Nando's

Nando's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace and lots of delicious spicy food
Inventory Manager and Head Griller (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 25, 2013
I was responsibilities for the quality, consistency and presentation of the store. Inventory was also an important part of the job as i was responsible to manage it.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), londonSeptember 9, 2014
Cons: long hours
was a nice friendly place to work. everyone is so helpful its a good team place to be. the hardest part of my job was getting orders out in time and in order.
amazing
Cashier and staff rep (Former Employee), Liverpool, ENGAugust 11, 2014
great place to work when you are young, ambitious and friendly. great managment, co workers and food:)
Amazing Workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee), London, ENGAugust 5, 2014
Nando's is a fantastic company to work for as it provides a great opportunity to grow within the company. Nando's approach toward its employees is rather open and fun which leads to a relaxed atmosphere on the work floor and reduced staff turnover.
FUN WITH WORK PLACE
crew member (Current Employee), Auckland, NJuly 21, 2014
yahh , its good to work over here but i have not got enough hours so i left this job up
nandos liverpool st
waiter and cashier (Former Employee), London, ENGJuly 15, 2014
good place to work and good people , clean place.
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
good job to start with
First Assistant Manager Nando's (Current Employee), kentJune 27, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: very low pay
It was a good job to start with however not ambitious enough.
lively and comfortable place of work
Griller (Current Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGJune 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches, lovely people, easy to get there and back
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people who you work with. Lovely, like minded, similar aged people who make the job less stressful. Good friends are made there. The hardest part is the long hour however it is necessary to keep the high standards that Nando's aim, and do, keep.
great organisation
Supervisor / trainer (Former Employee), hull/ portsmouth gunwarfMay 30, 2014
Pros: free
Cons: long hours
i have enjoyed working and being part of the team and family, and i have learned a lot, with my appreciation.
Fun workplace
Cashier/ Customer Service/ Food Preparation (Current Employee), sloughApril 29, 2014
Very helpful on a professional and personal level. great people to work with and to gain experience from
very busy working place
night recovery (Former Employee), melbourn vicMarch 25, 2014
gained lots of experince and was able to achieve what needed to be done, things gained was confidents, good managment skills etc.
rubbish enviroment
Griller (Former Employee), Broadstairs, ENGMarch 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: the management
on a typical day we would all get spoken to like slaves.
I learned not a lot from there as it is all basic home common sense.
the management was appalling!
my co workers were very helpful and polite
the hardest part of the job was working from 5am to 2am nearly 5 nights each week.
the most enjoyable part of the job was leaving to go home.
Life changing
Cashier (Current Employee), Thurrock, ENGMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free nando's, new social life
Cons: long hours, very late nights
When I started working at Nando's I was a shy and introverted 18 year old just out of college. They were the first company to offer me an interview and eventually my first full time job.
Since then I have gained so much confidence. I can talk to anyone about anything, I made a whole new group of friends and the whole team I work with on a daily basis – more... are like family now.
My management team so are supportive whether it be work related or personal problems, they help solve them. They are organised and persistent in getting high regional scores which results in the team winning a day out.
Nando's Lakeside is the busiest store in the region (Essex) and can become stressful and this is the hardest part of the job because you may have to deal with 5 different tasks at once but there's always enough staff to help you out if it gets too much. I personally enjoy running around like maniac as it keeps me busy and has taught me to become organised. – less
productive fun environment
Front Griller (Current Employee), WembleyFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: burns from the grills
my day a nando's would start at 5 pm and thats where the fun starts,
I have learnt how to baste the chickens and how to cook and grill too.
all of the management staff are very supportive and we all have a good laugh, not only the managements staff but also with the other staff too.
the hardest part of the job is cleaning the grills at the end as they – more... are really hot and full of fat but the most enjoyable part of this job is working with people and that's different people, not just the members for the Nando's team but the customers too. – less
Nando's chickenland
Cashier/ Store Representative (Current Employee), London, ENGFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches, 20% discount for staff
Cons: double shifts including night shift cover and then early start.
It's a nice place to work with, socialise and meet different people. I feel it's an initial stage wherein one seeks for an experience to advance further in hospitality career. My aim is to be a part of a customer service industry and not hospitality.

I gained the experience of a customer service skills, which will help me in my career.
Productive and very busy workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Benoni, GPJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: normal hours
Working at nando's was very great and i enjoyed doing my job. It has taught me a lot about customer service and marketing. The only problem i had was with my salary shortage wich was never took into consideration no matter how much a layed a complain about it.
productive and fun workplace
waitness / chasier (Current Employee), London, ENGJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch ( and dinner if you close )
Cons: longh hours
that would be a really good place for start to work in London , because the most of the people who work there are not English , so you could have the opportunity to improve your English skills . the menages are severe and want the best from you every day , so you must learn fast . the work in general is really hard because is a really busy place so – more... you have to be really reactive every minutes of your shift , the hardest part is surely the closing ,because you would finish really late and would be a problem return home . But there are too many enjoyable moment , for example the staff meeting . – less
Fine, except...
Waiter and Cook (Former Employee), Courtenay Place, WellingtonJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: really good food
Cons: constant abuse and offensive language
Nando's - Courtenay Pl, Wellington

One can cook food, serve it to customers, take orders and clean tables. Each person does every job, no specialising, which is fine. Very good work. Enjoyable dealing with customers, easy cooking, good food.

The reason why I rated this job so badly was because of the lack of respect every staff member received from – more... the owner of the restaurant. This restaurant had a very high turnover of staff, who were constantly quitting because of the disrespect and abuse they had to suffer, myself being one of many. Customers also were turned away.

However, that was only because of a few individuals. The actual job itself was fine. Perhaps it is better now, I heard it has different ownership in recent years. – less
Working hard in a fun environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Stoke NewingtonDecember 10, 2013
Working for Nando's it's always fun, every day is different, and the team is the key for the success of the day.
firendly and nice workplace
cashier (Former Employee), Greenwich, ENGDecember 4, 2013
Pros: free meals
Cons: not enough staff
For me this workplace was really safety and humanity but hard aswell, particularly on the busy time.
I'm learned a lot about customer service, and that how is working a restaurant in uk. My language is better now, because I communicate a lot with the customers and with the staffs.

1 2 3

About Nando's

Founded in 1994, the Nando Times is the Internet's premier real-time news Web site. – More from ZoomInfo »