A Field Service Technician is required to travel to well site locations and is responsible for rigging up, servicing, trouble-shooting, and tear down of specialized equipment related to drilling operations. Travel can be regional or international, and is performed outdoors in all weather conditions and is physically demanding.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain, service, and install equipment on site as required.
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical issues as they arise.
- May be required to deliver hotshot requests and install equipment on site.
- Keep open communication with engineers, derrick hands, and supervisors.
- Provide advice and/or directions to internal and external customers.
- Maintain strong business relationship with existing clients.
- Responding to customer calls in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Diagnose problems and advise operators on how to properly maintain equipment.
- Maintain records and keep accurate and update documentation as required.
- Attend Yearly Spring Training and other training as requested by the Company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months to one year oilfield experience preferred.
- Electrical or Mechanical background an asset.
- Class 5 Driver's License required.
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Ethics and Values
- Action Oriented
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Shop environment orientation (exits, fire extinguishers, first aid & eyewash station, spill kits, propane storage) and yard environment (building locations, processes)
- Standing, walking, squatting, bending, and reaching (further details to be reviewed on JHA)
- Training on proper usage of PPE
- WHIMS training
- Material Handling procedure NQI-1022 training
- H2S, First Aid, WHIMS, Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- PST Training
- Fall Arrest Training
Due to the safety sensitive nature of the position, successful completion of a Drug & Alcohol Test is required.
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...