NOV is looking to fill the position of Manual Machinist at their Nisku facility. The Manual Machinist works under the direction of the Shop Foreman to perform a variety of tasks with lathes and/or machining centers by applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics and machinability of materials. The Machinist must have the ability to transfer from one task to another as directed by their supervisor, as well as work in other areas as required.
- May assist or train other employees including apprentices.
- Plan, prioritize and organize assigned tasks.
- Set up and operate lathes or machining centers to perform machining functions, such as turning, boring, facing and threading parts.
- Interpret blueprints drawings for specifications, set up and operating requirements.
- Submit documentation to Quality Assurance for verification of the quality and accuracy of all parts produced.
- Maintain product identification and traceability of parts including stamping/restamping control numbers as required.
- Report non-conforming items to Quality Assurance for disposition.
- Clean machine, tooling and parts, and may perform minor machine maintenance.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of NOV.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Third year apprentice to Journeyman trade certification as a Machinist required.
- 3-5 years experience using Mills and/or lathes.
- Experience with API threading is an asset.
National Oilwell Varco offers their employees on the job training with the potential for advancement within the organization. We also provide competitive pay and great benefits which include a Company matching contribution Retirement Savings Plan, Educational Assistance Program, and Health Spending Account.
Indeed - 15 months ago
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...