NAS RECRUITMENT COMMUNICATIONS Employee Reviews

For an agency they are one of the best
LGV driver/ Delivery porter/ warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian30 January 2017
Obviously agency work is as it is but this organisation is a bit better than most. The work can slow slightly sometimes in January but that's the norm most places. The staff are some of the most approachable and helpful. They do seem like they care about you unlike some agencies and will try to accommodate things like certain work preferences or locations. Work is mostly driving goods vehicles or warehouse roles. A good employer if you aren't going to muck about.
Pros
Good office staff, flexible work patterns, variety of roles.
Cons
As with any agency there are quiet times
self employed
Agency Driver (Former Employee) –  Livingston16 January 2017
self employed,good company very easy going .always giving me work for right licence.good management .good jobs good people
productive and fun working place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dubai17 January 2017
Most of my days help me to attain new knowledge and helps me to be graceful even when the situation pressures.All my co workers are so helpful and so friendly where i feel home.Yes we do have hard times specially when flights are delayed .If not this job helps me in every ways specially to be professional enough in handling VIP passengers.
driving agency
Driver (Former Employee) –  Durham30 January 2017
work here was different from one day to the next as the agency had multiple clients. work started early in the morning and had no fixed end time as it depended on where you were sent.
Pros
good hourly rates
Cons
0 hours contract so work not guarenteed
Great Place with awesome people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TN31 December 2016
Great place to work. In the process of a buy out. Things can change rapidly. It has been a family operation for 20 years. I have always been treated well.
Pros
Great atmosphere, with some free lunches and monthly doughnuts
Cons
interdepartmental relations are difficult
Limited locations!
head teller, supplied tellers (Former Employee) –  NAS/JRB New Orleans15 October 2016
The work experience was a positive, learned a great deal about the banking business and was able to take on a great amount of responsibility. With only two locations and both in Belle Chasse Louisiana, the commute was too much from Slidell.
Pros
Family type atmosphere.
Cons
Only two locations.
Smaller Company - More Breathing room
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OH12 November 2015
When I started at NAS Recruitment it was still a family held company. A couple years later there was a big corporate takeover and after that no jobs were safe.

All departments were downsized, and offices closed left and right. At the time of my layoff in 2009 the company was half the size it had been.

The people were AMAZING to work with, I got to know just about everyone at the company, and my boss was top of the line.

This was where I got my feet wet in computer work, and where I found it could be a rewarding career.
Pros
Holiday parties, work environment
Cons
Job security
Overall, NAS Is a great place to work.
Web Developer / Designer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH5 August 2013
NAS is a great place to work with great people on exciting projects. Unfortunately they have laid a lot of people off and it was stressful wondering if you were going to be laid off day in and day out. The atmosphere is great, everyone gets along well, but many people had the "I'm in this for myself attitude". So, not every projects went smoothly, because it was not a collaborative effort which is what I think you need in a creative environment.
Pros
Fun people, good atmosphere, casual dress code, lunch on Fridays, the benefits were phenomenal, exciting projects
Cons
Some people were not very collaborative, layoffs were stressful, long commute for me
I enjoy working with the public and the entire team.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL1 February 2013
Assisting customers, and associates.
Resolving issues, merchandising, working with vendors.
I have learned about the merchandise we sell to better inform customers, and better understand what a customers needs are. Managment is always willing to listen and resolve issues to make our department more productive. We try to work together to get the job done.
Not being able to provide a customer of there needs at that time. When a request has been made, and I can make it happen.
Pros
great managers and supervisors. it's close to home.
Cons
advancement, full-time position, and wages.
education tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, Tx18 December 2012
Great place to work, great benefits, paid vacation would love to still be working for the company but had to move due to the military.
Pros
transfer
Cons
no room for advancement
Good benefits
Tacker (Former Employee) –  Cutoff, LA19 March 2014
The job at North American Shipbuilding (NAS) had very good benefits such as healthcare dental and vision insurance. Most of my coworkers were easy to get along with. I did learn alot while working their and honed my skills as a welder.
Pros
very good heathcare
Cons
hard to keep work area clean because of all the people you would have to work around.
Entry level position
Account Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MD16 July 2013
This was my first job out of college. It was a great learning experience for me; however, there wasn't much room for advancement. I did enjoy it though.
Pros
great schedule, close to home
Cons
no room to advance
Horrible Job
Accout Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, Ohio2 January 2013
Worst job I ever had. Micro managed. Placed job ads in papers across the U.S. Management was unprofessional. They watched you like a hawk. Heavy work load, very stressful
Pros
coffee during work.. only pro i can think of!
Cons
everything
Self Motivated and Independent employee
Sr. Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA6 July 2015
The hardest part of this job was I needed more of a challenge therefore I interviewed for the Lead Accountant position in NSE, the current position I am completing. Both jobs has been very insightful and I have worked with some amazing offshoring associates - ADP Pune, ADP Hyderbad, and IBM Global Accounting department.
Pros
Flexible hours and work from home
Cons
Tasks became less challenging
Great experience.
Corrosion Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PA5 April 2013
Very educational position. Great learning experience. Management was very supportive.
Fun daily office environment
Account Executive, Colorado (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CO27 December 2013
• Consulted and developed employment brand and solutions for clients and prospects, frequently promoting new marketing products and services as they became available.
• Engaged in business to business outside sales, including development and presentation of RFPs.
• Experience organizing and planning production of television, radio/web advertising and creative development.
• Managed and implemented search engine optimization strategy and search engine marketing initiatives for clients’ success.
Good pay and benefits, terrible management
Overhead Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Ghent, KY5 May 2013
Negative work environment, small town politics. The only good thing was the pay.
Pros
Pay
Interactive Strategist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH24 January 2013
I've been here for 6 months and love it. I work with very skilled and professional people on my particular team. The company is going through a kind of re-birth and putting a lot of investment into future technologies, both as product offerings and capital investment. I feel as though I am helping lead the company into the future and feel appreciated for my talent. It's a great place to work!
Pros
friendly work environment, some have the ability to work remotely.
Well rounded Executive looking for a new challenge!
President/CEO (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NV14 August 2012
I have well rounded skills brought by hands on street smart education. I have been in more places and have seen more than most people do in a lifetime, such as Oil Refining and Production, nuclear plants, food processing plants, wineries, offshore oil platforms, mining, and Government facilities like Hanford Nuclear in Washington to name a few.

Looking to apply these skills to the right Company looking for leadership and strong growth path.
agency based contraccts, friendly staff
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Livingston, SCT25 June 2013
a day would involve working for one of the contracted companies carrying their loads for delivery or trunking.

hours could vary from early to nights over the course of a week which can be an inconvenience.

the best and worst bit of the job could be the hours spent on my own
between drops and meeting different people daily.
Pros
flexibility of shifts
Cons
early starts eg, 00.00-0500