NOV Wilson is currently recruiting Field Service Technicians for their Red Deer, Alberta Branch. Reporting to the Field Serivce Manager the successful candidates will be responsible for the following items:
- Have complete understanding of field and shop procedures.
- Troubleshoot problems in the field and in the shop.
- Ensure all procedures are followed correctly and safely.
- Train and coach new Field Service Technicians.
- Deal with customers in a professional manner.
- Aide in cost management.
- Coordinate personnel was required.
- Coduct sales activities in the field when required.
- Act as a liasion betwenn the shop and field as required.
- Maintain equipment on service units.
- Ensure quality of work in the field is kept to a certain standard.
- Control parts stock on service units.
- Provide service quotes when required.
- Communicate with operators, consultants, senior managers, customers and other service companies in the field.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to operate a picker truck.
- Must be able to work in an H2S enivronment.
- Good knowledge of all valves or pumps or have the ability to acquire this knowledge in a short period of time: What valve trims are required for certain valves; Valve installation; How gases, oils and chemicals react with certain valve trim; Knowledge of greases and sealants and the services they are suitable for; Knowledge of well heads, how they work and how to repair them.
National Oilwell Varco is the tool man that provides goods and services to exploration and production companies operating in oil patches...