National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces

National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces Employee Review

View all National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces reviews

Very gratifing job with a lot of exciting courses
Driver and detachment member on M777 Howitzer (Current Employee) –  Petawawa, ON25 November 2013
0730 Physical training
0830 Shower/ breakfast
0930 Clean and maintain howitzers, rifles, all gun stores. Classes on fire discipline and other military tactics.
1200 Lunch
1300 Cleaning building, various classes.
1600 Dismissed

I learnt from the beginning to follow orders and carry out task as asked in the minimum amount of time but done effectively. Further on I learnt how to take orders and direct them to fellow soldiers and make sure the task was done.

The management is always sending stuff down the structural pyramid with the confidence that it will get done, sometimes with absolutely no direction and timeline. There is a lack of communication and insight on what they would like to happen.

From the lowest rank to the highest rank in directly in charge of me my co workers for the most part are great guys and girls. The cohesion between all of us is great and we can all work as a team at any given time.

Going out into the field is always the most difficult part of any military job as you never know what to expect could happen. Training is always physically and mentally exhausting.

Traveling and being part of a family like no other, I've always been honored to wear my country's flag on my shoulder.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
No opinion

Other National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces Employee Reviews

Very physically challenging
Quarter Master Supply Technician (QMST) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2018
-Much training and field operations
-Colleagues are close together
-Hardest part of the job is physical training
-Most enjoyable part of the job is travelling to various locations
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Physical training
Awesome Jobl
Canadian Forces - Military Police (Current Employee) –  Ottawa20 January 2018
A great place to learn multiple skills and trades, explore the world. Over 100+ jobs it’s a great way to develop your skills and learn new ones at the same time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3