The Mechanical Engineer Junior specializes in the design, analysis and development of new products & processes, provide maintenance and manufacturing support for existing products, supervise testing of drilling rig equipment, and vendor product selection.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Supports & coordinates with internal and external resources (service, sales & marketing, purchasing, project management, engineering) and brings significant problems encountered to senior engineer's attention.
- Interaction with NOV groups, customers and vendors through the quoting, scheduling, cost reviewing, design, assembly, and delivery processes; assisting to resolve challenges and questions.
- Demonstrate the capability to work independently on complex and multiple projects requiring judgment to resolve problems.
- Familiarize yourself with operational controls such as safe working practices and job hazard analysis as appropriate to specific work tasks. Assistance with development, promotion and review of these processes and documentation could be required.
- Responsible to follow all applicable company and corporate policies, guiding principles, procedures and programs; including but not limited to the process map, support processes, health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Preparation of fabrication, and assembly drawings for drilling rig equipment and components
- Preparation of engineering calculations for drilling rig and components
- Preparation of technical purchase requisitions for drilling rig and components
- Develop project plans to define tasks, schedules, expenditures and responsibilities for the projects assigned.
- Participation in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) of drilling rig equipment
- Review of contract documents
- Preparation of technical purchase requisitions
- Preparation of proposal & concept drawings
- Preparation of engineering and production Gantt type schedules
- Prepare engineering project task charts for assigned projects
- Update and forecast new estimates to accurately monitor projects
- Support production in building product models
- Evaluate new and existing products for possible improvements and utilizing field data
- Participate in field operations and installations in Canada and abroad
- Project management and coordination as required
- Participate actively in quality assurance work within the company
- Respond to Engineering Change Notices (ECN).
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Eligible for registration with, a member in training or a member of APEGGA
- No previous work experience required
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to conceptualize and design systems
Technical Requirements (software or program knowledge needed):
- AutoCAD is required
- MathCad, SAFI and Solidworks knowledge is an asset
- Microsoft Office & Outlook knowledge an asset
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...