The Service Technician performs equipment testing, repairs, dismantling, assembling, and other duties associated with the service center. They perform the necessary tests per acceptable/applicable procedures and specifications for various tools, completes test documentation and reports. Other duties as required.
- Service, test, repair, assemble and/or dismantle Downhole drilling tools.
- Ensure that all service tools are in acceptable working order and are maintained as required by NOV standard procedures.
- Perform equipment inspections and provide documentation as required.
- Participate in job risk analysis and continual improvement programs/HSE initiatives in the district.
- Communicate to the Supervisor any issues with equipment, tools, inspections, and HSE concerns.
- Maintain safe work practices and follow policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements (Minimum Education and Experience):
- Strong work ethic and multi-tasking skills required.
- Previous experience will be taken into consideration
HSE Requirements (Training and Physical Ability Needs):
- Shop environment orientation (exits, fire extinguishers, first aid & eyewash stations, spill kits)
- Standing, walking, squatting, lifting, bending, and working outdoors. (Further details on JHA)
- Training on proper usage of PPE if exposed to noise, dust and fumes
- WHMIS training
- New hire / employee HSE orientation
- Lock-out/Tag-out training
- NOV in-house forklift training if required
- NOV in-house Overhead/Jib crane training
- Material Handling procedure NQI-1022 training
- Hand & Power tool safety training
This position has been determined to be safety sensitive and is subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing under NOV's Canadian Drug and Alcohol Policy.
How to Apply:
Preferred method is Online: http://www.nov.com/careers
By Fax with job# and job title: (780) 980-1451
Reply to Ad: with resume attached
Walk in: 1507 - 4th Street Nisku Alberta
Indeed - 19 months ago
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...