NALCO CHAMPION Employee Reviews

Good and bad
Customer service associate (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 4, 2016
This job was good and bad. The pay was great with great benefits, but there was no growth in my current position. It is a great company to work for, but in the customer service side people forget you exist.
Benefits
Cons
Merit & pay freezes
Very strong products.
Account Manager III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2016
Many good and bad. Company was originally Champion Technologies. The company went down hill after Nalco bought Champion. Good management left company.
Pros
ccompensation
Cons
very weak management
Great work atmosphere and great pay.
Frac Technician (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDMarch 30, 2016
High paying, high demand job. Typical day went from 4 am to 8 pm or 4 pm to 8 am, this includes a typical 2 hr drive to location. If working a shop day it went from 7 am to 5 pm. Some of the things I learned here are, but not limited to, how to handle chemicals safely, operating forklifts, diagnosing pump issues on site, and customer relations. The management was great there, very easy to work with and understanding of scheduling issues. Here all my co-workers were easy to get along with and helpful. Hardest part of the job was working long hour days for many consecutive days. What I enjoyed most working here was the amount of responsibility given to the employees.
Great Company - Tough Time
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2016
This is a great company to work for. Everyone is highly engaged in succeeding and though the company is transitioning still after being purchased by Ecolab and the merging of Nalco & Champion, the culture is truly building into an environment where people want to care about each other's development. Management is trying to promote this culture, and hopefully it succeeds.

Management has hard expectations from corporate, which leads to a high stress environment, but I cannot think of any large publicly owned corporation that doesn't have this.
Pros
Good management, salary, innovative company, great CEO
Cons
Stressful environment at times, Some long hours
Difficult path for advancment
District Representative (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 16, 2016
Has provided for me and my family but has been a roller coaster. Difficult politics that dictate advancement. Company is losing relevance in market despite having strongest product line. Very little perceived corporate support towards domestic business unit.
Gave me an opportunity to enter a new work field
Production Technician III (Current Employee) –  Fresno, TXJanuary 7, 2016
Nalco Champion is a good company to work for. They have given me the opportunity to enter a new field of work. Coming from a sales position at Coca-Cola to the chemical industry. The pay is lower than industry standards and I am looking to advance.
Pros
gained experience
Cons
pay and pregression scale
Great company to work for
District Representative II (Former Employee) –  Dilley, TXNovember 11, 2015
Although the oil industry is up and down, this company was great to work for. Unfortunately the oil industry is in a downturn causing many layoffs.
Pros
Great benefits and a happy culture
Cons
Part of the oil and gas industry which can be volatile
Good company with great people
Employee (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 26, 2015
Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company is a global provider of specialty chemistry programs and related services for the oil and gas industry.
Very demanding yet no micromanaging; team oriented
Shipping & Receiving Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2015
Very professional, with different ethnicity. No micro managing, co-workers are professional, we work well together. Work is demanding yet challenging.
Pros
No Micro management
Cons
Dificult to promote
Very poor.
Chemical Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aztec, NMOctober 20, 2015
I worked for Nalco as a Chemical Delivery Specialist, (Driver). The management was very poor. They actually referred to themselves as kings while referring to the drivers as the peasants at one point. I eventually left due to the lies of advancement. I was often set up to fail only to be written up for noncompliance. I moved for an advancement position only to be told that I was a driver and that I would not be considered for advancement beyond the truck for the foreseeable future. All of this while I held a college degree and the stream of interns from the local collage came in and took the non-driving jobs. I left with two weeks notice and a verification from HR that I was re-hire-able. This lasted for about two weeks until I heard that they were telling people I was not re-hire-able. If you are reading this because you are considering this company for employment, do yourself a favor and keep looking, unless you like driving a big truck. Aside from that, the paychecks were decent and I made some good friends.The peasants need to stick together I guess against the kings!
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else.
I learned about being a professional
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port HarcourtOctober 14, 2015
It was a great place to work and I had the opportunity to experience multiple job functions. I also like the fact that most promotion was from within
Pros
Opportunity to visit various locations
Cons
Non at this time
Great Company
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2015
Great company who really takes care of and supports their employees. Focus on coaching for fulfillment and performance. Employees treat each other like family and support each other.
Pros
Strive to meet employees career growth plans
Cons
Top Heavy
productive work place, great benefits and compnesation
District Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYSeptember 21, 2015
I enjoyed working for nalcochampion. Great team values and an awesome environment to work in. Management was always helpful.
North Dakota, In it for the money.
Driver - Chemical Delivery (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDSeptember 8, 2015
I will start with the Pros because its a short list. It has good pay, or did. I used to be Champion and that was a fantastic company. Then Nalco bought it. The quality of everything dropped drastically. Customers were lost also. Then EcoLab bought it and it became Nalco Champion. Things entered a death spiral from there.

All the money is made on over time. The OT is constantly under attack. They want a 70 hour week performed in 55. It just isn't possible.

Management is clueless for the most part. It was the drivers experience that kept my location afloat despite new managements attempts to "fix" everything.

Benefits... meh. They were good. Once.

Everything comes down to being the drivers fault. Period. End of story. Upper to lower management and HR all agree on this. Despite the lip service you are "indirectly" encouraged and allowed to run illegally to complete orders, dispose of hazardous and toxic waste and just get the job done. If you put your foot down you get labeled a bad attitude. If you go along with it you are a team player right up until management needs to cover their buns. Then you get thrown to the wolves.

I and many others could go on for hours about what goes on in North Dakota but you get the idea.

Bottom line is if you work for these people, do it for the money.Get as much as you can as fast as you can and get out. Go find something that makes you happy.

Oh I almost forgot to mention the cameras in every vehicle that record your every move, every sound and every statistic your vehicle produces. Enjoy your 12 hour day with a camera in your
  more... face for every second of it.

Avoid this company unless you just need some cash short term.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
poor
Construstion helper (Former Employee) –  Sugarland txAugust 21, 2015
they have poor management and poor communication skills the security is great but I would like to work for them again but a different area and position
Great company culture and management
International Logistics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2015
Working at Nalco was great! My boss was very caring and considerate. I began as a temp in 2013 and was hired permanently in 2014. My job was created for me, so I was a floater and received responsibilities from other co-workers desk. I left for something more permanent, where i could advance in my own responsibilities.
Not good
Operational Specialist (Current Employee) –  Centerville, TXJuly 20, 2015
good company horrible management not a management strong company secure job but bad management I would work there is the management was better
No Follow through, What a joke!
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma and OhioJuly 19, 2015
I gave them 3 years and 110% dedication for nothing! Any and all deals NEED TO BE IN WRITING, the management is horrible and childish. If you do not fit in the group that they create good luck. Also if you are not related to someone of importance in the company do not ever plan on getting promoted regardless of seniority or ability. There is absolutely no support and if you require your management to actually support you or help in any issues you had better plan on getting written up or fired.
Pros
Pay Check
Cons
Management, Insurance, Life/Work Balance, Everything else
Productive place to work
Associate IT Operations Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2015
Great place to intern, great place for contractors, professional environment. Coworkers and supervisors easy to interact with and very helpful.
Able to work with passion,
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJune 19, 2015
Love to people and work. Only gets Hard if your lazy.
But the best part of working at Nalco is the passion people have to help each other
Pros
The People
Cons
Like i said its hard, but only if your lazy