In the role of Assembly Supervisor you will report to the Assembly Fabrication Manager, and will be responsible for strategic planning, directing, and coordination of production activities. The successful candidate will be responsible to coach, guide, train, and develop the department personnel to ensure safe and efficient work practices, to ensure production and budget goals are met, planning of special maintenance items, management of appropriate equipment, duties related to internal controls including safe guarding of departments assets, reliability of department financial information, and compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure the on-time deliveries of all orders.
- Oversee and participate for the safe fabrication, assembly, and testing of various formats of mobile oilfield service equipment.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality, and ensure all incidents are reported to the HSE department immediately.
- Direct all activities in the fabrication, assembly and testing departments.
- Assist with technical problems encountered as needed and interface with all levels of the company to ensure production objectives are met.
- Participate in shop inspections/investigations; including shop environment, equipment and HSE incidents. From these surveys monitor the correction process of deficiencies are completed in a timely manner and maintain records and documentation accordingly.
- Familiarize yourself with operational controls such as safe working practices and job hazard analysis as appropriate to specific work tasks. Assistance with development, promotion and review of these processes and documentation could be required.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Manager and assist with inspection, repairs, installs, and preventative maintenance.
- Be involved with recruitment, evaluations, performance reviews and promotions of employees. * Conduct training and coaching for employees in new work roles/tasks, safety procedures, and company policies.
- Approve employee timecards daily or ensure Leads are approving through Kronos time keeping system. In addition utilize Kronos for employee attendance evaluation.
- Assist with evaluating shop resource requirements as workloads fluctuate and participate in regular hours matrix discussions to review resource requirementsand actions necessary.
- When night shift is required, uphold continuity between day and night shifts.
- Brings technical problems encountered to the department Manager's attention or to other resources for resolution throughout the project life cycle. This includes project wrap up packaged/red lined drawing submission at completion of projects.
- Understand each specific project scope and budgetary requirements; utilizing resources available in the project folder.
- Interaction with customers through design, assembly, and after sales processes; assisting to resolve technical challenges and questions.
- Responsible to follow all applicable company and corporate policies, guiding principles, procedures and programs; including but not limited to the process map, support processes, health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Ensure area processes are compliant with the Quality Management System; work in accordance with QA Manager to improve processes throughout department as required or viewed necessary.
- Submit any and all non-conformances to QA Manager in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Journeyman certification required.
- Must have 5-8 years' experience or demonstrate equivalent knowledge in:
1) Fabrication, read and interpret drawings, codes, process and specifications (i.e.welding); knowledge and familiarity of overall fabrication equipment.
2) Hydraulic assembly, troubleshooting, and repair; diesel mechanics; pump and/or valve assembly, disassembly, or repair; and/or oilfield experience in maintenance and repair or NOV Hydra Rig/Enerflow or related systems.
3) Advanced electronics, electrical code, safety practices, electrical blueprint and schematic reading required and/or oilfield experience in maintenance and repair of NOV Hydra Rig/Enerflow or related systems.
- Leadership and supervisory experience required.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and departments.
Indeed - 10 months ago