NAS RECRUITMENT COMMUNICATIONS Employee Reviews

exciting
Product manager assistant (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DUSeptember 5, 2015
as a brand specialist responsible for the sales of some specific brands and taking an assignment of being a leader of my team it was a great experience
Communication
Recreational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 5, 2015
Communication could be better among staff and crew. There is a lot of group conversations. The thing I enjoy most about my job interacting with patrons and their familiies.
Self Motivated and Independent employee
Sr. Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 6, 2015
The hardest part of this job was I needed more of a challenge therefore I interviewed for the Lead Accountant position in NSE, the current position I am completing. Both jobs has been very insightful and I have worked with some amazing offshoring associates - ADP Pune, ADP Hyderbad, and IBM Global Accounting department.
Pros
Flexible hours and work from home
Cons
Tasks became less challenging
productive and interesting workplace
Haulage Driver (Former Employee) –  Stockton on TeesMarch 22, 2015
job was great however the hours and lack of stability were a shame, apart from that, the job required house to house deliverys on a daily basis all over the country, dealing with customers all day for roughly 10 to 15 hours, loved it
Pros
got to see the country and meet people
Cons
lack of stability
love that place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXDecember 4, 2014
Follows detailed worksheet for each cabin cleaning
Completes inventory of cabin contents on form provided. Provides information on any missing items to the manager.
Daily maintenance of hot tubs.
Clean building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
Change bedding and make beds as directed.
Stock cabin food supplies (coffee, tea, sugar, etc.) as needed.
Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
Gather and empty trash.
Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
Make adjustments and to heating, cooling and ventilating systems.
Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
Steam-clean or shampoo carpets. Polish floors.
Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
Clean chimneys, flues, and connecting pipes, using power and hand tools.
Drive vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning work, including vans
Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
Notify supervisor concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building
  more... operating systems.
Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, and ladders to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
Spray insecticides and fumigants as directed to prevent insect infestation.
Remove debris from driveways and all public areas inside or out.
Replace light bulbs.
Sort clothing and other articles, load washing machines, and iron and fold dried items.
Sort, count, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets.
Deliver any items requested by guests to cabins.
Observe precautions required to protect resort and guest property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
Carry linens, towels, toilet ite
Pros
free lunches for christmas and thanksgiving
Cons
short breaks
NAS Recruiter
Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAJune 24, 2014
The work was never dull. It was great to be able to work from home. I only wish the company had more work. Once my staff and I filled most of the independent contractor positions, we were laid off.
Pros
boss was easy to work with
Cons
wish the job lasted longer
serious
Asst Ammo Accountant for Weapons Department (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 7, 2014
fun serious learned alot greta people great experiences. Great place to work.
Good benefits
Tacker (Former Employee) –  Cutoff, LAMarch 19, 2014
The job at North American Shipbuilding (NAS) had very good benefits such as healthcare dental and vision insurance. Most of my coworkers were easy to get along with. I did learn alot while working their and honed my skills as a welder.
Pros
very good heathcare
Cons
hard to keep work area clean because of all the people you would have to work around.
Fun daily office environment
Account Executive, Colorado (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CODecember 27, 2013
• Consulted and developed employment brand and solutions for clients and prospects, frequently promoting new marketing products and services as they became available.
• Engaged in business to business outside sales, including development and presentation of RFPs.
• Experience organizing and planning production of television, radio/web advertising and creative development.
• Managed and implemented search engine optimization strategy and search engine marketing initiatives for clients’ success.
Great Company to Work With
Interactive Web/Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 21, 2013
Very many inspirations from the leaders; got to work with many talented designers and Web developer.
Easy to get the job done.
scaffolders labourer (Former Employee) –  aberdeenAugust 19, 2013
The people I was working with were excellent which made the job really fun for me.
Overall, NAS Is a great place to work.
Web Developer / Designer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 5, 2013
NAS is a great place to work with great people on exciting projects. Unfortunately they have laid a lot of people off and it was stressful wondering if you were going to be laid off day in and day out. The atmosphere is great, everyone gets along well, but many people had the "I'm in this for myself attitude". So, not every projects went smoothly, because it was not a collaborative effort which is what I think you need in a creative environment.
Pros
fun people, good atmosphere, casual dress code, lunch on fridays, the benefits were phenomenal, exciting projects
Cons
some people were not very collaborative, layoffs were stressful, long commute for me
Entry level position
Account Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 16, 2013
This was my first job out of college. It was a great learning experience for me; however, there wasn't much room for advancement. I did enjoy it though.
Pros
great schedule, close to home
Cons
no room to advance
agency based contraccts, friendly staff
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Livingston, SCTJune 25, 2013
a day would involve working for one of the contracted companies carrying their loads for delivery or trunking.

hours could vary from early to nights over the course of a week which can be an inconvenience.

the best and worst bit of the job could be the hours spent on my own
between drops and meeting different people daily.
Pros
flexibility of shifts
Cons
early starts eg, 00.00-0500
Good pay and benefits, terrible management
Overhead Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Ghent, KYMay 5, 2013
Negative work environment, small town politics. The only good thing was the pay.
Pros
pay
Great experience.
Corrosion Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAApril 5, 2013
Very educational position. Great learning experience. Management was very supportive.
I enjoy working with the public and the entire team.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 1, 2013
Assisting customers, and associates.
Resolving issues, merchandising, working with vendors.
I have learned about the merchandise we sell to better inform customers, and better understand what a customers needs are. Managment is always willing to listen and resolve issues to make our department more productive. We try to work together to get the job done.
Not being able to provide a customer of there needs at that time. When a request has been made, and I can make it happen.
Pros
great managers and supervisors. it's close to home.
Cons
advancement, full-time position, and wages.
Interactive Strategist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 24, 2013
I've been here for 6 months and love it. I work with very skilled and professional people on my particular team. The company is going through a kind of re-birth and putting a lot of investment into future technologies, both as product offerings and capital investment. I feel as though I am helping lead the company into the future and feel appreciated for my talent. It's a great place to work!
Pros
friendly work environment, some have the ability to work remotely.
It is a Military Command
Project Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Naples ItalyJanuary 17, 2013
It was mu first command i was assigned to, location was very enjoyable
Horrible Job
Accout Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJanuary 2, 2013
Worst job I ever had. Micro managed. Placed job ads in papers across the U.S. Management was unprofessional. They watched you like a hawk. Heavy work load, very stressful
Pros
coffee during work.. only pro i can think of!
Cons
everything