National Arts Centre Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Box Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wickets8 July 2016
Decent place to work. A lot of hoops to jump through and sometimes it feels like you're being shafted. They are a good company to work with, however the employees are somewhat unprofessional at times in their personal discussions among themselves.
A great place to work
Audio, Lighting and Stage Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario2 April 2013
I have always felt privileged to have been able to work at such a prestiges venue and wouldn't change it for the world.
I love my family at the NAC and have learned a tonne in the last 18 years.
The hardest part of the job are the hours we operate and weekends are none existent in the entertainment industry.
Losing out on quality family time, especially around the holidays like Christmas was always hard.
The most enjoyable part of the job besides the feeling that you worked with your family members on stage was seeing the end result.
The response from the audience at the end of the night made it all worth it!
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
long, long hours
great people great environment overall rating five stars
General Maintenance worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa Ontario16 January 2013
My daily tasks are basically routine as outlined on my resume and I work the evening shift usually by myself when there are no shows in house I have a co worker when we have shows I find that the hardest part of my job is getting from one end of the building to another if I am being called as the building is over 1 million sq feet but most of the time the person calling is very patient that is the enjoyable part everyone @ the NAC is extremely professional towards one another which makes everyones' jobs important to each other it is a hand in hand operational team work effort that makes the job enjoyable.
Pros
being able to see shows and meeting actors
Cons
to be honest i can not think of anything at this moment

Want to know more about National Arts Centre?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Arts Centre. Our community is ready to answer.

National Arts Centre Reviews by Location