The Team Leader report to the facility’s General Manager, and plays a key role in managing the day-to-day operational requirements for the business. As a leader of employee teams, Team Leads set the pace for the day ensuring that Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are followed and that Key Performance Indicators are met or exceeded by their team. The Team Leader is a resource and the ‘go to’ person for their team to help minimize barriers to successful execution of the SOP’s, client Service Level Agreements, and best practices.
- Lead a department of employees who are responsible for following Standard Operating Procedures/Work Instructions and meeting Key Performance Indicators as set by the General Manager.
- Provide coaching and on the job training to ensure that employees are capable of meeting individual performance goals and are cross trained to maximize their contribution to the company and provide backup support when needed.
- Assess employees using approved performance management processes and coaching techniques, while providing fair and consistent feedback; in association with Human Resources, will conduct progressive discipline process when necessary.
- Responsible for administrative functions including but not limited to:
employee attendance and punctuality with immediate resolution as incidences as they occur,
ensures that time and attendance system accurately reflects hours worked by each employee,
responds to employee inquiries regarding job information, pay issues, benefit questions,
monitoring return to work dates of employees on leave and informs Human Resources of any employees that fail to return to work,
Investigates accidents, completes accident reports and ensures preventive actions are implemented.
- Provide detailed information to internal and external clients and respond to same within a reasonable turnaround time as set by the company client service standards and/or GM.
- Proactively investigate and resolves operational issues as they develop.
- Determines daily operational plan, sets priorities and assigns employees as required. Request additional resources if required.
- Responsible for the allocation and proper use of equipment such as RF guns, pump trucks and forklifts.
- Ensures adequate resources are available such as skids, labels, empty boxes, etc. Orders supplies as required.
- Responsible to ensure quality standards are met by visually auditing product, analyzing computer data and reviewing paperwork.
- Liaise with internal departments such as Customer Service, Transportation and Inventory Management to investigate and resolve operational and client issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current on ongoing customer requirements, changes to contracts or new client set up in order to meet customer expectations and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Responsible for creating a work environment that is inclusive of diversity, free of discrimination and free of conflict.
- Ensures that the workplace is safe and meets all legislative requirements. Has responsibility for housekeeping and ensuring only trained employees operate material handling equipment.
- Initiates Rewards and Recognition programs for associates to recognize performance.
- Performs administrative tasks as they relate to the operation.
- Participates in different projects as requested.
- Participates in scheduled client calls/meetings alongside other internal team members, as required/requested.
- Manage the day-to-day tasks of his team in his department whether being in Receiving, Processing or Shipping.
- Have Fun.
- Minimum of High School Diploma, College preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in a supervisory role.
- Strong computer skills, specifically MS office.
- Must have experience in a 3rd party logistics environment.
- Knowledgeable and skilled using a warehouse management system (WMS), PkMS preferred.
- Demonstrated strong leadership with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be a resourceful self-starter with exceptional labour planning skills.
- Team player skills with demonstrated abilities to interact well with all levels of associates.
- Proven ability to encourage and motivate others in a positive manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Works well under pressure.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm to tasks at hand, and high energy level.
- Ability to lift cartons or bins repetitively that weigh up to 50 lbs.
A successful Team Leader is a professional, well organized, efficient team player.
Indeed - 21 months ago
National Logistics Services (NLS) is Canada’s leading logistics provider for fashion, footwear, actionwear and general merchandise. We...