The Toronto Plant of NCA has a need for temporary Machine Operators to work the afternoon shift, for a period of up to one year.
The incumbent will be responsible for operating equipment according to established standard operating procedures, proactively monitor product quality and cooperate with others to maintain a clean and safe operating environment.
JOB DUTIES will include:
- Operating in a manner where SAFETY and ENVIRONMENT are of the highest importance.
- Perform according to Standard Operating Procedures to demonstrate operational excellence.
- Measure completed products to ensure quality standards are met.
- Possibly standing more than 75% of the time.
- Lift up to 25 pounds unaided, as required. Occassional lifting of up to 50 pounds assisted.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a machine shop or production line environment, producing quality finished products required.
- Must have good verbal and written English skills and basic math skills.
- Experience working in an environment that has gone through LEAN process changes preferred.
- Must be able to work afternoon shifts (Monday to Thursday 4pm to 12am and Friday 2pm to 10:30pm totalling 38 hours/week).
- Must be able to also work overtime during construction season.
- Overtime premium pay after 38 hours.
- Safety Boot Allowance.
The job offer will be contingent upon successful completion of post-offer exam, to confirm physical capability to perform the duties of the position.
Indeed - 20 months ago