NOV Tuboscope is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join their team at their Grande Prairie facility. This exciting career opportunity is a full time permanent position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following items:
- Supports and coordinates with internal and external resources and brings significant problems encountered to the manager's attention.
- Responsible to follow all applicable company and corporate policies, guiding principles, procedures and programs; including but not limited to the process map, support processes, health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Generate and create reports as requested.
- Reception duties, including personally greeting guests/visitors, telephone answering/messaging, direction and assistance.
- Filing duties, including maintaining a filing system for accounts payable and receivable.
- Process approved payables in preparation for payment.
- Process Gold Work Orders for invoicing.
- Prepares invoicing for mailing or hand delivery to customers.
- Prepares management correspondence for signature.
- Arranges travel advances, arrangements for accomodation for facility personnel as required.
- Assists with the coding of expense reports for the division.
- Maintains the vendor and customer databases.
- Maintains facility ledger for variable expenses.
- Primary contact for employee benefit and administrative concerns for the group.
- Prepare new-hire employment packages, reviews, benefits options with new hires and enrolls them in the various employee plans as applicable.
- Prepare employee payroll from time cards and email the appropriate employee time information to the payroll department.
- Prepares wage forecasts.
- Tracks sick time and vacation time for all facility personnel.
- Prepare final copies of inspection, pipe service reports and tally sheets from hand written copies as required.
- Assist in scanning and photocopying.
- Word processing and secretarial support.
- Office management responsibilities including ordering and maintaining an inventory of office supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Communication -- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Detail oriented -- Strong organization skills, ability to prioritize workload, multi-task in a calm manner, with exceptional attention to detail
- Ethical conduct and responsibility -- Sets a positive example and fulfills responsibilities with the highest integrity, ethics and professionalism
- Minimum 2 years previous work experience in an administrative role.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required.
- Proficiency with computers and MS Office applications.
National Oilwell Varco offers its' employees on the job training with the potential for advancement within the organization. We also provide competitive pay and great benefits which include a Company matching contribution Retirement Savings Plan, Educational Assistance Program, and Health Spending account.
Indeed - 13 months ago
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...