NOV is looking for Field Service Technicians the join the team at their Estevan location. A Field Service Technician is required to travel to well site locations and is responsible for rigging up, servicing, trouble-shooting, and tear down of specialized equipment related to drilling operations. Travel can be regional or international, and is performed outdoors in all weather conditions and is physically demanding.
Essential Job Responsibilities of a FST:
- Maintain, service, and install equipment on site as required.
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical issues as they arise.
- May be required to deliver hotshot requests and install equipment on site.
- Keep open communication with engineers, derrick hands, and supervisors.
- Provide advice and/or directions to internal and external customers.
- Maintain strong business relationship with existing clients.
- Responding to customer calls in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Diagnose problems and advise operators on how to properly maintain equipment.
- Maintain records and keep accurate and update documentation as required.
- Attend Yearly Spring Training and other training as requested by the Company.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualificiations:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 months to one year oilfield experience required.
- Electrical or Mechanical background an asset.
- Class 5 Driver's License required.
- Strong organization skills, ability to prioritize workload, multi-task in a calm manner, with exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrates safe work practices and looks for ways to minimize workplace injuries
- Sets a positive example and fulfills responsibilities with the highest integrity, ethics and professionalism
- Shop environment orientation (exits, fire extinguishers, first aid & eyewash station, spill kits, propane storage) and yard environment (building locations, processes)
- Standing, walking, squatting, bending, and reaching (further details to be reviewed on JHA)
- Training on proper usage of PPE
- WHIMS training
- Material Handling procedure NQI-1022 training
- H2S, First Aid, WHIMS, Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- PST Training
- Fall Arrest Training
National Oilwell Varco offers its' employees on the job training with the potential for advancement within the organization. We also provide competitive pay and great benefits which include a Company matching contribution Retirement Savings Plan, Educational Assistance Program, and Health Spending account.
Due to the safety sensitive nature of the position, successful completion of a Drug & Alcohol Test is required.
National Oilwell Varco is the tool man that provides goods and services to exploration and production companies operating in oil patches...