Nalco

Nalco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Casual and Friendly Work Environment
Assistant to Project Manager, Co-op Student (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMay 11, 2012
Pros: friendly staff, clean facilities, decent office space.
Cons: not a permanent position.
Although I was only there a short time, I found my co-op experience at Nalco to be a positive one. I had the opportunity to work with important material and felt that I really helped the Project Manager to get ahead in his work.
good place to work
APPLICATION ENGINEER (Former Employee), naperville,ilAugust 29, 2014
Pros: make up your schedule
Cons: call outs
good place to rapidily adavance, meet new and exciting people
it was a good place to work for until all the change two years ago.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Naperville, ILAugust 26, 2014
a typical day was to wait on the deliverys trucks to come in everyday. :I learned a lot on the computer field and the delivery field. :I worked with a lot of co-workers over the years and enjoyed working with all of them. :I just like the cliets I pick-up when I was doing the limo -driving.
Poor Management
Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 25, 2014
Poor Management
No clear cut or defined job responsibilities
Lack of proper Training
See Below
Applications Engineer (Former Employee), Athens, AL and surrounding areas.June 6, 2014
Water Treatment, Used Maintenance Quality and Background, and new installations for new customers.

Satisfaction of a job well-done.

A hard-working individual, looking for a full-time position to use the knowledge and qualifications, that I have achieved by my education and on-the-job training.
High paced work environment
Administrative Assistant/ Business Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 12, 2014
Pros: met all types of customers from around the world.
Cons: worked 70 to 80 hours a week.
I worked for the president of the north America division of Nalco. My job was very busy, day full of a variety of work to include optaining visas around the world to booking conference calls, and lunch meetings. To taking care of office issues such as repairs and construction.
Productive work enviorment, with intresting products assignments
Water Treatment Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2014
Pros: easy transport to and from home
Cons: healthcare/benfits
Prepare water treatment cassettes for assembly, measure and weigh resins to be filled into enblock stages for proper filtrations and testing. The ability to help preserve life and work in a team environment helped with learning more about the company's goals and staff, which makes the atmosphere more pleasant for growth...
Needs better retirement
Loader/Unloader Operator (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXMarch 21, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: benefits
Nalco is a challenging place to work,
There are too many chiefs and not enough indians so the safety is not what it should be.
Great product
Executive Account Manager (Former Employee), LagosFebruary 27, 2014
Small company. Growth pains. Good customer service. Very creative in product development and niche offerings.
my opinion
Kelly Temp Service (Former Employee), Richardson TexasFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: i felt scared to want to be there.
Cons: i had a job.
Lacked effective, positive management skills. I really didn't stay long with them and because of the management skills it was hard to feel secure and self worth.
Office work, good working environment, dynamic group work
Reception (Former Employee), Caracas, VenezuelaJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: dynamic work, good schedule
Cons: multiple tasks designated (manageable)
*My responsibilities were:

My main responsibility was the guest services, management of the telephone exchange and preparation of correspondence. Among my secondary responsibilities the reception of invoices register them and load them into the system for processing by finance department and then be paid. Support for managers and sales department in – more... the request for tickets and accommodation deals. And any administrative support in any other department.

*Appendectomy to work with the finance department to management and billing work , the importance of details when verify and process a bill, and particularly with respect to taxes.

*The most complex part of the work was to find the time to distribute the accomplishment of multiple tasks designated to meet each and every one of them correctly and within the set time.

*what I liked most was the variety of work and I could not be routine, every day could be a challenge as each day would have different requests – less
Productive and Fun Workplace
GSS Production Team/ Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Fresno, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Nalc-Champion has given me one the best opprtunities I have every come accross in my adult life. Great place to work, wonderful people, innovative ideas and as well encourgement and many opportunites to learn new things. Although I am a contract worker, I truly enjoy working for this company.
Productive and fun work place
Maintenance / Material Handler (Former Employee), South Gate, CASeptember 18, 2013
Would come in early morning and start doing waste treatment.
I learned how to use many valves and how to be very careful with hazardous material. Got along with all my co-workers and the company is under good managment. I loved everything about this job and if i could find another job doing the same thing i would be so happy.
geat place to work
Nalco Fellow (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXAugust 28, 2013
creative work environment
working with knowledgeable co-workers
Manufacturing, Sugar Land, Tx
Lab analyst (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TxJuly 24, 2013
Pros: pay decent
Cons: benefits aren't great
A close knit group of many relatives working on production side. It is difficult to advance due to management not being fair to all employees. The hardest part of working here is putting up with things that are obviously wrong. This place has the worst mangers ever on the manufacturing side.
very good group
Account Sales Manager (Former Employee), StPaul,MNJuly 15, 2013
Nalco is a very sales oriented company that does a good job of training you on sales
Wasn't much fun to work for the company.
District Account Manager (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJune 26, 2013
Pros: zero
Cons: paperwork requirements were incredibly time consuming.
Opportunities for advancement limited. Many benefits such as company vehicles, medical/dental, retirement, etc... were reduced or eliminated. I was transferred to another division which I didn't want to be a part of. Employees didn't have any choice but to accept transfers or reassignments or take early retirement option if qualified.
Over all ok., Not the greatest but survivable.
Chemical Delivery Specialist (Current Employee), Karnes City, TXJune 14, 2013
Pros: decent compensation.
Cons: no possibility for advancement.
i deliver chemical to oil and gas wells. I do see that there is a lot of room for advancement within this company if hired as a driver.
Although I have been compensated well with this company, I am ready to leave to find somewhere where advancement is a possibility for me.
I would have preferred to have more time off to pursue personal interests. It – more... often felt as though my life revolved around work.
Management is often disorganized and punitive toward the drivers when the drivers cannot make improvements due to time constraints. – less
Global leader in Water Treatment
Senior Market Manager Asia Pacific; PMI (Former Employee), SydneyMay 25, 2013
Pros: loved my work and learning industry technology and drivers
Cons: too much travellling os.
Enjoyed growth in marketing from domestic into international roles.Gained wide industry experience from Nuclear Power,Pulp & Paper, Oil Refining,Petrochemical to Food Processing but finally settled into an Asia Pacific Marketing role targeting Primary Metals in which I achieved and learned much about B2B,Strategic Marketing,Different Cultures and Creating – more... Delivered Value.I just loved working with and in the Iron and Steel Industry learning their processes and their profit drivers.Had some great coworkers but the hardest part was travelling and work/family balance.
Management chopped and changed.Ownership chopped and changed and company culture changed in my view not for the better. – less
customer is very cooperative and give you the requirements very clearly.
EH&S Consultant (Former Employee), NEW YORKMarch 19, 2013
customer is very cooperative and give you the requirements very clearly.

1 2 3

About Nalco

Ecolab cleans up by cleaning up. The company offers cleaning, sanitation, pest-elimination, and maintenance products and services – Read more

Nalco Photos