Nando's Employee Reviews

good place to work at
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC6 November 2017
My first job in Canada, i learned about multi-culture
One can learn management skills, leadership skills
really good workplace
the hardest part is a lot of cleaning
Pros
50% to employees
Cons
cleaning
So fun and great team.
Restaurant Team Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 November 2017
Very awesome job loved it. I would have loved to stay with them but where I moved there isn't a Nando's in the location. Managers were well great and understanding.
Pros
Amazing Co workers
Cons
Not enough hours sometimes
Good at first then management changed.
Cashier / FOH / BOH (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 October 2017
Working at Nandos was both good and bad. When I first started it was great, was a new location so the staff were all nice and management. Then management changed and it all went downhill from there, this location isn't doing well the new management is rude didn't look after staff, it was one rule for one and another for others. Employees new more than management so we was practically running the whole restaurant. Overall not a good restaurant to work at.
Pros
Not many
Cons
The list is endless.
Worst restaurant ive ever worked at
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Bovaird and hurontario in brampton10 October 2017
The management is absolutely rude and inconsiderate. The manager in charge hires all of his own family members and allows underaged girls to serve alcohol without their smart serve. Your lucky if you get one day of training. The job itself wouldnt be so bad if they werent so terribly understaffed or scheduled more staff to work busy nights. Nobody in the kitchen speaks a word of english which makes it beyond difficult to communicate with them. Also if you make a mistake, be prepared for the management to get upset and begin speaking in their language amongst eachother which is just disrespectful. On top of it all, ranvir who is the manager, sits in the office and locks the door and just drinks, so hopefully you dont need him, or if your shift is over be prepared to be there for an extra hour every single time. If i could give this place zero stars i would, absoultely the worst place ive ever worked.
Pros
Cons
Dealing with management and kitchen staff
Family envirmoent
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2017
Always a warm welcome with the guests and the workers. The food was always good and they offer great opportunities such as -scholarships and grill competitions and buddy training and so much more.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
Not enough hours
Fast paced friendly family environment
Server, Hostess, Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 September 2017
A typical day at work was amazing! Fast paced environment cause for multi tasking and i was the person for the job. I did everything in that restaurant except manage. Hostess, cashier, food prep and of course keeping everything neat and tidy. It was constantly packed due to the location and i loved the lively energy. Management was ok. The hardest part of my job was not being able to do everything at once and the most enjoyable as meeting new people and making new friends.
Pros
Full-time hours, tips, free food
Cons
Not enough staff, staff calling in sick daily
Never a dull moment
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 September 2017
Something new is going on everyday in this environment. Being downtown Vancouver you never know who will walk in through the door. Made going to work fun and enjoyable. The co-workers that I worked with made it enjoyable.
Du Peri Peri au Canada
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto30 August 2017
Une entreprise familiale qui m'a donnée la possibilité de prendre des responsabilités. Un restaurant avec beaucoup de clients et une très bonne ambiance dans l'équipe.
Pros
L'equipe
Cons
La rigueur
Really fun workplace
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 August 2017
Great people and food, fun environment but lacks organization and communication with management. Very often things that need to be fixed are never tended to.
Pros
75% off staff meals
Cons
Mandatory half an hour breaks
Fast paced enviroment
Front runner (Former Employee) –  pape and danforth23 July 2017
It was a good fast paced job, i learned a lot here and i enjoyed my experience, the management was good and on top of there game. I had a good time here
Pros
cheap lunches, nice co-workers
Cons
fast pace
great to work, family and life balance
General Manager at the Gateway Blvd (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2017
Nandos has been a great experience for me, they have a great culture. they have since day 1 always considered my family situation and been willing to work around it,
very discouraging place to work at but great to start at
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 June 2017
terrible customers, with terrible management who don't pay you enough, you make $11 to clean tables and serve people who don't tip you whatsoever but there is a lot of work required all while your boss yells at you
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Exposure to Canadian work culture
Customer Service Representative & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 May 2017
It's been a learning experience for me. I got a chance to learn different aspects involved in the administrative management of the restaurant. We work as a team to provide the best services to the clients.
Pros
Team work is great
Cons
Not much growth within the company
Not the best
Preparation Chef (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 May 2017
Management has been improved on since I worked there. Glad those days are behind me. Working with others is fun as it isn't too strict. Decent music plays, not in English though.
Pros
75% off meals when working, Fun environment
Cons
disoriented shifts
morning duties
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2017
setting up the kitchen line everyday and also set up for success for the next shift to run smoothly.
able to handle with a minimum supervision on a busy day and/or down time.
Fun workplace
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2017
Everyday at work, there were always smiles going around. Even though it was a day with chaos, there would always be smiles going around and coworkers encouraging us to do well. I learned a lot about teamwork in Nando's. There are days where everything is going downhill. Especially when the day is very hectic. When there are a lot of customers, that is one of the hardest parts of the job. Sometimes coworkers get angry because of being stressed out and sometimes orders get wrong. But in the end of the day, everyone always smile. And at work or even outside of work, we find time for each other. That is the most enjoyable part of the job. spenind time with people you got trained with, and just having fun at work.
Every Location is different
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON16 April 2017
Great place to work when managed well, every locations different though. The company is growing so quick you can get promotions easily. Some growing pains will happen, staff turn overs and such.
Pros
Fast promotions, decent pay
Cons
Long hours, poor work/life balance
fun place to work, good people
Cashier and Server (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 March 2017
staff and management super friendly
very flexible with hours and availability
get your first uniform free, pay for any extras
always recognized for any good work and rewarded for it
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 February 2017
Nice place to work and learned about Canadian work culture. The working condition is nice, I want more challenging atmosphere.
fun place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 February 2017
i had to do estimates of damaged cars.I learned a lot about cars and trucks. Management was good.Fun place to work.The hardest part sometimes to look for the right parts.Customers were easy to talk to.
Pros
sometimes the owner brings food
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.