National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces

National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces Employee Reviews

Found 1,158 reviews matching the search
Good for Single People
Corporal in the Canadian Armed Forces (Former Employee) –  Gagetown, NB22 June 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the CAF. If i was single I would stay in for life. Lot of opportunities, experience gained. Now I have kids and want to be home with them. The military is not conducive with a stable home life.
i was a driver in the forces and enjoyed it
Mobile Support Operator (Former Employee) –  new brunswick and ontario20 June 2017
everyday was something new and challenging, the job will take you all over the country and the world and you will see and try new things as well. you will receive training for everything you need to know and do for your job and as new equipment is presented you will be trained right away.
It's the Army
Heavy Equipment Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Various Locations20 June 2017
It takes a full time dedication to be successful. Long hours, hard conditions. Good pay and a pension. Time off is excellent and you learn your trade while getting paid for it.
Awesome Very Fun Job
AIR CADET SUMMER TRAINING CENTER STAFF (Former Employee) –  Gimli, MB19 June 2017
I learned how to do inventory, work security, canteen sales, and much more. The management was fairly relaxed and you always knew what was going on around you. My job was to run and maintain the cadet canteen during the evenings and do security sweeps and bed checks at night. The hardest part was when the older course cadets were acting up and not following orders because they didn't respect you. Overall I loved the job the other staff was awesome and the off time was fun.
Pros
short hours, good pay, and awesome people.
Cons
no time to go home you are there for 7 weeks straight.
Good benefit, Good career progression
I. Recruiting Officer (1st Field Regiment) (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 June 2017
I am currently a member of the reserve forces and was first in the regular force. The training was good and paid well. Although when i was at RMC pay was low.
National Defence contractor
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 June 2017
Purchase of weaponized unmanned combat aerial vehicles UAV. Purchase was made to provide troops with aerial support for defence and offence. I am limited by the official secrets act on how much information I can talk about.
Pros
exciting
Cons
ehausting
fun place
Computer tech (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON17 June 2017
My experience working for arm forces was totally remarkable.I learned so much about the military and procedures. How they do things the officers are a great. The job is hard work but a very fun place to work and you form some great relationships.
Pros
all good
Awst
Tool Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Quebec17 June 2017
Currently working for the Royal Canadian Air Force as an air weapons system technician. The trade provides excellent work/life balance, management and work culture.
Pros
Work-Life Balance, Salary, Benefits, Culture, Management
Cons
Far from home and family
Canadian Forces Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer, Canadian Forces Bases (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC16 June 2017
For over three decades, they showed me an enormous information about how to build, maintain, and inspect our projects. For instance, I designed and built bridges, but I also completed my bridge inspector course and even taught it. I also dorve dump trucks to build roads at CFB Dundurn.in Saskatchewan. we built four roads there while working twelve hour shifts.
Pros
Free meals while away from our home units
Cons
Very long hours - up to 72 hours straight
Factory work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL14 June 2017
Working in a factory can be tough and hard on the body. Its not something that I would recommend to someone who has better choices and other options. It can be very exhausting.

Want to know more about National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces?

Ask a question
Productive and Fun
Musician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 June 2017
Great opportunities and great friendships. You learn so much about yourself and others.

Great career advancement and job security. You won't regret it!
Pros
Friends
Loved the army
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NL13 June 2017
i was released from the army due to my own request i found it too strenuous on my previous injuries but i really miss it and i loved the work my company my commanding officers all of it.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
very difficult
Job with selective taste.
Private/ Officer Cadet (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB/ Kingston, ON13 June 2017
I was only apart of training and my life was on course for ALOY and Bold Eagle. Bold Eagle was a great experience for training and personal growth. ALOY wasn't nearly as good, and has left me with a distaste for the forces.
Pros
Many things are paid for (Medical, glasses, some travel, ect.)
Cons
Military Culture
Ever challenging work envirnoment
Sergeant Veh Tech at Base Maintenance Wainwright (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB13 June 2017
Broad spectrum of experience on all types of equipment. Complex recovery operations. No career advancement opportunities. Excellent job security. Good benefits
Pros
Security
Cons
Pay
The Camaraderie
Artilleryman (Gunner) (Current Employee) –  Petawawa, ON13 June 2017
My job was to maintain and operate the M777 for deployment and firing. I learned how to be part of a team, that there was something bigger than me....
Great people terrible management
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 June 2017
Everyday brings new opportunities to learn something new

Must be part of the "club" if you are wanting to advance.

Culture is great. Different types of people so you will fit in somewhere.

Lots of travel opportunity and great benefits
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Terrible management.
Fun work place kind people to work with
Stores Person (Former Employee) –  Langford, BC9 June 2017
Working with a great crew has a lot of good points, All day of work we worked together and alone at the same time helped out when needed.
The manager was a good guy to work with, He has understood how all have worked with him as he was our manger, but he was a team worker.
I have had a great team to work with awesome surrounding.
All and all it has a good point to feel the work place had a family like feeling.
Pros
educational, good work ethic great team
Cons
Long commute, work load piles some days heavy, short lunch hr
Great career
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 June 2017
Great career , was paid to train as an electrician technician with lots of experience, while being paid to traveling the world. Free medical and dental care
Pros
free education
Great Environment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 June 2017
New to me I have no complaints I hope you can find me something I have done a lot of work for National Defence. Good contracts easy work and great people.
Pros
Good People
More than a job
Marine Engineering Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Halifax, N.S.5 June 2017
the military is a lifestyle choice. great while you are young, the right person can make it work later on with family life. excellent pay and benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3