The Electronic/Electrical Drafting Technician/Designer is responsible for assisting in the electrical schematics for equipment products manufactured or produced at NOV CT/PP Canada. This work is to be completed within the specifications of National Oilwell Varco.
- Perform all drafting and design activities as required by Engineering.
- Designing equipment and specifications for major components, equipment, and processes.
- Providing assistance in the research and development of new products.
- Create and update electircal schematics under the direction of the Team Lead/Electrical Engineer.
- Select components and prepare Bills of Materials.
- Follow schematic document control procedures.
- Maintain Electric schematic drawing inventory with appropriate revision control for all applicable projects.
- Provide strong internal communication among departments to ensure equipment standardization, project coordination, and product information.
- Provide estimates to Electrical Engineering Manager on completion of drawings and inform them of any concerns of project deadline.
- Measure and sketch components working within the Quality Assurance to establish guidelines for manufacturing and implementing Quality Control.
- Monitoring production of equipment to ensure design intent is met and offer feedback on improving designs.
- Provide complete job summary reports to record possible improvements for the next job.
- Working efficiently, safely and follow NOV CT/PP's Safety policies.
- Maintains all company information as confidential.
- All other assigned or associated tasks and duties to help meet or exceed the customer expectations and company goals.
Education and Training:
- Completion of a two-year design and drafting course or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Oil Well Service Equipment an asset.
- Training in Design Control Procedures
- Document Data Control Procedures
- NCR, CAR & PAR System
- 1-year drafting experience an asset.
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical and MS office an asset.
- Must be organized, methodical and exercise high quality standards.
- Team player striving to achieve successful results as a team.
- Ability to work in a self directed environment and as part of an overall team.
How to Apply:
Preferred method is Online: http://www.nov.com/careers
By Fax with job# and job title: (780) 980-1451
Reply to ad: with resume attached