NOV Coil Tubing & Pressure Pumping is currently looking for Assembly Crew Member for their Calgary location (6061 90th Avenue SE). The successful candidate will be ticketed in one or more of the following trades:
Heavy Equipment Technician
In the role of an Assembly Crew Member, you will report to an assigned Project Lead Hand/Foreman. The Assembly Crew Member will work as part of a production assembly team which us responsible for a broad range of duties including; assembly, testing, and repair of products. Assembly Crew Members will perform assembly and rework and will assist in the development of new and revised product materials, processes and procedures.
- Responsible to participate in the safe assembly, build, repair, and/or test a variety of new and older mobile oilfield service equipment using standard and/or non-standard tools, equipment, and procedures. Using considerable judgement to ensure quality, correct parts, and/or proper procedures are used.
- Read equipment assembly specifications, such as charts, schematics, blueprints and typed instructions and details.
- Brings technical problems encountered to the lead hand's attention for resolution throughout the project.
- Participate in regular shop/yard organizatrion and cleanliness exercises.
- Train new employees in assembly operations as required.
- Complete and maintain various records and documentation.
- Demonstrate the capability to work independently or in a team on complex and multiple projects requiring judgement to resolve problems.
- Familiarize yourself with operation controls such as safe working practices and job hazard analysis as appropriate to specific work tasks.
- Responsible to follow all applicable company and corporate policies, guiding principles, procedures and programs; including but not limited to the process map, support processes, health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Assist with shop maintenance requirements.
- Responsible to supply your own tools; a minimum recommendation list available. The company will lend some atypical tools for temporary use; these are available for sign out through the tool crib service.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Apprenticeship status and or Journeyman certification in categories mentioned.
- Must have 1-6 years experience or demonstrate equivalent knowledge in hydraulic assembly, troubleshooting, and repair; diesel mechanics; pump and/or valve assembly, disassembly, or repair; and/or oilfield experience in maintenance and repair of NOV Coil Tubing & Pressure Pumping or related systems.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and departments.
Junior Level Requirements:
- Performs basic/repetitive tasks following established company procedures.
- Takes direction and works under direct supervision.
- Decisions reviewed/made in conjunction with senior person.
- 1-2 years experience preferred.
Intermediate Level Requirements:
- Performs more complex duties requiring some skills and judegment.
- Makes some decisions independently and works under general supervision.
- Knowledge and problem solving skills being developed.
- 3-5 years experience preferred.
Senior Level Requirements:
- Performs complex duties and exercises judegement for decisions and problem solving.
- Works independently under limited supervision.
- May be required to supervise, coach and train staff.
- 5+ years of experience preferred.
Indeed - 5 months ago
Since 1841, National Oilwell Varco (NOV) has been dedicated to ensuring customers receive the highest quality oilfield products and...