National Home Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Opportunistic rewarding job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 13, 2016
Early mornings in the office from 9am-12pm in the field 12pm-9pm 6 days/ week

I acquired a deep understanding of how to communicate and idea to a potential customer while answering questions and over coming objections.

Management was very knowledgeable and professional.

Co-workers were fun and energetic

Hardest part long hours

most enjoyable part of the job was end of the day satisfaction of meeting & exceeding quota.
Pros
Commission based
Cons
I really do enjoy working here and the opportunity to grow
Supervisor-Retention and Follow up Team (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2014
I have had a great time while employed by National Home Services, I have learned alot about the business and industry. The management is lacking in there relationships with there employees and there is a high turnover. My co-workers are great to work with and very helpful, which makes the job easy and fun. The hardest part of my job is retaining a customer that has made up there mind and wants to cancel there services with the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you will be recognized for good work if not by management definetly by customers. I also enjoy helping people and keeping customers satisfied.
Pros
great benefits and always learning
Cons
no job security
This is a well established organization. They are consistently merging in to new areas of the water heater business.
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2012
On a day to day basis it is usually busy and fast paced. This kind of environment keeps you on your feet and is always thinking of new innovative ways to get your job done. The management staff is impeccable and is always there to guide and support it's staff. I find my job to be rewarding because of the challenges that we are faced with and the fact that I have the resources and tools to combat the challenges. Being able to meet and greet new customers, vendors and interact with my co-workers is profound.
Pros
self starter, works both in a team structure and individually, autonomy
Cons
not enough hours, no advancement, no work life balance
its an interesting and comfortable working environment
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  toronto canadaFebruary 21, 2012
this company is very productive.they provide excellent home heating service to their customers.management seek the welfare of their customers and train employees to give adequate information to customers when required.
Cons
no health care benefits
Good Benefits, Friendly Environment and Co-Workers
Client Care & Retention (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2013
Good Benefits, Friendly Environment and Co-Workers. Opportunity for growth and to learn more about Energy Industry.
Fun place to work at.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day at work was fun. You get to meet a lot of people door to door on a daily basis. You experience people who welcome you, and people who refuse you.

I learned that sales can be a harsh environment and if you cannot handle rejections or criticism, then sales is not the job for you. However, I excelled at my job due to my friendly and approachable nature, and good vocal manners.

The co-workers were fun and encouraging. Despite it being commission basis, they never really made it seem like a competition, but rather like a team effort.

The hardest part of the job were the weather, since it was door to door, and also convincing people to be let in to have a look at their hot water tanks in their furnace room.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the travelling to places I have never been to.
Pros
trips, hotels, fun
Cons
long hours of walking (8-10 hours), bad weather
Productive work place with opportunities for individual and organizational growth.
Billing Administration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2015
National Home Services was a start up company in the home services industry, focused on the installation and maintenance of HVAC, water heaters, thermostat and smart saving programs. Also obtaining, building and sustaining a good and healthy relationship with customers.
Pros
Pizza/Thai Lunch Fridays
Cons
Long wait for elevators
good money but work 7 days aweek and long hours
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2013
it was agood job,very long hours for example 9-9 time u everyone got to go home it was 10 and didnt really work out for a balance between life and work equally and i have a daughter so it made it hard being gone 7 days a week 12hours a day and was based on commission so not very secure job placement but was fun and would be good for singles with no child
Cons
long hours and comission pay
Upon Request
Service/Dispatch Department Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2015
• Prepare and distribute technicians’ daily schedules
• Create schedules that result in optimal utilization of technician resources
• Receive service requests from the customer service department and document service request details into a work order
• Assess and assign priority to service work order and customer request
• Review/assess service request requirements and assign work orders to the appropriate technician based on factors such as skill set, location, availability, etc.
• Monitor and follow up on work order progress to ensure timely completion
• Prepare reports to assist in monitoring work orders and resource planning
• Tracked discrepancies and errors made by contractors to collect necessary data for management improvement
• Took manager escalated calls to assist in resolving customer complaints or concerns
• Corrected and tracked customer service representative errors on a daily basis
• Full-confirmed/pulled-forward installation dates with customers as per department needs and sent daily technician pick lists (job schedules)
Great environment, Convenient location
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  North York, OntNovember 6, 2014
National Home Services overall is a good place to work.

My typical day would be to come in for 8:00am and open the office. I would turn on all lights, put away dishes that were in the dishwasher from the night before and then check emails and voice mails.

I would then manage 40+ ads from kijiji, craigslist, career builder etc.
Answer incoming calls and booking applicants in for interviews for specific positions. Also, I would call any resumes I would have who were eligible for the positions we were providing.

I would email, scan, and make spreadsheets for head office on a daily basis.

Greet applicants as they came in for their interviews, and get them to fill out an application. Once they were done and if we had a lot of applicants in for the day I would help HR on the interviewing process by interviewing the applicants myself and hiring the ones who I thought were eligible.

Towards the end of the day I would clean up the office and kitchen, making sure everything was up to par. Once everything was done I would be the last one to leave and close office at 5:00pm.
Sales job
Salesman (Former Employee) –  toronto, ontarioAugust 22, 2014
Job was absolutely commission based and very long hours per day, where we have to go door to door walking to and from different neighbourhoods (about 4 a day). Selling and booking installation dates for old and new customers. Sometimes when you make a sale, company will take the sale for themselves and tell you, customer declined the installation. But customers would call me to notify me that they have recieved the installation of h-vac or air-conditioner.
Cons
12-14hrs..long hours
Long Work Hours with work being life itself
NHS Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 16, 2013
Working at National Home Services was a great experience in part. Going door to door meeting different kinds of people was amazing, allowing me to gain a significant amount of knowledge on customer services. Also studying the product (water heaters) allowed me to understand the company and how to express National Home Services policy with the company itself. Management is great , Human Resources definitely knows how to keep track of everything and also who to hire so everyone gets along really well almost like a family, since we work in teams. Speaking with the possible consumers was always joyful regardless of their persona. My Co-Workers were great , extremely friendly but the major downfall of the job is commission with the hours of work , if you simply do not have a good day. All in all NHS is great but a major flaw is it's commission based especially with the amount of hours of work ,
Pros
meeting the people within our society, great experience for customer services and friendly work environment
Cons
commission
Nice environmet to work in, flexibility with school hours.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioFebruary 19, 2014
A typical day at work would start with being on time to start my shift at the cal centre. I was constantly updated through training about new products, changes in the system or product change. Management was excellent and they were flexible with my school hours as there were my co-workers who made it a nice environment to work in. I enjoy working with people and making sure they get what they need, and providing excellent customer service.
Great Place too work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 18, 2013
Driven by yourself very good job for anyone that has the motive to work and too work hard but pays out huge up too 5000$ a week as a agent lots of room too grow too management as well.
Good place to work, if only the future were more certain.
Warehouse Lead/Lead Returns Officer (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONOctober 23, 2014
I truly have enjoyed my employment with National Home Services. I am only leaving because the future of the company has been thrust into uncertainty due to a buyout by another company. I am taking the step of trying to secure more stable employment for the sake of my family.

During my time there, I have learned to deal with people from all walks of life. I have acquired the ability to effectively lead a team. My communication skills have sharpened due to the fact that I am constantly interacting with people to co-ordinate appropriate return schedules.
Great work environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 9, 2013
Every days I respond to customers inquiries regarding the services, the products and billing, I take identity verification calls as our door to door sales agents call to seal all the new deals, I dispatch technicians for the service calls and installations also I send all the installations and services daily report to my managers at the end of my shift. The hardest part of the job is when the system (eg Internet) is running slow and I am not able to perform as required. The most enjoyable part of the job is I work with great people in a very fun environment that keeps me with a positive attitude.
Productive and challanging work environment with lot of interaction to people across department on daily basis
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 27, 2012
sometimes very busy and sometimes challenging, this work place is fun to be. Learned lots of new things about industry and corporate world. Management is very passionate about processes and its vision. Coworkers are fun to be with and always supportive.
was a great job
Processing Administrator (Former Employee) –  North York, ONApril 21, 2015
i loved my job, i got to do something i use to do and play around when i was a kid, which was play with paper

my bosses where great

i will this
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no stability
good hours but not great management
Part time CSR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ONJanuary 21, 2013
good hours but not great management, hours are fair, and easy to work the as part time, immature management, lack of coaching to be better
Pros
hours are fair, and easy to work the as part time
Cons
immature management, lack of coaching to be better
good company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 4, 2014
Over all its a good company but bad management people and would never let you come up and will be changing the statements every week.

2.9