National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces

National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces Employee Reviews

Found 1,195 reviews matching the search
Entreprise sans limite
Artilleryman (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC25 September 2017
Excellent entreprise ou la formation varies en tout lieu, possiblité de carriere excitante partout au canada et dans le monde
Pros
Formation continue
Cons
Horraire inflexible
Great Part Time Employer
Attained rank of corporal (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 September 2017
Had the opportunity to receive great levels of training in various aspects of the military. I also had the opportunity to meet royals and dignitaries of various countries.
Pros
Camaraderie, team building, equipment
Cons
Physically challenging
Dnd
Senior Business Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 September 2017
Bureaucratic environment. Leadership and the mindset in the middle is lacking. The system and processes make it too difficult to accomplish goals on time.
Pros
nothing is free
Cons
work hours are routine
Best people in the world, best job I ever had, would do it again.
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC23 September 2017
If I was not injured in service I would have stayed to finish my career. I miss the people, the friendships and the team spirit. The military taught me a lot about myself and about service to country as well as my fellow man. I could write a novel, but I will not. The only thing I will say is that the current system of Veterans Pensions and Benefits is a disgrace and that disabled Veterans suffer needlessly. I have mixed feelings about recommending the work, because disabled Veterans are not taken care of.
Pros
good people, good work
Cons
poor insurance and life expectancy.
Hard working environment
Vehicle Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 September 2017
There is no typical work environment, everyday is a new challenge.
Each day there is something new to learn whether about your trade or your own character. Management is strict but fair and the culture can be very up bringing.
I got in shape
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON20 September 2017
the work was physically demanding but it wasn't hard. The hours were good and the people were great. I got in shape and the pay was awesome. Vacation was easy to get
Pros
It's a workout
Cons
Coworkers
Review of working in the Canadian Military
Naval Communicator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 September 2017
For anyone who has been in the military you know that it is a multi-responsibility job. You don't just work at the trade you joined up for, you are a soldier first. I am proud of the service I gave Canada and encourage anyone to join the Canadian military. It requires dedication and hard work but is worth it.
It depends what your personality is.
Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2017
In the case of the CF Reserves, for some the military fills a void in their lives and those people are extremely dedicated to the CF because it is their family. However for those who have civilian careers, the CF demands more than is reasonable for a person to succeed in their civilian career.
Productive and fun palce to work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 September 2017
A great place to serve your country. Develop strong leadership skills at all levels in the company. Learn how to work in a fast pace environment that can change at a moments notice
vehicle technician
Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  canada12 September 2017
every day a new challenge, new struggles, new learning opportunities. Pushing your body and mind to its limits. experiencing late nights, early mornings, field ops that put you a little to no sleep. an amazing experience to find out what your true potential is; what your capable of and how much you can take. The family you make with each individual is by far the best experience, these people trust you with their lives as you do with your own, and the relationship lasts a lifetime.
strength
Cons
hard on body
Interesting and Challenging
Cadet Instructor Cadre Officer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 September 2017
Working hard to supervise, train and handle the administrative aspects of the Cadets Canada program provides an opportunity to affect great personal growth in youth. The experience can be very rewarding.
Pros
Paid training, job security
good job
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2017
The Forces aren't for everyone. I had a great career with them, but its hard work and serious dedication. I would tell anyone who is serious about serving your country to pursue a job with the CF
Pros
great people, great benefits
Cons
you will be married to the military
Fun career
Infantry Battle School Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2017
I got to shoot guns and blow up stuff. It was a lot of fun and was a very "boy's club" environment. Not many females in the infantry and for very good reason. Front line position in battle conditions.
Pros
High camaraderie
Hard working individuals
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2017
Very demanding. Physically challenging. Needs to be disciplined, creative and be able to solve problems. Learned to work as a team as well as build the knowledge and skill to effectively manage a team.
Overall a good life for those who want it
Naval Communicator (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 September 2017
It's not an easy career but for those who are alright with the sacrifices you need to make it's extremely rewarding. Everything you are ever expected to do is taught to you. It's stable and can offer a great life.
Pros
Amazing benefits, pay, great people
Cons
day to day it can be pretty rough
enjoyed working there
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  base borden barrie8 September 2017
Was a lot of work. Very demanding, punctual, and responsible. worked in team environment where we all had to work and rely on each other. Good experience with heavy duty kitchen machinery.
Challenging workplace with enthusiastic colleagues
Infantry Soldier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 September 2017
The job as an Infanteer is very demanding, but at the same time very rewarding. The people in my team come from all wakes of life and are very enthusiastic in their approach. If not for them, the job could have been much worse. The military does take care of their own and understands the various needs of Reservists and tends to accommodate them.
Co-op was fun while it lasted
CO-OP POSITION - SAP Technical Support Role (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 September 2017
First CO-OP placement and i was great for the first 4 months that i was there for. After accepting a part time position during the school year it got very slow and there was not work given, even if asked for on a hourly basis.
Moyen
Canadian Armed Forces (Former Employee) –  Esquimalt, BC6 September 2017
J'ai pas grand chose à dire,
si vous voulez travailler dans des conditions très mauvaise mais avec des avantages sociaux exceptionnels.
Good Job
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2017
I am currently working as a Quality Control Inspector for the Department of National Defence on a 3-month contract. This position involves interacting with military members and moving companies to ensure operations are coordinated smoothly and managing and resolving any conflicts that may arise. This job was very enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3