National Energy Board

National Energy Board Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good team spirit
Business Unit Administrator (NEB-06) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 14, 2014
Pros: every 2nd friday off, flexible hours, good benefits
Cons: getting every 2nd friday off, it took team work with the admin staff to make this work
Typical day at work was first thing in the morning; checking for any voice mails, emails that needed direction/information. Work on incoming and outgoing of invoices which included data entering into a database system called Freebalance. I learned a lot during my time with the NEB and working in a team based environment. Co-workers were easy to deal – more... with, I would train when necessary any new updates that were required in the Unit. I kept track of 40 employee's leave entitlements on a database. Advised staff on the proper procedures in the Business unit. The hardest part of the job was keeping track of the contracts and contractors we dealt with. I had certain input and wanted to see more input as I woked closely with contractors and had more hands on experience. With time this did change and became easier once I discussed my issues with my Business Manager and Contract Services.

The most enjoyable part was working for a great Business Leader and being able to contribute my time raising money for The United Way Campaign yearly. I also was involved with the social activities within the organization. – less
Striving for work life balance, and excellent training opportunities
Regulatory Administrator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 16, 2013
Pros: positive atmosphere
Cons: continuous high work load
My current position is very high paced and time sensitive. I learn to use organizational skills and prioritizing on a daily basis. I work with a great group of people who are always willing to answer questions and to mentor you any time needed.
The hardest part of the job is the work load, always high and time sensitive.
The best part are the people.
Average.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: downtown, close to bus & train.
Was only a temp. contract position. Good experience though.