NALCO CHAMPION

NALCO CHAMPION Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not good
Operational Specialist (Current Employee), Centerville, TXJuly 20, 2015
good company horrible management not a management strong company secure job but bad management I would work there is the management was better
No Follow through, What a joke!
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Oklahoma and OhioJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Pay Check
Cons: Management, Insurance, Life/Work Balance, Everything else
I gave them 3 years and 110% dedication for nothing! Any and all deals NEED TO BE IN WRITING, the management is horrible and childish. If you do not fit in the group that they create good luck. Also if you are not related to someone of importance in the company do not ever plan on getting promoted regardless of seniority or ability. There is absolutely no support and if you require your management to actually support you or help in any issues you had better plan on getting written up or fired.
Productive place to work
Associate IT Operations Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 13, 2015
Great place to intern, great place for contractors, professional environment. Coworkers and supervisors easy to interact with and very helpful.
Able to work with passion,
Production Operator (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TXJune 19, 2015
Pros: The People
Cons: Like i said its hard, but only if your lazy
Love to people and work. Only gets Hard if your lazy.
But the best part of working at Nalco is the passion people have to help each other
Great Place to Work
RD&E Chemist, Flow Assurance (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXJune 16, 2015
They take innovation and safety seriously.
The management is supportive of your personal growth and goals.
The personnel is extremely friendly and helpful.
Good company
Chemical Sales (Current Employee), Kilgore, TXMay 31, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: None
Good Company. They have good benefits. They provide help when needed. Good Management. A company vehicle is provided to work in. The hrs are not extensive.
Teamwork and Result-Oriented place!
HR Assistant (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXMay 8, 2015
Everyone works together and is extremely helpful with any task to get the job done! Definitely a positive experience and a great please to build a network.
Safety focus with a good work balance
Operational Excellence Manager Europe & Caspian (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SCTMay 4, 2015
Good company with a focus on safety. Recent acquisition affected both companies policies and benefits. Good work/life balance. Going through merger was a new experience for me.
Good Company to work for
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: Flex Fridays
Cons: Benefits
NalcoChampion is a good company to work for. It is possible to move around in the company. There are great people at the company but they lost a lot of good talent after Ecolab acquired Champion Technologies.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Research and Development Lab Technician IV (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXMarch 26, 2015
I run testing on a number of samples using autoclaves, which are high temperature, high pressure tests. In addition to running sweet tests I also run sour testing as well (H2S addition). I also run a number of other testing including wet chemistry. I run viscosity, flash point, pour point, specific gravity, Karl Fisher, and other testing. The coworkers are typically easy to get along with and they make working more enjoyable. The only thing that I don't like is the number of meeting that you have to attend.
Productive learning new systems
A operator (Former Employee), Corsicana txMarch 20, 2015
Productive workplace learning new custom blends working with your co-workers.planning your work.a good place to learn workmanship.
they have poor managment
General Helper (Former Employee), houston txMarch 9, 2015
they have poor managment and they are alot of upgrades they need to do. the managers like to walk around and talk to you any kind of way.
Good work-life balance, high safety standards, issues with integrity
District Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Safety is paramount
Friendly culture
Good work/life balance
satisfying compensation
although honesty/integrity is not a priority
Great upper management
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Sugarland, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: long hours
While working at this job I learned many new things and had a great experience. A typical day at work was very long, normally 15-20 hour days. The upper management was great and tried to help us out with hiring more people. The hardest part of this job was working the vey long days with little sleep. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with a great group of guys.
Very production minded organization, like most others, reducing benifits and hiring less skill emplyees.
TPM Specialist (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: well established co.
Cons: insurance, is weak at best, and slowly killing our benefits.
Extremely variable, I attack problems, for a living, from repairing and cleaning Vessels and equipement, To streamling, and making operators, more efficient, and productive. I do this by helping them minimize down time, set up time, and clean up. I have a very good, relationship with my coworkers,

The Hardest Part of my job is trying to change old habits and cultures that no longer, benefit the process, or grow business,

The most enjoyable part of my job is watching people start to understand that culture change is not always a bad thing, but can help them do a better job, without as many headaches.
Family oriented, fun, innovative place to work. Opportunities to cross train and expand knowledge on specialty oil and gas chemicals is unlimited.
Sales Administration (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
In my position I worked closely with the field sales employees for a particular account held by Nalco Champion. A typical day would be me resolving employee issues from payroll to IT. I was also heavily involved in recruiting and on-boarding new talent.

I held several positions within the company from 2007 - 2014. I can say that the experience I gained while working there is invaluable.
Not as fast paced as I am used too.
SH&E Administrative Asst. II (Current Employee), Fresno TexasNovember 28, 2014
Pros: flex days
Cons: no annual bonus
I am busy 90 percent of the day due to previous admin trying to catch up on over a years worth of manifest with the TCEQ.
NalcoChampion is a good company to work for.
District Sales Representative lll (Current Employee), Decatur, TXNovember 28, 2014
On a day to day basis you inventory tanks, work on pumps, and sometimes set new tanks, sometimes pull water samples. Help customers troubleshoot down-hole problems. The Management is helpful in training. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Troubleshoot down-hole problems can be the hardest part of job, but when problem gets identified the satisfaction makes it enjoyable.
Fast paced with a lot of job turnover
District Administrator II (Current Employee), Hughesville, PANovember 9, 2014
Pros: very little micromanagement
Cons: very little training or time to breathe
My day flies by - from start to finish I am constantly processing sales orders for chemical supplied to the fracking industry or some part of the accounting cycle.
Great place to work. Great support system.
District Representative (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: strong support system.
Cons: work/personal life balance
Hard work/personal life balance. Long hours. However, management notices your accomplishments and work to help you succeed. Great to have a large company back your personal work on a daily basis.