Nando's Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Fun workplace
Cashier / Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 30, 2016
Nando's is a Portuguese restaurant I started working there in June and now all the co-workers are like familly. We get along very well and our manager takes good care of us.
Typical day would be greating the customers and making sure they get there food within 15min or less of ordering, making sure we give good service and that everything is in place.
The hardest part of working at Nando's is when it gets very busy around super time and their is a wait on chicken.

Nando's is a friendly family restaurant with great management and great co-workers.
a hard working, learning experience.
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 3, 2016
shift: 5:00-close (10:30)

Started off with greeting customers, taking their order, then serving them their drinks and foods when it was ready. All throughout their meals we would check and see if they needed anything or had any concerns, after they were done with their food, cleared and washed the tables. For the closing shift, cleaned up and restocked the fridge.

I learned how to be on my feet because this was a very fast-paced job. The co-workers were great, if I needed help, they were willing to help with anything I needed.

The hardest part of the job was how on your feet you had to be, very tiring and not much of a break. At the time I feel like I have a lot of energy but after work, I realized how much it really was.

The most enjoyable part was greeting the customers and making sure their experience was a positive one.
Pros
Free dinner, and good work space.
Cons
Tiring and not very lenient on needing time off
Fun work environment with a friendly team.
Backgriller (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 2, 2016
Nando's was really fun to work at. I learned a lot in the kitchen and also learned to become more comfortable in the front of house ( talking to customers and what not) .
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Very disorganized management
Griller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2014
Cultural, fun, creative, spacious, great environment.
New Portuguese/ South African restaurant offers a unique style of dining experience. Customers and co-workers are very friendly and easy to work with. Opportunity to learn a lot by multitasking and trying different tasks on the job. Once everyone work together the job was never hard.
Pros
getting close to co-workers and learning about different nationalities.
Cons
hours and shifts
Fun workplace and lots of delicious spicy food
Inventory Manager and Head Griller (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 25, 2013
I was responsibilities for the quality, consistency and presentation of the store. Inventory was also an important part of the job as i was responsible to manage it.