National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces

National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces Employee Reviews

Found 1,195 reviews matching the search
fun place
Computer tech (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON17 June 2017
My experience working for arm forces was totally remarkable.I learned so much about the military and procedures. How they do things the officers are a great. The job is hard work but a very fun place to work and you form some great relationships.
Pros
all good
Awst
Tool Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Quebec17 June 2017
Currently working for the Royal Canadian Air Force as an air weapons system technician. The trade provides excellent work/life balance, management and work culture.
Pros
Work-Life Balance, Salary, Benefits, Culture, Management
Cons
Far from home and family
Canadian Forces Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer, Canadian Forces Bases (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC16 June 2017
For over three decades, they showed me an enormous information about how to build, maintain, and inspect our projects. For instance, I designed and built bridges, but I also completed my bridge inspector course and even taught it. I also dorve dump trucks to build roads at CFB Dundurn.in Saskatchewan. we built four roads there while working twelve hour shifts.
Pros
Free meals while away from our home units
Cons
Very long hours - up to 72 hours straight
Factory work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL14 June 2017
Working in a factory can be tough and hard on the body. Its not something that I would recommend to someone who has better choices and other options. It can be very exhausting.
Productive and Fun
Musician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 June 2017
Great opportunities and great friendships. You learn so much about yourself and others.

Great career advancement and job security. You won't regret it!
Pros
Friends
Loved the army
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NL13 June 2017
i was released from the army due to my own request i found it too strenuous on my previous injuries but i really miss it and i loved the work my company my commanding officers all of it.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
very difficult
Job with selective taste.
Private/ Officer Cadet (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB/ Kingston, ON13 June 2017
I was only apart of training and my life was on course for ALOY and Bold Eagle. Bold Eagle was a great experience for training and personal growth. ALOY wasn't nearly as good, and has left me with a distaste for the forces.
Pros
Many things are paid for (Medical, glasses, some travel, ect.)
Cons
Military Culture
Ever challenging work envirnoment
Sergeant Veh Tech at Base Maintenance Wainwright (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB13 June 2017
Broad spectrum of experience on all types of equipment. Complex recovery operations. No career advancement opportunities. Excellent job security. Good benefits
Pros
Security
Cons
Pay
The Camaraderie
Artilleryman (Gunner) (Current Employee) –  Petawawa, ON13 June 2017
My job was to maintain and operate the M777 for deployment and firing. I learned how to be part of a team, that there was something bigger than me....
Great people terrible management
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 June 2017
Everyday brings new opportunities to learn something new

Must be part of the "club" if you are wanting to advance.

Culture is great. Different types of people so you will fit in somewhere.

Lots of travel opportunity and great benefits
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Terrible management.
Fun work place kind people to work with
Stores Person (Former Employee) –  Langford, BC9 June 2017
Working with a great crew has a lot of good points, All day of work we worked together and alone at the same time helped out when needed.
The manager was a good guy to work with, He has understood how all have worked with him as he was our manger, but he was a team worker.
I have had a great team to work with awesome surrounding.
All and all it has a good point to feel the work place had a family like feeling.
Pros
educational, good work ethic great team
Cons
Long commute, work load piles some days heavy, short lunch hr
Great career
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 June 2017
Great career , was paid to train as an electrician technician with lots of experience, while being paid to traveling the world. Free medical and dental care
Pros
free education
Great Environment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 June 2017
New to me I have no complaints I hope you can find me something I have done a lot of work for National Defence. Good contracts easy work and great people.
Pros
Good People
More than a job
Marine Engineering Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Halifax, N.S.5 June 2017
the military is a lifestyle choice. great while you are young, the right person can make it work later on with family life. excellent pay and benefits
Workplace
Reservist Officer Sea Cadets (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON5 June 2017
As a cadet officer for 30 years I really enjoyed meeting so many people from so man y different cultures. It was a relaxing place to work. Everyone was there to help one another. It was a job a look forward to going to work every day.
Pros
Meeting so many different peopleom all walks of life.
Cons
Seasons too short
Fantastic Job.
NCIOP/ RMS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 June 2017
During My time in the Canadian Armed Forces, I got to see all of Canada, from Living in Victoria BC, and eventually ending up in Halifax. Amazing benefits, good trades that you will be paid to learn and great opportunity for advancement. If my wife was not pursuing her dream career and unable to move, I would still be in to this day.
Pros
Benefits, Travel, Pride
Cons
Potential Leave family for many months.
Department of National Defence
Corporal Finance-Logistics Branch - Clerical (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 June 2017
I am a patriotic citizen who has nothing but the deepest respect for the Canadian Armed Forces. Not only have I served but my family service goes back 5 generations.
Pros
Job security, Travel
Cons
Deployment
proud and physical
Recruit Water Treatment Technician (Former Employee) –  St.-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC30 May 2017
Great environment for the character building, integrity and lots of tough work. Discipline and respect for the hierarchy are the prerequisites. The right choice for the right character.
Pros
secure job
Cons
death is a part of the contract
Young Man's Game
Army Communications Information Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC29 May 2017
I enjoyed my career with DND, You have to be very flexible for work life vs home life.
There's a lot to learn and do but in the Trade there are not enough people to do the job.
Montreal has a lot of civilians and their look at the mission first can wait till tomorrow or later.
Pros
advancement opportunity
Cons
Family - personal VS Work life
Stable and Confident Workplace.
TRAINING /ACCOMMODATIONS/FINANCIAL OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2017
Working with DND was stable and exciting at times. A very professional environment as well as focused. Being a civilian under a military environment at times could be taxing but rewarding at the same time. I would recommend anyone to try to establish a position for DND as I enjoyed myself during my time there.
Pros
Big on Pot Lucks
Cons
strick process

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3