The Buyer for the Edmonton manufacturing facility purchases production materials, supplies and services within established limits and quality, quantity and price guidelines. The Buyer prepares purchase orders, resolves invoicing and receiving issues, and generates routine and special reports as required.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Review requirements of business and determine quantity and type of materials or products to purchase.
- Create RFQs, Purchase Orders that is of best value for the company.
- Meet with suppliers and negotiates the best commercial and transportation arrangements at the required schedule and quantity.
- Develop and maintain contacts with existing and new suppliers as required.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels.
- Interpret drawings and specifications.
- Prepare and store record-keeping documents.
- Resolve invoicing, receiving and Purchase Order issues promptly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A university degree or college diploma in business, supply chain management or a related program an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a manufacturing environment required with experience in Oil & Gas an asset.
- Machine Shop experience a plus
- Experience reading engineering drawings (machining parts specification and material requirements)
- Fluent in ERP programs with experience in JD Edwards preferred.
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft access a plus.
- Ability to multitask and meet customer deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written).
- Basic problem solving skills.
Indeed - 17 months ago
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...