NOV Rig Solutions is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer at their Edmonton, Alberta location. The successful candidate will be responsible for insuring manufacturing efficiency by providing technical advice guiding the product from initial design through final assembly. This position requires the understanding of National Oilwell Varco, the products that are manufactured and how they work in the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Planning and directing import and export requirements and strategies.
- Supports and coordinates with internal and external resources and brings significant problems encountered to the attention of the Operations Manager.
- Demonstrates the capability to work independently on complex and multiple projects requiring judgment to resolve problems.
- Responsible to follow all applicable company and corporate policies, guiding principles, procedures and programs; including but not limited to the process map, support processes, health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Assure efficient manufacturing process on new and existing products per the requirements outlined in the design review meetings.
- Assure maximum profitability and quality of product line that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Contribute to cost reduction efforts by actively seeking and reporting opportunities for reduced costs.
- Stay abreast of changes in technology that improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Identify manufacturing capabilities and limitations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma in Engineering required.
- Two (2) or more years experience with an emphasis on machining, welding, product design, quality control, assembly, metallurgy and non-destructive testing preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend written and spoken instructions and follow demonstrated instructions.
National Oilwell Varco offers their employees on the job training with the potential for advancement within the organization. We also provide competitive pay and great benefits which include a Company matching contribution Retirement Savings Plan, Educational Assistance Program, and Health Spending Account.