NOV Downhole is looking for Service Technicians to join the team at their Nisku facility. The Service Technician performs equipment testing, repairs, dismantling, assembling, and other duties associated with the service center. They perform the necessary tests per acceptable/applicable procedures and specifications for various tools, completes test documentation and reports. This is a full time, permanent position that runs on a rotational shift of four days, four nights, and four days off.
Major Responsibilities of a Service Technician:
- Service, test, repair, assemble and/or dismantle Downhole drilling tools.
- Ensure that all service tools are in acceptable working order and are maintained as required by NOV standard procedures.
- Perform equipment inspections and provide documentation as required.
- Participate in job risk analysis and continual improvement programs/HSE initiatives in the district.
- Communicate to the Supervisor any issues with equipment, tools, inspections, and HSE concerns.
- Maintain safe work practices and follow policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess the Following Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong work ethic and multi-tasking skills required.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Refer to Level I-III requirements
- Entry level position, shop floor experience is an asset, but not required
- Required to take forklift and overhead crane training – to be provided by the company
- Other training as required by the company
- Decisions reviewed and made in conjunction with senior personnel
- Takes direction and works under direct supervision
- 1-2 years service shop experience
- Trained Service Technician with good knowledge of Downhole Tools
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Performs complex duties requiring additional skills and judgment
- 3+ years service shop experience required
- Trained Service Technician with expert knowledge of Downhole Tools
- Could supervise and coach junior staff
- Works independently under minimal supervision
- Performs more complex duties requiring additional skills and judgment
- Able to work and act as a Leadhand
HSE Requirements (Training and Physical Ability Needs):
- Shop environment orientation (exits, fire extinguishers, first aid & eyewash stations, spill kits)
- Standing, walking, squatting, lifting, bending, and working outdoors. (Further details on JHA)
- Training on proper usage of PPE if exposed to noise, dust and fumes
- WHMIS training
- New hire / employee HSE orientation
- Lock-out/Tag-out training
- NOV in-house forklift training if required
- NOV in-house Overhead/Jib crane training
- Material Handling procedure NQI-1022 training
- Hand & Power tool safety training
National Oilwell Varco offers their employees on the job training with the potential for advancement within the organization. We also provide competitive pay and great benefits which include a Company matching contribution Retirement Savings Plan, Educational Assistance Program, and Health Spending Account.
Indeed - 14 months ago
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...