National Oilwell Varco is currently seeking a Electrical Engineer - Junior who will specialize in the design, analysis and development of new products and processes provide maintenance and manufacturing support for existing products, supervise testing of drilling rig equipment, and vendor product selection.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to Sales and product line groups during Land Rig project bid phase.
- Review customer specifications and requirements, producing exceptions and deviations lists
- Assist sales group to detail exact scope of supply.
- Provide guidance and input to product engineering groups to produce Overall Control System Topology, Block Diagrams, Single Line Drawings, General Arrangment Drawings, and Cable Schedules in support of the bid package.
- Support where necessary customer sales meetings and bid clarification meetings.
- Assist Engineering Manager to ensure that all project deliverables are available as per the schedule and technically correct.
- Ensure that adequate design reviews have been performed and documented.
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to customers with respect to Controls and Power Systems on NOV Land Rig Packages.
- Represent as required the Engineering Group in customer meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution required.
- Eligible for registration with, a member in training or a member of APEGA.
- No previous experience required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in Oil Rig Equipment design.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Applications.
- Familiarity with MathCAD, AutoCAD and Solidworks desired.
The successful candidate will be provided with extensive training on NOV Land Rig Power Generation, Power Distribution, Machine Control, and Operator Interface Systems. They will be provided with the opportunity to work on these systems from conceptual design through to final customer acceptance and possible in field operations.
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...