NOV is looking for a Payroll & HR Administrative Assistant to join their team. This position will be primarily focused on providing clerical support to both the Human Resources and Payroll Departments. Additional responsibilities will include employee file retention and other general office administration and project support. Training for this full-time permanent position will commence in Leduc, however the role will be based out of Edmonton starting in June. Responsibilities incluide:
- Coordinates the weekly processing of third party time using Kronos software.
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Provides payroll information by directing questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures.
- Organizes payroll files and records.
- Assists in bi-weekly payroll processing by creating courier packages for the delivery of employee pay statements / cheques.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains and organizes personnel files and records.
- Requires strict adherence to confidentiality requirements.
- Answers, screens and transfers inbound phone calls
- Performs general clerical duties such as: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution, data entry, and filing.
- Coordinates and maintains records for company phones, company credit cards and office keys.
- Retrieves documents from centralized filing system.
- Responds and directs request for information and data to the appropriate person.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements as needed.
- Maintains office supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Provides administrative support to the HR team and projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Post-Secondary education is an asset.
- Previous administration or clerical experience required.
- Preference given to candidates with Payroll / HR experience.
- The ideal candidate must conduct themselves and fulfill responsibilities with the highest integrity and ethics due to the strict confidentality regulations of the role.
- Superior organization time management skills required, detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong Mircosoft Office skills neccesary - Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills required - written and verbal
National Oilwell Varco offers their employees on the job training with potential for advancement within our organization. We also provide competitive pay and great benefits, including a Company Matching Contribution Retirement Savings Plan, Educational Assistance Program, and Health Spending Account.
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...