Fantastic job opportunity in the beautiful Okanagan! Live amongst the vineyards, orchards and enjoy the fabulous weather and people in Naramata, BC.
At the Naramata Pub & Grill, our team is essential to bringing a great experience to our customers through our atmosphere, food, service and genuine hospitality. We believe when we work together, we can deliver a better experience to our customers. Hospitality is innate in every member of our team. We are looking for a Head Chef who can lead a kitchen staff to fulfill that vision.
The Head Chef is an integral contributor to the overall success of the Naramata Pub & Grill. This position will require a professional who wants to showcase their talents in a newly refreshed pub-style restaurant. We reside in a community which offers opportunities to build relationships with local growers to create dishes using local produce. As the Head Chef you will be responsible for maintaining quality control, inventory, ordering and scheduling of kitchen staff.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a menu consisting of new and creative menu items
- Developing relationships with local growers and suppliers to provide local food choices wherever possible.
- Maintaining up to date inventory controls.
- Training and directing kitchen personnel.
- Achieving the highest service standards and exceeding a high guest expectation daily.
- Executing excellence in food quality, preparation, cleanliness and the ongoing skills of your crew and management within the kitchen.
- Liaise with the General Manager to control costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation, minimizing waste.
- Create an engaging and energetic environment where all staff work as a team.
- A passion for food, people and the industry.
- 4 years progressive experience within the food industry.
- Self-starter, flexible, and able to work independently.
- Experience with projection and management of inventory, food cost, labour, variable costs, prep charts, etc.
- People development and motivation, technical culinary skills training, policy and procedure management, time management, problem solving/decision making
- Up-to-date certification of provincially approved sanitation/food handlers programs.
- Red Seal certification is considered a definite asset
- Proven ability to achieve short and long term business goals, organized and committed to continuous improvement
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter by April 15, 2014.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.