NAS RECRUITMENT COMMUNICATIONS Employee Reviews

For an agency they are one of the best
LGV driver/ Delivery porter/ warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian30 January 2017
Obviously agency work is as it is but this organisation is a bit better than most. The work can slow slightly sometimes in January but that's the norm most places. The staff are some of the most approachable and helpful. They do seem like they care about you unlike some agencies and will try to accommodate things like certain work preferences or locations. Work is mostly driving goods vehicles or warehouse roles. A good employer if you aren't going to muck about.
Pros
Good office staff, flexible work patterns, variety of roles.
Cons
As with any agency there are quiet times
productive and fun working place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dubai17 January 2017
Most of my days help me to attain new knowledge and helps me to be graceful even when the situation pressures.All my co workers are so helpful and so friendly where i feel home.Yes we do have hard times specially when flights are delayed .If not this job helps me in every ways specially to be professional enough in handling VIP passengers.
self employed
Agency Driver (Former Employee) –  Livingston16 January 2017
self employed,good company very easy going .always giving me work for right licence.good management .good jobs good people
Great Place with awesome people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TN31 December 2016
Great place to work. In the process of a buy out. Things can change rapidly. It has been a family operation for 20 years. I have always been treated well.
Pros
Great atmosphere, with some free lunches and monthly doughnuts
Cons
interdepartmental relations are difficult
Limited locations!
head teller, supplied tellers (Former Employee) –  NAS/JRB New Orleans15 October 2016
The work experience was a positive, learned a great deal about the banking business and was able to take on a great amount of responsibility. With only two locations and both in Belle Chasse Louisiana, the commute was too much from Slidell.
Pros
Family type atmosphere.
Cons
Only two locations.
Smaller Company - More Breathing room
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OH12 November 2015
When I started at NAS Recruitment it was still a family held company. A couple years later there was a big corporate takeover and after that no jobs were safe.

All departments were downsized, and offices closed left and right. At the time of my layoff in 2009 the company was half the size it had been.

The people were AMAZING to work with, I got to know just about everyone at the company, and my boss was top of the line.

This was where I got my feet wet in computer work, and where I found it could be a rewarding career.
Pros
Holiday parties, work environment
Cons
Job security
exciting
Product manager assistant (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DU5 September 2015
as a brand specialist responsible for the sales of some specific brands and taking an assignment of being a leader of my team it was a great experience
Communication
Recreational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MS5 August 2015
Communication could be better among staff and crew. There is a lot of group conversations. The thing I enjoy most about my job interacting with patrons and their familiies.
Self Motivated and Independent employee
Sr. Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA6 July 2015
The hardest part of this job was I needed more of a challenge therefore I interviewed for the Lead Accountant position in NSE, the current position I am completing. Both jobs has been very insightful and I have worked with some amazing offshoring associates - ADP Pune, ADP Hyderbad, and IBM Global Accounting department.
Pros
Flexible hours and work from home
Cons
Tasks became less challenging
productive and interesting workplace
Haulage Driver (Former Employee) –  Stockton on Tees22 March 2015
job was great however the hours and lack of stability were a shame, apart from that, the job required house to house deliverys on a daily basis all over the country, dealing with customers all day for roughly 10 to 15 hours, loved it
Pros
got to see the country and meet people
Cons
lack of stability
love that place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TX4 December 2014
Follows detailed worksheet for each cabin cleaning
Completes inventory of cabin contents on form provided. Provides information on any missing items to the manager.
Daily maintenance of hot tubs.
Clean building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
Change bedding and make beds as directed.
Stock cabin food supplies (coffee, tea, sugar, etc.) as needed.
Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
Gather and empty trash.
Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
Make adjustments and to heating, cooling and ventilating systems.
Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
Steam-clean or shampoo carpets. Polish floors.
Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
Clean chimneys, flues, and connecting pipes, using power and hand tools.
Drive vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning work, including vans
Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
Notify supervisor concerning the need for major repairs
  more... or additions to building operating systems.
Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, and ladders to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
Spray insecticides and fumigants as directed to prevent insect infestation.
Remove debris from driveways and all public areas inside or out.
Replace light bulbs.
Sort clothing and other articles, load washing machines, and iron and fold dried items.
Sort, count, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets.
Deliver any items requested by guests to cabins.
Observe precautions required to protect resort and guest property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
Carry linens, towels, toilet ite
Pros
free lunches for christmas and thanksgiving
Cons
short breaks
NAS Recruiter
Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VA24 June 2014
The work was never dull. It was great to be able to work from home. I only wish the company had more work. Once my staff and I filled most of the independent contractor positions, we were laid off.
Pros
Boss was easy to work with
Cons
Wish the job lasted longer
serious
Asst Ammo Accountant for Weapons Department (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL7 April 2014
fun serious learned alot greta people great experiences. Great place to work.
Good benefits
Tacker (Former Employee) –  Cutoff, LA19 March 2014
The job at North American Shipbuilding (NAS) had very good benefits such as healthcare dental and vision insurance. Most of my coworkers were easy to get along with. I did learn alot while working their and honed my skills as a welder.
Pros
very good heathcare
Cons
hard to keep work area clean because of all the people you would have to work around.
Fun daily office environment
Account Executive, Colorado (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CO27 December 2013
• Consulted and developed employment brand and solutions for clients and prospects, frequently promoting new marketing products and services as they became available.
• Engaged in business to business outside sales, including development and presentation of RFPs.
• Experience organizing and planning production of television, radio/web advertising and creative development.
• Managed and implemented search engine optimization strategy and search engine marketing initiatives for clients’ success.
Great Company to Work With
Interactive Web/Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH21 August 2013
Very many inspirations from the leaders; got to work with many talented designers and Web developer.
Easy to get the job done.
scaffolders labourer (Former Employee) –  aberdeen19 August 2013
The people I was working with were excellent which made the job really fun for me.
Overall, NAS Is a great place to work.
Web Developer / Designer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH5 August 2013
NAS is a great place to work with great people on exciting projects. Unfortunately they have laid a lot of people off and it was stressful wondering if you were going to be laid off day in and day out. The atmosphere is great, everyone gets along well, but many people had the "I'm in this for myself attitude". So, not every projects went smoothly, because it was not a collaborative effort which is what I think you need in a creative environment.
Pros
Fun people, good atmosphere, casual dress code, lunch on Fridays, the benefits were phenomenal, exciting projects
Cons
Some people were not very collaborative, layoffs were stressful, long commute for me
Entry level position
Account Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MD16 July 2013
This was my first job out of college. It was a great learning experience for me; however, there wasn't much room for advancement. I did enjoy it though.
Pros
great schedule, close to home
Cons
no room to advance
agency based contraccts, friendly staff
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Livingston, SCT25 June 2013
a day would involve working for one of the contracted companies carrying their loads for delivery or trunking.

hours could vary from early to nights over the course of a week which can be an inconvenience.

the best and worst bit of the job could be the hours spent on my own
between drops and meeting different people daily.
Pros
flexibility of shifts
Cons
early starts eg, 00.00-0500