Nal Resources Employee Reviews

Great Company
Joint Venture Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2014
I had the pleasure to work for this company several years ago. I enjoyed the management, culture, work life balance, salary and benefits. There was always room for advancement if you worked hard. I would work for this company again any time.
Company is currently undergoing extreme pressure from current economic envioronment in Oil and Gas industry.
Financial Modeler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2015
The company has been doing an outstanding job considering the economic climate. I built a financial model to determine the best mix of acquisitions, divestitures, exploration and base inventory opportunities.
Pros
Exciting projects.
Cons
Not knowing when you will be laid off.
2 out of 5
Treasury, Cash Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2014
Broken management and culture.

A company under construction with many changes needed before reaching satisfactory status.
Pros
Cons
Many
Great compensation and benefits with a fast paced work enviroment
Production Foreman (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan27 April 2013
NAL Resources has a fast paced, technological based enviroment, there is a fair amount of process in place. Working here provides experience to become well disiplined and gain thorough knowledge of role expectations and processes. Our recently reorganised executive managment team seems to be doing a very good job on managing the company , there seems to be good worker morale these days and we have a strong team of dedicated workers which range from long term to short term employees and the field team I work with works very well together.
The company has run fairly lean on staffing within this area to manage all processes in place so one needs to be very organised and be able to prioritize workloads efficiently.
Would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job is the busy enviroment as the days fly by fast, not to mention to be part of the great team I work with here on a daily basis. NAL also holds the bar high on safety and enviromental standards and it is nice to work for a company that in fact takes it seriously.
Pros
Great staff plans (Pension, Saving, Health & Wellness), fast paced team enviroment.
Cons
Marginal training on processes often learn as you go.
Poor Salary
Information & Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary12 February 2014
Company has really great employees who work within the company, but fail when it comes to salary and staff appreciation. Company works very heavily in silos, which for the past couple years have been working on reducing.

The most enjoyable part of the job and company, was the amazing colleagues I have worked with and all the knowledge I have gained.
Small company with lots to learn
Geologist - Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2014
Even though it is a small company but because of its good management it is very pleasant to work there rather than bigger companies.
Very productive
Data Processing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2013
Hired as a contractor. an 8hr day with flexibility.Processed cheque requisitions, expense reports, utility bills. Management was fair. Co-workers were team players. Most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team. Would have looked forward to be hired as a permanent employee.
Executive Management killed the Company
Operator (Current Employee) –  Canada25 February 2013
The field office that I work out of has a great team of players.
Pros
flex days, considerate hr dept., adequate job training
Cons
executive management team was awful, aquistions that were made in the past 6 - 7 years did not bear much fruit.
An excellent experience
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2014
Was tasked with managing various projects in addition to daily duties and gained substantial experience/skill in multitasking and prioritizing.
Pros
Attending various functions.
Cons
Long hours.
NAL was a great company to work for
Senior Analyst Operations Accounting (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta17 April 2012
Each day posed something new. From dealing with internal queries to talking with Freehold Royalty owners on a personal basis.
My Team Lead was very good on understanding the work load priorties and also to make sure there was enough challenge in the job.
The people I worked with were very co-operative which made for a great team environment.
Great Way To Do Business
Area Foreman (Current Employee) –  Alberta12 April 2012
Each business unit has all the resources needed to do all aspects of a production company, from drilling to sales.
Pros
good corprate values
Cons
no ability to weather the commodity price cycles

2.8