Nando's Employee Reviews

Ganged up or fixed
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON3 January 2017
A good cooperation provided full paid training. Good manu selections with unforgettable good food experience and accompanied with excellent service. However equipments and set up were out dated that affect productions and services. New restaurant managers and supervisors were unorganized and were easily misleaded. Schedules were unfair and based on favouritism. Full timers were scheduled to work around part timers conveniences. Some new managers and supervisors mostly not quaified for the positions and got hired, either they have to work with eyes closed and ganged up or got fixed. Most coworkers were helpful with exception of some old timers.
Pros
Half price food
Cons
Bad work schedule
productive and fun workplace
Coordinator / Back of the house/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 December 2016
A shift sometimes be really busy. Learned more about working in a team. Had an excellent team of co workers to work with. The most enjoyable part was the fun we used to have during each of our shifts.
Pros
50 % on food during shift or off shifts
Cons
not proper scheduling
Fun place to work
BOH and FOH (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 November 2016
Fun place to work, however pay for work expected is low. Expect around minimum wage to start even if you work full time.
Management is good, however they are not afraid to show favoritism and have rookies jump ahead of experienced workers because they are friends with management.
50% discount on food while on shift
Fellow workers are generally good and fun, however overall time management within the restaurant structure is an issue.
Good place to work for parttime highschool students.
review
cook (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 October 2016
great working condition, i learned alot working there learning all different ways how to cook chicken. To be completey honest the most enjoyable part of the job was coming home.
ok job
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 August 2016
job is fun and face pace, management is okay, great job for teens looking for new job. Learn a lot about how to deal with customers. Hardest part is dealing with difficult customers
Diverse workplace, terrible hours.
Local Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 August 2016
I love working at Nando's, even if it's for a few hours a week.

Nando's is a great place to work if it's a side job. The hours suck, but the environment is great. My entire team gets no more than 10 hours a week..

Company advancement is great there's always room to move up in the company. Managers actually care about their employees and their potential.
Pros
Amazing family environment
Cons
Very few hours
Fun upbeat place to work
Hostess, Runner and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 July 2016
- Greeting and dealing with customers at the door or cash.
- established since 1987
- understanding and flexible.
- hardest delaing with customer complaints
- enjoy working cash
Pros
discounts
Cons
never know your shift end time until they tell you to go home
Horrible Management and scheduling. No work ethic from the employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2016
Hiring process was horrible. Anyone who wanted to get hired, was. Within 2 months of hiring, Id say about, 15 people had been fired. I wonder why...
I worked at two locations. One was over staffed, and the other had very little reliable staff, or not enough part timers to take left over shifts.
Good work, Great coworkers, Horrible management.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 June 2016
The work itself wasn't bad, typical kitchen work, only stressful during the lunch/dinner rushes.The coworkers were really great, and there was a real sense of community there. The managers, however, were, with one sole exception, completely awful. Two-faced, aggressive, condescending, panicking and scheming, to say the least. The shift manager in particular was an awfully poor choice for her job, as she gets mad at anybody who dares request any alteration to their shifts.
Pros
Great coworkers, 50% staff meal, fairly easy work.
Cons
Horrid management.
Fun work environment with a friendly team.
Backgriller (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 June 2016
Nando's was really fun to work at. I learned a lot in the kitchen and also learned to become more comfortable in the front of house ( talking to customers and what not) .
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Very disorganized management
Fun, Energetic, and lively built team!
Cashier/Expo (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 May 2016
Work is supposed to be hard and often strategic, but working for Nando's is the complete opposite; it's built off of family and basic trust.

Co-workers is the reason why I love working there. Everyone is like a huge support team. we all help each other in some way to get the job done faster.
Pros
50% off.
Cons
Not enough hours
typical work day at Nando's
Server and cashier, Nando's (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 April 2016
i mostly work evening closing shifts and by the time my shift starts the dinner rush has already started. i'm usually in charge of cleaning, handing out food and drinks and doing quality checks on all tables. however, if i work opening shifts i'm in charge of being on cash. the hardest part about the job is management, the owner of the franchise hires a lot of his family members to work for him and there's a lot of favoritism and inequality in the workplace. a lot of the employees who work there were never given proper training so when they make a mistake the manager yells at us for not using common sense but we were never given the suitable training. a lot of cooks also don't follow health and safety rules in the kitchen. other than that, there are other parts of this job that are enjoyable such as the co-workers and since the restaurant is fairly small, it is easier to get to each table's needs.
Pros
co-workers are friendly and fun
Cons
bad management, expensive food with little discounts for employees, no benefits, no opportunities to move up, not given proper training, bad work environment
Regular Waitressing
Waitress and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 April 2016
Management was strict and harsh on employees sometimes and made comments about personal life too much. Co workers were extremely caring and compassionate so it felt like a family. 5-7 hour shifts depending on availability and a lot of servicing on weekends and Ramadan.
Cons
no free lunch
a hard working, learning experience.
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 April 2016
shift: 5:00-close (10:30)

Started off with greeting customers, taking their order, then serving them their drinks and foods when it was ready. All throughout their meals we would check and see if they needed anything or had any concerns, after they were done with their food, cleared and washed the tables. For the closing shift, cleaned up and restocked the fridge.

I learned how to be on my feet because this was a very fast-paced job. The co-workers were great, if I needed help, they were willing to help with anything I needed.

The hardest part of the job was how on your feet you had to be, very tiring and not much of a break. At the time I feel like I have a lot of energy but after work, I realized how much it really was.

The most enjoyable part was greeting the customers and making sure their experience was a positive one.
Pros
Free dinner, and good work space.
Cons
Tiring and not very lenient on needing time off
Fun workplace to be with
Line Cook/Griller (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 April 2016
Nando's is a very busy casa, the work is tiring yet a fulfilling experience, the workers are very friendly and very fun to work with. The management makes sure that the employees are well taken cared off, by providing free lunch if it is really a busy day, and when the mystery shoppers gives high grades. The hardest part of the job is that there is no permanent schedule, and they remove the paid lunch break. I enjoyed the company of my co workers who are now my friends even outside the workplace.
Fun workplace
Cashier / Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 March 2016
Nando's is a Portuguese restaurant I started working there in June and now all the co-workers are like familly. We get along very well and our manager takes good care of us.
Typical day would be greating the customers and making sure they get there food within 15min or less of ordering, making sure we give good service and that everything is in place.
The hardest part of working at Nando's is when it gets very busy around super time and their is a wait on chicken.

Nando's is a friendly family restaurant with great management and great co-workers.
Growing Restaurant franchise which provides casual but fast dining options.
Chef (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2016
Nando's is a growing company, that continues to expand through Canada. There are multiple exciting opportunities open for an employee of Nando's. eg. The Grillers Competition
good people good enviroment
Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC26 February 2016
the people that i work with are really great to be around the manager is really awesome and amazing there flexible and understanding to any questions and concerns
Restaurant
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 January 2016
i learned a lot about the responsibility of working and dealing with customers. It was a friendly environment, great experience, and a wonderful way to build skills.
fun
Back of House (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2016
this job was fun while it lasted .. I honestly got used for 6 whole months even the morning my boss made up things she even used me on that day then said good bye
Pros
dicount on lunches
Cons
they use you until they dont need you no more