Nanaimo Association for Community Living (NACL) is currently hiring a temporary part-time* Employment Counselor for the NACLWorks! Employment Services Program, responsible for career placement and support activities for people with developmental disabilities in accordance with the philosophies, policies, and procedures of NACL and relevant Legislation and Regulations. The successful applicant must have a proven successful track record and leadership skills, working with a diverse team promoting choice, independence, and integration for the individuals being served.
*From August 2013 until approximately February 2014, with the possibility of extension should funding permit.
- Diploma in a related Human/Social Service field and relevant sales/marketing/business training and/or equivalent.
- MUST have training and experience in career planning and placement.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to network and build positive relationships with businesses, employers and various other community partners.
- Training and experience in supporting people with developmental disabilities in a community or vocational setting.
- Experience in supporting people using the principles of customized and supportive employment.
- Incumbent is responsible for ongoing conditions of employment as deemed necessary for job requirements (i.e. first aid, driver’s license, Criminal Record Check).
- Incumbent must have access to vehicle; travel and/or occasional transport of clients required.
For more information or to obtain an application form, please visit our website at www.nanaimoacl.com. Forward resumes and all relevant supporting documentation to:
Barb Barry, Employment Initiatives Coordinator
Nanaimo Association for Community Living
Suite 201 – 96 Cavan Street
Nanaimo, BC V9R 2V1
Fax: (250) 741-0227
Deadline for application is on Friday, August 9, 2013 at 12:00 noon.