National Money Mart Employee Reviews

Fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
Moneymart is a step higher than retail. Its semi-professional. Customers vary depending on the location, staffs are usually friendly and trouble free. Your chances of been promoted depends totally on you been liked by your Manager/DM and your productivity.
Pros
You learn how to be money-wise
Cons
Raise are always in cents
Not worth your time or money
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 April 2017
Underpaid and overworked, No breaks . Extreme high stress Management is useless, incompetent and does not care about employee well being. Not worth it.
Pros
Coworkers if lucky and most customers..depends on location
Cons
less pay for overwork, no breaks
Day as Collection Agent
Collector Level I (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 April 2017
Daily organization of accounts. Call files that have reminders on them. Optimal goal to get file up to date to avoid further steps. Set and organize files with letters as required in time line and start decision process of repossession of vehicle.
Pros
Recognition with awards improved.
Cons
Long hours and can be a stressful job.
Amazing company!!!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 April 2017
If you want a company that actually cares about you, offers amazing benefits and pay raises on a regular basis, Money Mart is for you. We are like a family! We stick together to work through problems and lean on each other for support. There is also an incredible amount of room to grow within the company. Programs are paid for, you get to travel! You learn a lot about finance and growing a business. I LOVE this company.
Pros
Room to advance, great benefits, good pay, out of work activities
Cons
Long hours, work alone, can be stressful
some good days and some bad
Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan1 April 2017
great company if u like long hours without a break, working alone, unreal sales targets or horrible wage for the work. luckily, most of the people you work with are awesome(a few bad eggs). definately lots of memories good and bad.
Pros
staff are fun
Cons
wages suck
Hard Work
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 March 2017
The job itself was not terrible but the sales targets can be a little unrealistic, as you are trying to advance money to clients that don't have any to begin with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 March 2017
I love working at Money Mart. You learn a lot, and it will give you lots of experience in a lot of things. It is sales driven and a bit stressful. It is 100% all about customer service. It's fast pace with lots of deadlines to hit.
Terrible experience
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 March 2017
- Inadequate training. They have you sit in front of a computer for a few weeks reading slide after slide. I was supposed to have hands on training as well but it was almost entirely neglected.

- Unfriendly environment. Many times I would hear complaints about interactions between stores; stealing customers, stealing office supplies, and general disdain of many co-workers seemed to be a thing.

- Questionably ethical. Worst part of the job was the job itself; loans aimed at taking advantage of those having financial difficulties. There's a reason why the government is stepping in and lowering the interest rates.
Pros
Money handling experience
Cons
Unethical
Good job if you dont have a family.
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 March 2017
Expectations are too high for what they pay. Also, working alone makes it difficult if yourself or family has an emergency because you cannot leave. 90% of the time you work alone. Poor management. You and others can complain about management and they will do nothing. I did the managers job for almost a year and he was always late to change shifts and they still kept him on and wouldn't pay me what was promised when I was hired. I wouldn't work for them again. Though I learned a lot in the time I was with them. Also, a lot of drama even with the manager. He spreads rumours and discusses things that aren't his business to customers. Very childish environment. Job here is good for high school and college students!
Pros
Quick advancement if you do your job
Cons
Can't take days off and working alone
great place to work
Manager/CSR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2017
I really enjoyed my time with this company. they are a great company to work for, lots of room to grow within the company and they provide the training necessary to do so.
Support Team
Central Authorization Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Prevent Fraud is the most enjoyable part of my job, Increase Revenue by approving all transactions that come through, Support Operations Staff, Trouble shoot and Coach customer service representatives to provide better customer service. Make customers experience fast and easy.
Pros
Monthly Lunches
Cons
Late hours
loved it
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 February 2017
One of the best work places ever. Management was great. They make sure you are trained well. Those deserving of hours to work, usually get the good hours.
Pros
friendly
Cons
wage
Challenging and rewarding
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 January 2017
This was a great stepping stone into the customer service role. Money Mart is a team driven atmosphere that allows its employees to build strong professional relationships.
offers advancement opportunities
District Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton-Brantford25 January 2017
*the staff are great, doesn't matter which branch you work in
*pay was fairly consistent with the work that was required
*benefits aren't bad
*however, when entering into management, very difficult to balance work and home life. Very demanding when in management
Pros
great staff
Cons
demanding management career
Very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS12 January 2017
Pros : banking experience
Cons: work alone a lot with no breaks
Cannot leave the office
Corporate management is not kind to branch level employees
Will fire without cause ( no prior warnings verbal or written)
No bonuses (they are promised)
Most stressful job of my life.
Pros
Banking experience
Productive and busy-paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 January 2017
- One of the busiest financial Institution providing various financial services to end customers.
- Major part of working alone on own-pace gave me a confidence to manage the store alone during busiest times
- Friendly working atmosphere and always motivating and working as a team.
- The most enjoyable part of work was providing right service to end customers and serving them happily.
Great work place with friendly workers
Easy Tax Rep (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 November 2016
Through the time working with Money Mart I found that all my fellow conworkers were very informative and rather helpful when there we questions I had, especially during my training period.
Pros
Friendly co-works, Flexible
Cons
Not always garaunteed 40 hrs per week
fun
Customer Service Rep/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2016
In 2014, Grand & Toy conducted a survey of key stakeholders in order to establish which sustainability issues were most important to them. Each respondent was asked to pick five aspects they considered to be the most relevant.
We received over 600 responses from our associates, customers and vendors. Based on this feedback, we were able to identify our top corporate citizenship priorities.
Pros
Knowlege
Cons
At times the work became repetitive and colleague were mostly localized in Ottawa
Great learning experience.
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario8 November 2016
Money Mart provides a number of financial products and services primarily consisting of cheque cashing, money orders,money transfers, pay day loans and bill payments.
Pros
Worked with amazing people.
Cons
Late nights on a scary street..
(you are in-charge of your own success)
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 October 2016
challenging in terms of selling.
molded my selling ability,
learned to managed my time.
I enjoyed working with clients as sales is a part of me.

(you are in-charge of your own success)
Pros
(all) everything is opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Money Mart. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8