NOV Wilson is currently recruiting Field Service Technicians for their Red Deer, Alberta Branch. Reporting to the Field Serivce Manager the successful candidates will be responsible for the following items:
- Have complete understanding of field and shop procedures.
- Troubleshoot problems in the field and in the shop.
- Ensure all procedures are followed correctly and safely.
- Train and coach new Field Service Technicians.
- Deal with customers in a professional manner.
- Aide in cost management.
- Coordinate personnel was required.
- Coduct sales activities in the field when required.
- Act as a liasion betwenn the shop and field as required.
- Maintain equipment on service units.
- Ensure quality of work in the field is kept to a certain standard.
- Control parts stock on service units.
- Provide service quotes when required.
- Communicate with operators, consultants, senior managers, customers and other service companies in the field.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to operate a picker truck.
- Must be able to work in an H2S enivronment.
- Good knowledge of all valves or pumps or have the ability to acquire this knowledge in a short period of time: What valve trims are required for certain valves; Valve installation; How gases, oils and chemicals react with certain valve trim; Knowledge of greases and sealants and the services they are suitable for; Knowledge of well heads, how they work and how to repair them.
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...