NALCO CHAMPION

NALCO CHAMPION Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Safety focus with a good work balance
Operational Excellence Manager Europe & Caspian (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SCTMay 4, 2015
Good company with a focus on safety. Recent acquisition affected both companies policies and benefits. Good work/life balance. Going through merger was a new experience for me.
Good Company to work for
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: Flex Fridays
Cons: Benefits
NalcoChampion is a good company to work for. It is possible to move around in the company. There are great people at the company but they lost a lot of good talent after Ecolab acquired Champion Technologies.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Research and Development Lab Technician IV (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXMarch 26, 2015
I run testing on a number of samples using autoclaves, which are high temperature, high pressure tests. In addition to running sweet tests I also run sour testing as well (H2S addition). I also run a number of other testing including wet chemistry. I run viscosity, flash point, pour point, specific gravity, Karl Fisher, and other testing. The coworkers are typically easy to get along with and they make working more enjoyable. The only thing that I don't like is the number of meeting that you have to attend.
Productive learning new systems
A operator (Former Employee), Corsicana txMarch 20, 2015
Productive workplace learning new custom blends working with your co-workers.planning your work.a good place to learn workmanship.
they have poor managment
General Helper (Former Employee), houston txMarch 9, 2015
they have poor managment and they are alot of upgrades they need to do. the managers like to walk around and talk to you any kind of way.
Good work-life balance, high safety standards, issues with integrity
District Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Safety is paramount
Friendly culture
Good work/life balance
satisfying compensation
although honesty/integrity is not a priority
Great upper management
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Sugarland, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: long hours
While working at this job I learned many new things and had a great experience. A typical day at work was very long, normally 15-20 hour days. The upper management was great and tried to help us out with hiring more people. The hardest part of this job was working the vey long days with little sleep. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with a great group of guys.
Very production minded organization, like most others, reducing benifits and hiring less skill emplyees.
TPM Specialist (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: well established co.
Cons: insurance, is weak at best, and slowly killing our benefits.
Extremely variable, I attack problems, for a living, from repairing and cleaning Vessels and equipement, To streamling, and making operators, more efficient, and productive. I do this by helping them minimize down time, set up time, and clean up. I have a very good, relationship with my coworkers,

The Hardest Part of my job is trying to change old habits and cultures that no longer, benefit the process, or grow business,

The most enjoyable part of my job is watching people start to understand that culture change is not always a bad thing, but can help them do a better job, without as many headaches.
Family oriented, fun, innovative place to work. Opportunities to cross train and expand knowledge on specialty oil and gas chemicals is unlimited.
Sales Administration (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
In my position I worked closely with the field sales employees for a particular account held by Nalco Champion. A typical day would be me resolving employee issues from payroll to IT. I was also heavily involved in recruiting and on-boarding new talent.

I held several positions within the company from 2007 - 2014. I can say that the experience I gained while working there is invaluable.
Not as fast paced as I am used too.
SH&E Administrative Asst. II (Current Employee), Fresno TexasNovember 28, 2014
Pros: flex days
Cons: no annual bonus
I am busy 90 percent of the day due to previous admin trying to catch up on over a years worth of manifest with the TCEQ.
NalcoChampion is a good company to work for.
District Sales Representative lll (Current Employee), Decatur, TXNovember 28, 2014
On a day to day basis you inventory tanks, work on pumps, and sometimes set new tanks, sometimes pull water samples. Help customers troubleshoot down-hole problems. The Management is helpful in training. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Troubleshoot down-hole problems can be the hardest part of job, but when problem gets identified the satisfaction makes it enjoyable.
Fast paced with a lot of job turnover
District Administrator II (Current Employee), Hughesville, PANovember 9, 2014
Pros: very little micromanagement
Cons: very little training or time to breathe
My day flies by - from start to finish I am constantly processing sales orders for chemical supplied to the fracking industry or some part of the accounting cycle.
Great place to work. Great support system.
District Representative (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: strong support system.
Cons: work/personal life balance
Hard work/personal life balance. Long hours. However, management notices your accomplishments and work to help you succeed. Great to have a large company back your personal work on a daily basis.
Good place to get started
Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 13, 2014
Good company with potentially one of the best work/life balance cultures (at least in the Houston offices). Advancement and recognition is mainly leaned towards the sales team.
okayProductive and fun atmosphere
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee), Fresno, TXMay 14, 2014
Pros: weekly meetings lunch provided
Cons: i'm a contractor for nalco-champion
My typical day at work was a fast pace environment processing deactivations for Material Master Data for the Global Specification Dept.
Learned to execute products that were no longer used by the company in the SAP system. I worked independantly but management was available if a problem arrived.I enjoyed working with my team very helpful and knowledgable.The hardest part of my job was the translations of products in different languages my job assignment was Latin America. The learning opportunity I was able to learn something totally different that I was accustomed to and mastered it.
Great job
Office Assitant (Former Employee), Rifle, cOApril 10, 2014
This was a temp position, but it was great and very laid back.
They gave their employees good equipment to work with.
Oilfield Delivery Specialist III (Former Employee), Karnes City, TXNovember 5, 2013
I was told that you could be transferred close to home. But that wasn't true. And my work days off wasn't the same as promised.
District Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXOctober 9, 2013
A great company where management is understanding of the work/life balance of its employees.
Sales Trainee (Current Employee), Healdton, OKSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: heavy work load prevents training
Overall champion is a great place to work; however, with the current murger I am unable to be promoted or trained any further
Excelente
Empresa internacional líder en TRATAMIENTO QUIMICO (Current Employee), Representante TecnicoJune 25, 2013
Excelente. Buena empresa. Buena organizacion a nivel internacional.
Buena a nivel seguridad.
Lider en trataminetos quimicos.