National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces

National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces Employee Reviews

Found 1,138 reviews matching the search
There IS no life like it!
Master-Corporal (Former Employee) –  Canada25 July 2017
Got to see a lot of beautiful countries and absorbed their culture. Great if you are single, but, can be stressful on a marriage. Constantly on course or deployment.
Pros
Family for life
Cons
Away from home a lot
So far so good
Pharmacy Officer (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON25 July 2017
Work like balance is amazing. You get to be a pharmacist and have quality of life. There are down falls like any job however they promote professional growth and development
Love this life
Electronic - Optronic Section, 2IC (Current Employee) –  Wainwright, AB25 July 2017
Wake up, PT, Shower, Off to the shop. Now the fun starts, you could be rewiring a generator, cleaning and aligning sights on an APC or tank. As an Electronics technician in the RCEME corps you never know what you will experience each day.
Pros
Good pay, Good work, Great people
Cons
Possible long separation from family
Challenging and rewarding
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON25 July 2017
Exercise and weight training,run's in the morning, general duties, classes, weapons training. Field exercises are a daily routine.Team sports. Good workplace environment.
Pros
Stay in great shape
Cons
Relocation
infantry.
Infantry Soldier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 July 2017
The infantry is the main land combat force and backbone of the Army. They are responsible for defending our country against any threat by land, as well as capturing, destroying and repelling enemy ground forces
made a man out of me
Signal Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 July 2017
Great for building character and challenging you to be the best you can. hard training and even harder job i was fortunate to work with many different trades.
Pros
cool uniforms
Cons
strict policies
Very good
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 July 2017
Best experience I have had, can't really say it was a work environment, it was more of a lifestyle then a workplace but over all I've met some of the nicest and roughest people.
Great career with many opportunities.
Gunner (Current Employee) –  Petawawa, ON19 July 2017
- no day is typical as needs of the unit is constantly changing
- learned: how to operate and maintain many weapon systems, hard work and how important it is to be apart of a team (team work is vital and the job would be considerably more challenging if you lack team work)
- management: is great it all falls on hard work and team work, they will take care of you if you display the mentioned traits
- culture: friendly and closed nit, you have a very unique job that not man others could do or would want to do, your peers share the same struggles and you will always find support
- hardest part of the job: spend long periods away from family and loved ones which is the hardest, also there is physical activity that is always challenging but is rewarding all the same
- most enjoyable part of the job: operating weapon systems that you will not find anywhere else, afforded many opportunities to go to amazing places and do amazing things with amazing people
Best job I ever had
Private (Current Employee) –  Borden, ON17 July 2017
Pretty challenging but fulfilling. Not like other jobs and you work towards making a difference. Plenty of room for advancement, just requires time-in and lots of motivation.
Good employer
Infantry officer (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC16 July 2017
It's a very demanding career. The training takes a lot out of a person but is also very rewarding. I recommend reserve force over full time as its volunteer based
Excellent Job to push yourself
Canadian Forces Class B Reserve Officer (Current Employee) –  Strathmore, AB13 July 2017
There is no other job like it. Name another job where you build on your leadership skills and teamwork skills. This job allows you to travel the world and really push your comfort zone.
Caf
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON11 July 2017
The Canadian Armed Forces, or Canadian Forces are the unified armed forces of Canada, as constituted by the National Defence Act, which states: The Canadian Forces are the armed forces of Her Majesty raised by Canada and consist of one Service called the Canadian Armed Forces.
Pros
free lunches
outstanding experience
Retired Warrant Officer / Radio Operator (Former Employee) –  All over Canada and Overseas11 July 2017
The Canadian military offers great opportunity, development, training and experience.

22 years of service proved to be the best years of my life team spirit, training, overseas deployment.

THERE IS NO LIFE LIKE IT :-)
Pros
Life experience
great job
Armoured Crewman (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 July 2017
a great part time job and very proud to do it. the work can be tough but fun at the same time. I obtain many skills from the job that can be applicable to other jobs
Fun, team environment workplace
Arena/Outdoor Facilities Manager - PSP (Former Employee) –  Shearwater, NS6 July 2017
Managed 12-15 employees. Responsible for recreational facility management and Fitness and Sports of the Canadian Military. Our workplace worked very close to one another and each position required others to help make our jobs successful. Without being an actual member of the Canadian Forces we were still very close with the members making us feel like a family. Hardest part of the job was a majority of the time having our company ran "military style." Lower level employees voices were often ignored and placed in different categories. I was the type of manager who would involve all of my employees in brainstorm discussions in order to make the workplace better each and every day. It created a very healthy and fun environment to work in.
Pros
Cons
Job security due to government cutbacks
Great place to work.
Signals Shop (Former Employee) –  Gagetown, NB5 July 2017
I learned how to be independent. the hardest part of the job is field exercises, the most enjoyable part of the job is the accomplishments that you are able to complete in such a tight schedule.
It was a great experience.
Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  Borden, ON27 June 2017
Joined right out of high school. They taught me how to organise my self and kept me in line. I had a great time met some amazing people and the training was awesome.
Great place to work. Busy environment
Kitchen Worker (Current Employee) –  Suffield, AB27 June 2017
Great job.. Great Benefits but pay system Phoenix makes it hard to work there..You work lots of over time and never no if your going to get paid. Management in this work place is always changing and these new people make changes when they come in so makes it hard for workers to know if job is correct or not. Supervisor also change lots and the rules are not unforced the same for everyone. Each supervisor has different views on how things should be done. I would continue working there but do to family matters I have decided to move back home to NFLD to continue my career
Pros
Payroll
Cons
Lots of hours..
Push your limits
Technicien d'Armement (Former Employee) –  St-Hubert, QC27 June 2017
Very large scale teams
Very hard discipline
Lots of opportunities
You can see the world
It's like a big family
Shows you really where your limits are
If you were not a man before than with the army you will become one fast
Pros
Lots of support
Cons
Fatigue
Caf
Plumbing and Heating Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2017
I have been with the Canadian Forces for almost 18 years. There really isn't a typical day at work, because you never really know what you will be dealing with. I've learned so much over the years, whether it was team work, hardship, supervising, learning to adapt to any situation at any given time, and many others. Management is vey important. If you lose control, issues will happen. Hardest part of being a solider is time away from your family. Most enjoyable part is the comradery, and serving my Country.
Pros
Serving Canada
Cons
Being away from Family members

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3