NALCO CHAMPION Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for
District Representative II (Former Employee), Dilley, TXNovember 11, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and a happy culture
Cons: Part of the oil and gas industry which can be volatile
Although the oil industry is up and down, this company was great to work for. Unfortunately the oil industry is in a downturn causing many layoffs.
Good company with great people
Employee (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXOctober 26, 2015
Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company is a global provider of specialty chemistry programs and related services for the oil and gas industry.
Very demanding yet no micromanaging; team oriented
Shipping & Receiving Mail Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 24, 2015
Pros: No Micro management
Cons: Dificult to promote
Very professional, with different ethnicity. No micro managing, co-workers are professional, we work well together. Work is demanding yet challenging.
Very poor.
Chemical Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), Aztec, NMOctober 20, 2015
Pros: Money
Cons: Everything else.
I worked for Nalco as a Chemical Delivery Specialist, (Driver). The management was very poor. They actually referred to themselves as kings while referring to the drivers as the peasants at one point. I eventually left due to the lies of advancement. I was often set up to fail only to be written up for noncompliance. I moved for an advancement position only to be told that I was a driver and that I would not be considered for advancement beyond the truck for the foreseeable future. All of this while I held a college degree and the stream of interns from the local collage came in and took the non-driving jobs. I left with two weeks notice and a verification from HR that I was re-hire-able. This lasted for about two weeks until I heard that they were telling people I was not re-hire-able. If you are reading this because you are considering this company for employment, do yourself a favor and keep looking, unless you like driving a big truck. Aside from that, the paychecks were decent and I made some good friends.The peasants need to stick together I guess against the kings!
I learned about being a professional
Field Specialist (Former Employee), Port HarcourtOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to visit various locations
Cons: Non at this time
It was a great place to work and I had the opportunity to experience multiple job functions. I also like the fact that most promotion was from within
Great Company
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Strive to meet employees career growth plans
Cons: Top Heavy
Great company who really takes care of and supports their employees. Focus on coaching for fulfillment and performance. Employees treat each other like family and support each other.
productive work place, great benefits and compnesation
District Sales Representative (Former Employee), Casper, WYSeptember 21, 2015
I enjoyed working for nalcochampion. Great team values and an awesome environment to work in. Management was always helpful.
North Dakota, In it for the money.
Driver - Chemical Delivery (Current Employee), Williston, NDSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Everything else
I will start with the Pros because its a short list. It has good pay, or did. I used to be Champion and that was a fantastic company. Then Nalco bought it. The quality of everything dropped drastically. Customers were lost also. Then EcoLab bought it and it became Nalco Champion. Things entered a death spiral from there.

All the money is made on over time. The OT is constantly under attack. They want a 70 hour week performed in 55. It just isn't possible.

Management is clueless for the most part. It was the drivers experience that kept my location afloat despite new managements attempts to "fix" everything.

Benefits... meh. They were good. Once.

Everything comes down to being the drivers fault. Period. End of story. Upper to lower management and HR all agree on this. Despite the lip service you are "indirectly" encouraged and allowed to run illegally to complete orders, dispose of hazardous and toxic waste and just get the job done. If you put your foot down you get labeled a bad attitude. If you go along with it you are a team player right up until management needs to cover their buns. Then you get thrown to the wolves.

I and many others could go on for hours about what goes on in North Dakota but you get the idea.

Bottom line is if you work for these people, do it for the money.Get as much as you can as fast as you can and get out. Go find something that makes you happy.

Oh I almost forgot to mention the cameras in every vehicle that record your every move, every sound and every statistic your vehicle produces. Enjoy your 12 hour day with a camera in your – more... face for every second of it.

Avoid this company unless you just need some cash short term. – less
poor
Construstion helper (Former Employee), Sugarland txAugust 21, 2015
they have poor management and poor communication skills the security is great but I would like to work for them again but a different area and position
Great company culture and management
International Logistics Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 27, 2015
Working at Nalco was great! My boss was very caring and considerate. I began as a temp in 2013 and was hired permanently in 2014. My job was created for me, so I was a floater and received responsibilities from other co-workers desk. I left for something more permanent, where i could advance in my own responsibilities.
Not good
Operational Specialist (Current Employee), Centerville, TXJuly 20, 2015
good company horrible management not a management strong company secure job but bad management I would work there is the management was better
No Follow through, What a joke!
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Oklahoma and OhioJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Pay Check
Cons: Management, Insurance, Life/Work Balance, Everything else
I gave them 3 years and 110% dedication for nothing! Any and all deals NEED TO BE IN WRITING, the management is horrible and childish. If you do not fit in the group that they create good luck. Also if you are not related to someone of importance in the company do not ever plan on getting promoted regardless of seniority or ability. There is absolutely no support and if you require your management to actually support you or help in any issues you had better plan on getting written up or fired.
Productive place to work
Associate IT Operations Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 13, 2015
Great place to intern, great place for contractors, professional environment. Coworkers and supervisors easy to interact with and very helpful.
Able to work with passion,
Production Operator (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TXJune 19, 2015
Pros: The People
Cons: Like i said its hard, but only if your lazy
Love to people and work. Only gets Hard if your lazy.
But the best part of working at Nalco is the passion people have to help each other
Great Place to Work
RD&E Chemist, Flow Assurance (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXJune 16, 2015
They take innovation and safety seriously.
The management is supportive of your personal growth and goals.
The personnel is extremely friendly and helpful.
Good company
Chemical Sales (Current Employee), Kilgore, TXMay 31, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: None
Good Company. They have good benefits. They provide help when needed. Good Management. A company vehicle is provided to work in. The hrs are not extensive.
Teamwork and Result-Oriented place!
HR Assistant (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXMay 8, 2015
Everyone works together and is extremely helpful with any task to get the job done! Definitely a positive experience and a great please to build a network.
Safety focus with a good work balance
Operational Excellence Manager Europe & Caspian (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SCTMay 4, 2015
Good company with a focus on safety. Recent acquisition affected both companies policies and benefits. Good work/life balance. Going through merger was a new experience for me.
Good Company to work for
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: Flex Fridays
Cons: Benefits
NalcoChampion is a good company to work for. It is possible to move around in the company. There are great people at the company but they lost a lot of good talent after Ecolab acquired Champion Technologies.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Research and Development Lab Technician IV (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXMarch 26, 2015
I run testing on a number of samples using autoclaves, which are high temperature, high pressure tests. In addition to running sweet tests I also run sour testing as well (H2S addition). I also run a number of other testing including wet chemistry. I run viscosity, flash point, pour point, specific gravity, Karl Fisher, and other testing. The coworkers are typically easy to get along with and they make working more enjoyable. The only thing that I don't like is the number of meeting that you have to attend.