National Money Mart Employee Reviews

Support Team
Central Authorization Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Prevent Fraud is the most enjoyable part of my job, Increase Revenue by approving all transactions that come through, Support Operations Staff, Trouble shoot and Coach customer service representatives to provide better customer service. Make customers experience fast and easy.
Pros
Monthly Lunches
Cons
Late hours
loved it
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 February 2017
One of the best work places ever. Management was great. They make sure you are trained well. Those deserving of hours to work, usually get the good hours.
Pros
friendly
Cons
wage
Challenging and rewarding
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 January 2017
This was a great stepping stone into the customer service role. Money Mart is a team driven atmosphere that allows its employees to build strong professional relationships.
offers advancement opportunities
District Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton-Brantford25 January 2017
*the staff are great, doesn't matter which branch you work in
*pay was fairly consistent with the work that was required
*benefits aren't bad
*however, when entering into management, very difficult to balance work and home life. Very demanding when in management
Pros
great staff
Cons
demanding management career
Very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS12 January 2017
Pros : banking experience
Cons: work alone a lot with no breaks
Cannot leave the office
Corporate management is not kind to branch level employees
Will fire without cause ( no prior warnings verbal or written)
No bonuses (they are promised)
Most stressful job of my life.
Pros
Banking experience
Productive and busy-paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 January 2017
- One of the busiest financial Institution providing various financial services to end customers.
- Major part of working alone on own-pace gave me a confidence to manage the store alone during busiest times
- Friendly working atmosphere and always motivating and working as a team.
- The most enjoyable part of work was providing right service to end customers and serving them happily.
Great work place with friendly workers
Easy Tax Rep (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 November 2016
Through the time working with Money Mart I found that all my fellow conworkers were very informative and rather helpful when there we questions I had, especially during my training period.
Pros
Friendly co-works, Flexible
Cons
Not always garaunteed 40 hrs per week
fun
Customer Service Rep/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2016
In 2014, Grand & Toy conducted a survey of key stakeholders in order to establish which sustainability issues were most important to them. Each respondent was asked to pick five aspects they considered to be the most relevant.
We received over 600 responses from our associates, customers and vendors. Based on this feedback, we were able to identify our top corporate citizenship priorities.
Pros
Knowlege
Cons
At times the work became repetitive and colleague were mostly localized in Ottawa
Great learning experience.
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario8 November 2016
Money Mart provides a number of financial products and services primarily consisting of cheque cashing, money orders,money transfers, pay day loans and bill payments.
Pros
Worked with amazing people.
Cons
Late nights on a scary street..
(you are in-charge of your own success)
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 October 2016
challenging in terms of selling.
molded my selling ability,
learned to managed my time.
I enjoyed working with clients as sales is a part of me.

(you are in-charge of your own success)
Pros
(all) everything is opportunity
Fast paced environment
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC20 October 2016
Great to work with. But the Salary isn't enough based on the workload you have to achieve. Sometimes your boss doesn't very supportive.
Pros
Great training for who wants to grow with the company
Cons
Long hours, OT not paid
fun place to work
CSR and Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 October 2016
great management
great job very fun
long hours though
stressful
not great pay
good benefits
great security
not a lot for movement up the company unless you move
Pros
fun job
Cons
not great pay
Excellent Job field
Financial Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 October 2016
Job field is excellent as employees gain a lot of financial experience as well as perfect customer service experience. The company ensures maximum security for the employees.
fast paced
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 September 2016
Money mart is a company that strives to train from within, always giving the opportunity to grow and learn. there is always something new to try and do, never the same day.
Amazing work environment
Corporate Staff (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 September 2016
Great team of people compromised with excellence
Aswesome corporate job environment
Very approachable organization
I had an amazing boss and co-workers
Pros
Trust, Professionalism, Work environment, Oportunities, Co-workers
Cons
Salary
Brutal
Teller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2016
They were not understanding when days are needed off. I was laid off due to cut backs yet no stores were closed for a year. They told me one wage at the interview, then when I met with the location manager, he tried undercutting my wage by a dollar an hour which would have made my hourly wage around minimum at the time.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Long Hours, terrible management at every level, required to work when they want and what location they designate you for the shift
Very poor managment and worse upper managment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 August 2016
I was with the company for a while and if u don't kiss butt then u won't go far with this company. If u do your job well it's not enough. Long hours with no relief or breaks. No direct contact with a person from human resources when needed. The dm is a joke who promises the world and then says she never said it. Great place to learn about money. But you work alone 99% of the time. Super high turn over rate. I don't recommend this place.
Pros
Lots to learn and meeting new people daily
Cons
Long hours and very poor managment
Good communication.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2016
Positive work environment.Friendly staff providing excellent customer service to clients.Great communication between head office and the front line.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Scheduling
One big happy family
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 June 2016
Every Money Mart is connected, and we have to contact each other's stores and work through problems with each other. Therefore, Money Mart employees are like a family. It can be nice to work in that environment where you feel supported and like you are a part of the team. You deal with large amounts of money on a daily basis and complete transactions for customers such as cheque cashing, money orders, money transfers, etc. It can be a very rewarding place to work as the company offers bonuses and incentives to its employees.
Pros
Company parties
Cons
Long hours, working alone, some other employees are careless
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 June 2016
Working at National Money Mart helped gain experience in Customer Service Representative, dealing with different type of customers and understanding their needs. Management in this company are really professional and friendly, they make you feel like home. I learned how to issue loans, do taxes, make collection calls, send money abroad, foreign exchange, etc. It it a great place to work at because it opens the way to different opportunities in life.

2.8