National Money Mart

National Money Mart Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
This company is a joke!
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 10, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
This company is terrible I worked for them for just about 6 years and they don't care about their employees at all. I moved up fast in the company which is a plus but only because my district manager wanted to put me in a d volume store where she really didn't have to deal with me any longer. There was a point where I didn't see her for over 2 months which I think is terrible for a district manager as it is her job to check in to see how the store is operating. At the time I was promoted and put in to this store there was just me. There was no assistance with hiring another person or even shift coverage. You would expect a hand with hiring when you work from 7:30am to 9:30pm at night and 7 days a week at that. So if you enjoy working like a dog for minimal pay this is the job for you.
stay away.
csr (Current Employee), ottawaFebruary 27, 2015
horrible. terrible management. treat employees like garbage. disorganized. cheap. take advantage of people. no respect. everyone that works there desperately wants to leave. stay as far away as you can.
If there was something less than 1 star, that's what I'd choose
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: i honestly can't think of one
Cons: dishonest management, disingenuous behaviour, ignoble staff and upper management, culture of favourtism, the list goes on...
I worked for this company for only a month, and in that time I experienced exactly what a company should NOT do.

This company does not only lie and manipulate their customers, the employees (and ESPECIALLY management) will step on anyone and everyone to get ahead. There is no recognition for a job well done, and the employees themselves are dumb as bricks. I would guess the majority of them did not finish high school.

There is a culture of favourtism, and anything you say will be used against you, so if you do decide to apply for this terrible job, don't open your mouth about anything. Keep it to yourself. Your ideas, your criticisms, gossip, whatever. Just keep to yourself and don't make any friends. Nobody is to be trusted there.
Busy Day
Customer Service Rep/Teller (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: expéience
Cons: to busy
Help customers with their daily transactions. A lot of our customers would come in to do Western Union transactions. Transferring money to other countries. Cash in paychecks for our customers. Create new profile for new customers. Also update all information for our customers.
Terrible place to work at ...
Branch Manager (Former Employee), VancouverJanuary 22, 2015
Cons: long hours like you are in jail behind the locked man trap doors and the glasses
terrible employer to work for. under direction of a very poor management team.
they pretend that they very care of their employees but in fact they are not giving a *** about their staff.
whatever security measure is in place is about to protect their money and their properties not their staff!!
I would recommend you to not even think of applying for any position with them.
great positive and enjoyable work place
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntJanuary 13, 2015
Great job, ok pay, and good benefit. Enjoyable work environment.
Great work place, great manager and workmates
CSR (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 3, 2014
Hectic, pressure
Need to stay in control of any situation and become a problem-solver.
Learning how to speak up and guide others to achieving set targets.
Working along policies and procedures.
Doing what you know best, in a confident and efficient manner
Great culture, diverse employees, customer focused.
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2014
• Responsible for creating the opportunity to make a real difference within the organization and to help improve the experience we offer our customers.
• Working with colleagues from across the organization that represent the Voice of Customer, Voice of the Process and Voice of the Business, as well as with internal stakeholders to create a Customer Transformation Program that delivers great customer experiences consistently.
• Responsible for developing and bringing to life significant initiatives which will ensure we not only meet the basic needs of our customers, but also deliver those signature actions which exceed their expectations and bring a step change in business performance
• Supporting the Customer Service Centre by leading and monitoring the use of a range of business improvement tools to identify and interpret current levels of customer experience, diagnose problems and propose acceptable solutions or options that will result in a change in performance.
• As a passionate customer advocate, I help shape the customer-led culture within the organization.
Manager push too hard
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2014
Pros: you can say you dealt with money
Cons: most things
The environments of most locations are dangerous.

Managers are way too hard on CSRs.

Pay is low and stress is high.
Great co-workers in fast paced environment
Level 3 Collector (Former Employee), Victoria, British ColumbiaSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: great people to work with, great motivators.
Cons: unpaid overtime, constant threat of relocating office to philippines
A typical day of work would be to log into my phone at my desk, and start making calls, go through answering machines as fast as possible, when a customer was on the line I was to check into their individual situation and ask probing questions to find out how the customer would be able to pay the bill, either in small frequent amounts, or a one time lump sum.

At Money Mart I learned to remove myself from a situation and have to look at the bigger picture with the company's best interest in mind. Management could be difficult at times, not to me personally, but because not everyone was able to make their targets, they would threaten collection department with moving to the Philippines for cheaper workers. My co-workers were great, they really made my time there enjoyable, and always looked forward to seeing them everyday.

The hardest part of the job was having to listen to people explain their situation as to why they are not able to pay the bill, but still be firm and detach myself from the situation and explain that the bill must be paid. The most enjoyable part was having customers who were avoiding us because they felt like there was no way they would be able to make payments, going over their finances and finding a solution that worked for both, the company, and the customer.
Challenging & Learning Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 13, 2014
Busy and funfilled environment , lots of things to learn and explore your talent .
Loved the Company
Regional Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great culture, fantastic people, wonderful management
Cons: very old office building
Was employed at NMM for a one year administrative contract. The employees and management were fantastic. I always felt as if I was part of the team and they were very gracious at the end of my contract. I would definitely work for them again!!!
Branch Manager and CSR (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2014
The company has very flexible working hours. Not comfortable disclosing any further information on that.
this is my summary
Assistant manager/Customer service /Key Holder (Current Employee), 1077 north service road mississauga ontSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: use to this type of work
Cons: pay is not what i expected it to be
a typical day a work consist in helping customers, balancing all cash in store and all transactions according to the amount in the system.

everyday we learn about new customers, and information about possible fraudulent transactions that may be happening

management is great there is no unfairness that I have felt I feel comfortable and happy in my workplace.

hardest part of the job is dealing whit large amounts of cash, at the time can be a bit scary as you are responsible for it but if you take your time and do things right you are balance at the end of the day

I just enjoy the work environment. I love talking to customers and creating a relationship where they are so comfortable they keep coming back to see me and to use our services, rather than the competitors.
Positive and fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 17, 2014
Continuous learning and support from management.
Strong attention to detail is needed along with ability to multitask and function in a very fast pace environment.
Stressful environment to work in
Branch Manager (Former Employee), East YorkJune 4, 2014
Pros: working with great people
Cons: not much room for advancement
• Communicated to all staff effectively in regards to performance reviews, disciplinary actions and coaching.
• Accountable for all labour in store as well as recruiting staff for the store in order to have a proficient team.
• Scheduling staff efficiently to cover the busiest times at the store to alleviate long wait times for customers.
• Controlled all marketing aspects of the store including business to business, local area marketing and community events.
• Responsible for training all new staff on point of sale systems as well as coaching them weekly.
• Delegated responsibilities successfully to strengthen team cohesion and help staff to feel a sense of responsibility and pride in their work.
• Analyzed financial statements in order to pin-point problematic areas in the business and then created action plans in order to reinforce those aspects.
•Responsible for creating and implementing action plans to target sluggish areas to turn them into growing services
fun and enjoyable inviroment
manager/collections (Former Employee), Dufferin and KingMay 26, 2014
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: hours
-very busy steady flow daily
-many different crossselling different products
-started as CSR to store manager then created A/R division
-worked very well with others, put through many people into mangement
-alot of reports and reviews and many more responibilities
working with many different people
healthy work environment
Customer Sales Representative - Staff (Current Employee), kamloops bcMay 15, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Fantastic managers and colleagues. Hands on activities and educative workshops and employee improvement plans
Easy going job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), TorontoMay 9, 2014
Money Mart is definitely a easy going company to work for. It's very flexible, but very hard to build your way in the company. Not many aknowledgement for your good effort.
Apply at own risk...
CSR (Former Employee), OntarioApril 30, 2014
Cons: wage, hours, management, customers.
The company rotates staff and managers to various locations in your district. In 2 years I worked at 3 locations. If you refused, they would cut your hours and make you feel guilty.
One of my managers was awful and made my work environment very unpleasant. She also lied on my review resulting in not getting a raise.
If you work in a smaller store, you can work a whole shift alone with no lunch break and NO cigarette breaks. If you step out of the store to smoke, you will be fired on the spot.
You are expected to treat the customers like gold, even if something is their mistake and they are verbally abusing you. Which happens very often. I was also threatened by a customer who was going to wait until my shift was done to physically harm me. My then, district manager didn't seem to care or show concern. If you are a sensitive person, I would highly recommend you look elsewhere.

1 2 3