National Energy Board Employee Reviews

Great place to work with job work/life balance
BI ETL/Report Developer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2016
Great place to work with job work/life balance; Good management and team work; Co-workers are working together and deliver projects with high quality
Good place to work with a Gym on site
Information Management Analyst (contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2016
Good place to work with emphasis on work life balance. With the right people on board you can run with an idea and make it happen.
fast paced professional regulatory
Technical Specialist / Hearing Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2016
Although associated with Natural resources of the Government of Canada this group worked independent of the usual government environment. based out of Calgary the position was fast paced and energizing often taking places to meet interesting people with unique problems and challenges. I enjoyed my work especially when working with the public.
Nice company to work with
Desktop Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2016
I learned a lot while working in this company. My Senior colleagues were very helpful and they were there when ever I needed them.
Government bureaucracy
analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 June 2015
The hiring process reflected the environment. There were a ton of hoops to jump through like scanning in a ton of documents and a long written exam just to get to the in-person interview stage. Overall, the interview process took months to grind through.

The work was typical office work, answering emails and writing reports.

Just couldn't get over the crushing government bureaucracy so I left for greener pastures.
Pros
near the c-train station, salary was reasonable
Cons
tons of government bureaucracy
A good team spirit
Business Unit Administrator (NEB-06) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2014
Typical day at work was first thing in the morning; checking for any voice mails, emails that needed direction/information. Work on incoming and outgoing of invoices which included data entering into a database system called Freebalance. I learned a lot during my time with the NEB and working in a team based environment. Co-workers were easy to deal with, I would train when necessary any new updates that were required in the Unit. I kept track of 40 employee's leave entitlements on a database. Advised staff on the proper procedures in the Business unit. The hardest part of the job was keeping track of the contracts and contractors we dealt with. I had certain input and wanted to see more input as I woked closely with contractors and had more hands on experience. With time this did change and became easier once I discussed my issues with my Business Manager and Contract Services.

The most enjoyable part was working for a great Business Leader and being able to contribute my time raising money for The United Way Campaign yearly. I also was involved with the social activities within the organization.
Pros
every 2nd Friday off, Flexible hours, Good benefits
Cons
getting every 2nd friday off, it took team work with the Admin staff to make this work
Striving for work life balance, and excellent training opportunities
Regulatory Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2013
My current position is very high paced and time sensitive. I learn to use organizational skills and prioritizing on a daily basis. I work with a great group of people who are always willing to answer questions and to mentor you any time needed.
The hardest part of the job is the work load, always high and time sensitive.
The best part are the people.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Continuous high work load
Average.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2013
Was only a temp. contract position. Good experience though.
Pros
downtown, close to bus & train.

National Energy Board Reviews by Location