National Express Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive Work Enviornment.
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 3, 2016
Wonderful management staff that supports employees to the up most. Excellent company to work for, staff and management strive to make working here a positive experience. The reason for obtaining new employment is due to lack of pay increase.
Working progress
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Free coach travel
Cons: Working for many hours on the trot in polluted conditions on the roadside.
Turn up clock in, update coach load information and go out unto the street and sell tickets and dispense information to passengers and potential customers.

I learnt that having the ability to speak more than one language is an absolute Godsend.

Management is about being objective.

A fair and honest team is a good team.

Working through freezing and wet weather and high pollution environments coupled with online overbooking of available coach seats was definitely the hardest part of the job.

Meeting nice people and striking up new friendships.
No day is the same
Driver (Current Employee), BirminghamJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: free bus pass
Cons: un social hours
The job is very intense mentally and the shifts are a different time every day.
The roll of a driver has to have very calm and professional as some customers are challenging at times.
How ever you are on the open road and every day is a different day.
The things learned from this job is punctuality and self diserpline.
While driving you have to keep check on your running times of the journey.
The safety of the public comes first.
a pleasant job in summer time .
smart Coaches
coach driver, Stagecoach Chesterfield depot (Former Employee), Chesterfield, ENGJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: smart coaches
Cons: Long hours sometimes unpaid
But that is where it ends, It can be a fine job if you fit in with the management, training poor provided by untrained people, Uniform second hand, have to argue for fair treatment and pay..
Coaches smell of urine.
Day to day
Commercial Driver/BM Coaches (Current Employee), LondonJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Day to day jobs working for national express is just like driving a red bus in london but your on the motoway, so its a little bit harder
night warehouse operative
West Midlands Travel - Bus Driver (Current Employee), West BromwichJanuary 8, 2016
driving vehicle's into the warehouse ready to be loaded with parcel's ready to go out in the morning . scanning parcels into the warehouse
National express is a profesionally ran company, that prides it self on the safty and well being of its employees and passengers.
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Merced, CANovember 30, 2015
A typical day at work is showing up to the bus yard about 15 minutes early, I check in with the supervisor on duty, then i pretrip the bus i will be driving, I drive to my starting point then begin my rout, its a fixed rout so it usually goes pretty smooth every day, at the end of my shift I bring the bus back to the yard and do a post trip, I give my bus over to the bus washers and turn my paper work in for the day.
good job long hours
Shunter (Current Employee), Bishops Stortford, ENGNovember 29, 2015
Pros: can wash your car for free
Cons: smell sticks on your clothes when you get home.
Working nights for 12 hour shifts.
I have learned how to fuel coaches.
Management isn't about during night shifts only my supervisor who checks up now and again.
My colleagues are great. If you need help or advice they are there to ask. As am I for them.
The hardest part is staying awake for 12 hours throughout the night.
My favourite part is coming in to see my co-workers and just having a chat and a laugh whilst doing the job.
Room for upward mobility
Adult Trans Monitior (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 27, 2015
Pros: Weekends off
Cons: Extreamly poorly managed equimment and familities
National Express is one of the world's top transportation companies. If you are willing to move and educate yourself their is room for self advancement. Socializing with the Base line management is NOT the way to do that, however.

Stay focused on what your goal is and stay in written contact with the Parent company, so they know about your advancement goal.

Be careful when working with this company. IF you are hurt on the job, they are going to make it hard for you to get compensated.

Document to communicate any safety issues you come across with this companies equipment or facility. Telling someone is not enough and you will find that people will forget or deny any conversations you had with them in regards to a safety issues.

Each market is different. In Syracuse NY, we worked with Adults with Special needs. In other locations National Express transports school aged children.
good
Bus Driver (Former Employee), BirminghamNovember 19, 2015
inspecting buses.
reporting defects to engineers.
driving service buses.
collecting fares and issuing tickets using wayfarer.
customer service.
helping disables, wheelchair passengers on/off the bus.
providing info to customers.
Good job
Coach Driver (Current Employee), Stansted Airport/Luton AirportOctober 26, 2015
Very competitive work place. Free uniform. Guaranteed days off. Great veichle fleet. Friendly enviroment. Managers are helpful. Great places at the terminals.
Good Work place
Sales Support Advisor (Former Employee), Edgbaston, ENGOctober 25, 2015
Pros: free bus pass and travel
Cons: nothing
I liked working for National Express as it gives me experience working with customers.

I deal with travel bookings, hotel bookings, season tickets and coach cards.

I also gained experience in solving travel queries from all other National express coach stations.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Ticket Office Clerk (Former Employee), LondonOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Always pleasing to see customers satisfied.
Cons: Late shift finishes at 23:40hrs
Challenging environment but staff are well equipped to face it. My colleagues are always willing the extra mile to help customers in need.
Driver
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Wolverhampton, ENGOctober 12, 2015
Working as a driver
meeting new people everyday
Life skills learnt which can be used in everyday life
respecting other people and their needs
nice place to work within
Self rewarding working environment
Team Leader/Customer Service Adviser (Current Employee), Luton, ENGOctober 12, 2015
Pros: Good pay for job role.
Cons: Airport changes, unexpected issues.
National Express is a great place to work to develop new skills. Helping and supporting passengers arriving at the airport motivates me to continue through the day with a positive attitude.
Bus Driver
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: satisfaction the customers
Cons: poor working conditions
I would report to duty, a Bus will be allocated to me. I would check the Bus to ensure safety. I would then go onto my designated route to transport customers safely and comfortable.
i like the driving but do not enjoy the split rotas there are to many
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Walsall, ENGSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: good training for your psv licence
Cons: long hours due to splits
to many hours working on the shift rotas do not get much homelife with my wife very stressful job driving is good but some of the passengers can be very rude
National Express is a great place to progress in...
NATIONAL EXPRESS CUSTOMER RELATIONS ADVISOR (Current Employee), Birmingham, ENGSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: Working from home
Cons: annual leave requests
National Express is a great opportunity if you would like to progress further in the business and they also try hard to work around you home situation in regards to working hours.
Good if you don't get bored easily
Bus Driver (Former Employee), BirminghamSeptember 16, 2015
As in the title, if you can just get on with it driving on the same roads repeatedly and in a calm manner then you will find this job easy.
Rubbish place to work
New Product/Market Development & Retail Manager (Former Employee), BirminghamJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Going home
Cons: Offices
Rubbish management have no idea how to run a business and have a bullying culture in place by threats

Would not recommend to anybody