The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for administering an effective internal and external supply chain for the procurement of all goods and services in the most effective and timely manner, ensuring quality and delivery consistent with National Oilwell Varco standards.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with other resources and brings significant problems to the Operations Manager.
- Interaction and meeting with NOV groups, customers and vendors through the quoting, scheduling, cost reviewing, design, assembly and delivery processes.
- Responsible for Purchasing, Inventory Control, Warehousing and Logistics departments.
- Coordinate activities to ensure import/export compliance requirements are met.
- Work closely with Operations personnel to address issues and come to timely solutions.
- Provide continual evaluation of department processes, methods and activities.
- Manage budget and expenditures.
- Maintain a reliable and competitive approved supplier network to support the strategy for all critical components and commodities at the best practical cost.
- Strategically rationalize and manage the supplier base; develop key supplier alliances; implement monitor and maintain effective procurement programs expand or consolidate the supplier base as needed.
- Develop, recommend and implement system improvements to increase process efficiencies.
- Actively reduce non-value added time within NOV and within the process of our suppliers.
- Develop procurement strategic plans for commodities of primary responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with company ISO certification.
- Oversee inventory accuracy and documentation.
- Maintain dynamic of product mix through analysis and forecast.
- Demonstrate the capability to work independently on multiple projects.
- Assist with recruitment, evaluations and promotions of employees.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in related field desired.
- Knowledge and experience with manufacturing processes.
- High level of experience in MRP/ERP environment critical for the role.
- Experience managing and developing multi-discipline teams critical for the role.
- Experience in organizing and managing multiple warehouse locations.
- APICS, CSCP, or equivalent.
Indeed - 11 months ago