National Express Employee Reviews

Retirement village
Pissenger dispoal unit (Current Employee) –  Stansted Carpark's16 October 2017
The job in it self is very good. There is a relaxed atmosphere at Stansted City. No time tables no cash, no loading unloading luggage, and no rushing.

Management are supportive, and the shift 's are always the same and never change, unless they change the times. for EG: if your on the 06:45 rota your'll start at 06:45 everyday.

With this in mind you can plan ect. Holidays are not on a block, and you can get into a routine.
Pros
A happy bus is a bus with no Pissengers
Cons
pay could be better
Positive work place
Coach Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 October 2017
A very good place to work. Management very understanding and works well with there staff to help arrange Home life and work life. Other staff member are willing to help and work as a team.
Pros
Free rooms
Cons
Trafcic
Far too long ago
Electrical automotive engineer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 September 2017
Did my apprenticeship there in 1990. Good training with sponsored education in the field of expertise. Long since change I suspect. unaware of the current environment.
Pros
Good facilities
Cons
Limited progression
Poor IT Department
IT (Current Employee) –  Birmingham12 September 2017
Salary is ok but IT department isn't run very well. Job culture is not very nice and management are always trying to find a scapegoat. There is zero progression for internal staff as they regularly hire externally, and they provide no training to help you progress.
Pros
Free Bus/Coach passes
Cons
Poor culture, no progression
I like working for NX
Driver (Current Employee) –  Stansted Airport4 September 2017
I do my job to the best of my ability, I get on with everyone. I've seen lots of changes since I started.
I don't really get involved, I just come in do my work and go home
jj
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  london30 August 2017
Bus Driver (2014 -2016) Stagecoach East Midlands
Responsible for school contract and public routes
Cash handling
Checking Transport Passes
Giving timetable or route information
Helping passengers who are having difficulty getting on or off the vehicle
Working to tight time tables
Responsible for daily cleaning and maintenance of vehicle
A typical day at work.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands28 August 2017
Just turn up to work and get the job done safely and securely ensuring the passengers that board your bus get to where they need to go safely and without injury.
Good Workplace
Operations Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL18 August 2017
Enjoyed working with the children on a daily basis and having a positive impact on their daily growth and development.

Enjoyed the teamwork with management
its ok
Coach Driver (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 August 2017
boring, not enough wage work management don't care about social life I learnt many ways in London but only one out was always running late the most enjoyable part was coming home
Productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside10 August 2017
During my work experience at national express the staff were ery friendly and caring. They offer Reasonable lunch breaks and breaks through the day. Great workplace
Accounts payable
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, IL3 August 2017
Great work environment if you enjoy working on your own with little to no supervision. The work is tedious however setting your own pace is a good idea they offer.
Telephone reservations manager
Call Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 August 2017
Involved in setting up a centralised reservations centre in birmingham digbeth coach station
Again I was only in the position for a short period
Of time.
Pros
Company car
Quite good
Digital Contact (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 July 2017
Very customer focused, your colleagues will make up for what the business lacks. Very strict on timing and your beaks and productivity will be monitored
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Strict
Good Company
Finanical Accounts Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 July 2017
Good Company, really good management and team leaders to support you with day to day duties. Unfortunately I was just contracting at this company and there were no permanent opportunities.
Customer focused
driver (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands21 June 2017
Customer focused, face to face with customers, dealing with all walks of life from able bodies to someone in a wheelchair.working to strict time table but insuring the customer comes first.
Pros
n/a
Cons
various shifts
Closest to perfect as iv ever come
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, OH19 June 2017
This is a bus driving position contracted through a developmental disability school board. This position has excelent hours, good coworkers, great management, and good union benefits. Though it can be difficult to deal with certain issues with passengers, it is a very rewarding job.
Pros
The people -from passengers to coworkers to management.
Cons
very rarely passengers or guardians cause issues, but is not as bad as public school if all proceedures are being followed.
Fun workplace
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  West Midlands12 June 2017
I hve worked here for 2 years as a bus driver, great work colleagues. Always get on with them, great management and always willing to help you out when needed.
Boring and uninspiring
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 June 2017
Although my salary is quite good, In a lot of the other departments it isn't, morale among my team is low and the job is boring and the only reason i have stayed here is due to the wages but i am now actively looking for another role
Pros
Free Bus pass
Cons
Boredom
coach driver
Whittle coach and bus (Former Employee) –  digbeth1 June 2017
Great company to work for good pay and uniform was provided , it was based in digbeth and there was a excellent reward system, i was a gold driver and i was one of two who won driver of the years running
Pros
uniform provided
Cons
N/a
Good company to work for
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 May 2017
National Express are a good employer. I was given opportunities to display my capabilities which lead to me being promoted to Team Manager within 2 and half years. The management are often transparent and share changes and decisions with their staff which is not something a lot of companies will do these days. The hours were fully flexi and there was regular weekend work which is why I chose to leave the company, however, I still see it as one of the best employers I have had in 12 years of work.
Pros
Free bus pass along with a free coach pass for the UK for 2 people, cash/voucher/gift incentives
Cons
shift work, weekend work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Express. Our community is ready to answer.