
Indeed - 19 months ago
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...