The Branch Manager is an ethically driven individual accountable for delivering results through a motivated organization focused on the needs of our customers. They are in direct contact with customers, Area Operation Managers, Area Sales Managers and direct reporting staff. They also are responsible for the development of budgetary goals and ensuring once adopted, are closely monitored and achieved. As well they are responsible for maximizing profits within the parameters of the sales and expense budgets within their assigned territory.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide effective management through strong leadership and direction with immediate subordinates.
- Develop and maintain a highly motivated staff by creating a work environment that facilitates high staff morale and team sprit.
- Ensure staff receives the required levels of training by identifying future core competency training necessary to carry out assigned responsibility.
- Ensure customer service levels are maintained and customer satisfaction is maximized.
- Maintain constant communication with sales, Marketing and suppliers to keep abreast of new product lines, product requirements and crucial sales accounts.
- Monitor monthly sale reports to ensure inventory levels and turns are received.
- Evaluate operational costs and adjust costs as necessary for budgetary purposes.
- Develop sales budgets and marketing strategies for the region.
- Analyze customer purchases to detect areas for improvement and implement action plans.
- Meet with customers to discuss market trends, future business, resolve concerns and increase customer awareness while supporting the sales and marketing plans within the territorial customer base.
- Provide direction, coaching and leadership to direct reports.
- Create a healthy environment where staff can perform to their maximum potential.
- Coordinate and monitor recruitment, training, and performance management within territorial area.
- Act as a first line mediator to resolve problems and concerns encountered with customers and suppliers at a lateral level.
Budget & Financial Control:
- Construct annual and quarterly budgetary levels and margins for the assigned region taking into consideration past history, market conditions, and input from customers and Sales Representatives.
- Evaluate sales reports and communicate results to Regional Managers to determine future needs to meet the sales budgets.
- Evaluate purchases and inventory reports to detect methods to improve and meet budgetary levels.
- Business, procurement, or supply chain management background
- Five years industry experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to read and interpret relevant documents such as contracts, specification sheets and manuals.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence and contracts to suppliers, customers and management
- Ability to speak effectively with customers and suppliers and negotiate contracts
- Also required, motivational and training skills
Indeed - 16 months ago
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...