The Toronto Plant of NCA has a need for temporary Machine Operators to work the afternoon shift, for a period of up to one year.
The incumbent will be responsible for operating equipment according to established standard operating procedures, proactively monitor product quality and cooperate with others to maintain a clean and safe operating environment.
JOB DUTIES will include:
- Operating in a manner where SAFETY and ENVIRONMENT are of the highest importance.
- Perform according to Standard Operating Procedures to demonstrate operational excellence.
- Measure completed products to ensure quality standards are met.
- Possibly standing more than 75% of the time.
- Lift up to 25 pounds unaided, as required. Occassional lifting of up to 50 pounds assisted.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a machine shop or production line environment, producing quality finished products required.
- Must have good verbal and written English skills and basic math skills.
- Experience working in an environment that has gone through LEAN process changes preferred.
- Must be able to work afternoon shifts (Monday to Thursday 4pm to 12am and Friday 2pm to 10:30pm totalling 38 hours/week).
- Must be able to also work overtime during construction season.
- Overtime premium pay after 38 hours.
- Safety Boot Allowance.
The job offer will be contingent upon successful completion of post-offer exam, to confirm physical capability to perform the duties of the position.
National Concrete Accessories provides over 35 years of experience in onsite solutions and is one of North America's leading manufacturers...