This position works within the specified area and contributes to the quality of product customer receives. The Product Line Assembler must demonstrate competence and compliance with National Oilwell Varco’s processes, procedures, safety regulations and quality system requirements.
- Inspect all components and equipment used to perform complete job task. Report any defects to supervisor.
- Assembles equipment using NOV procedures in a timely manner.
- Ensure materials, supplies and equipment are accounted for using inventory procedures.
- Conduct testing and record results using NOV procedures. Ensure any defects are reported to the supervisor and resolved. Ensure products are of the highest quality.
- Maintain work orders and any other relevant paperwork.
- Prepare equipment for painting.
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment in work area. Clean work area during, upon completion of project and prior to leaving for the day.
- Prepares reports, inspections and quality control forms using NOV policies and procedures.
- Follow all NOV operating and safety procedures.
- Operate forklift using NOV operating and safety procedures.
- Receiver: Receive product using NOV procedures.
- Shipper: Ship product using NOV procedures as well as all Canada Customs regulations.
- Recondition equipment for customers following NOV procedures.
- Provide guidance and instruction to fellow employees.
- Painting: Use NOV procedures and follow all safety procedures.
- Physically fit
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Valid Drivers Licence
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand and carry out oral or written instruction
- Experience with servicing, maintenance or assembly of related products. Operation and maintenance of tools and relevant equipment.
National Oilwell Varco is the tool man that provides goods and services to exploration and production companies operating in oil patches...