National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces

National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces Employee Review

View all National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces reviews

Constantly busy, very rewarding, extremely secure employment
AVIATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  443 Maritime Helicopter Squadron, Patricia Bay, BC3 December 2013
A typical day would see me meeting my small work crew and briefing them on the days work plans and expectations. I would disperse the daily tasks to suit each employees specialty skills and periodically confer with the team. At the end of the day, it was my job to inspect and sign for their work.

My responsibility is to report to mid-level management my teams productivity for each day. I am held accountable for the results of their production.

I found the most challenging part of the job (sometimes) is having to do more with less. Not enough trained personnel.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my employees receiving the recognition for a job well done!

I have learned two very important things in 33+ years employment here.

1. There is always something new to learn. You must be able to adapt to changing situations at any time.

2. Respect is earned. It is not issued nor is it an entitlement simply because of rank or position.
Pros
Extremely secure employment
Cons
Retirment age limit restrictions

Other National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces Employee Reviews

Sorry l left.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 January 2018
Very good place to work. Solid leadership. Opportunities for advancement. Enjoyable work environment. Excellent benefits package and rewarding when the job is well done.
Very physically challenging
Quarter Master Supply Technician (QMST) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2018
-Much training and field operations
-Colleagues are close together
-Hardest part of the job is physical training
-Most enjoyable part of the job is travelling to various locations
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Physical training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3