NAIT Employee Reviews

Good management, well structured
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 September 2017
Good pay
Busy during winter and fall season and slow during summer
Employees are treated well and there's a good work life balance
Employees meet about once per year for some games, prizes and snacks
Fun and Flexible
Bookstore Customer Support representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 May 2017
The work environment support students who wants to work at Nait and attend classes at the same time. It's mostly filled with students and people you can one can relate with.
Pros
Your work is balanced with other jobs you have or classes
Cons
Too many changes occurs monthly and associates can't keep up
Excellent lifestyle and great experience
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 April 2017
Hired as an instructor three years ago, I had high expectations for career advancement. Unfortunately the program I was with suffered catastrophic enrollment decline.

All in all, it was a good experience. Great benefits and holiday package. Good people and great students.

I would definitely return if asked.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Too much reliance on outside funding for certain programs
Not bad Job Terrible Management
Insulator Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
This would have been a dream job a place to learn, develop & expand. everyday was a challenge to improve my Instructional skills mentoring and the programs advancement.
Unfortunately the program management was stuck in 1990 the last time the course curriculum or any relevant program information was updated. Every time I tried to suggest a program change or present any kind of change for the improvement of informational delivery. I was ridiculed and made to feel unnecessary at this career opportunity.
Management all the way down from the Dean to the Program head wasn't interested in suggestions for program change.
The hardest part of the job was finding someone with an open mind that was interested in advancing a very stale program that the program Instructors like just the way it was, no new changes meant they could keep their little jobs without putting any effort out.
Their moto was the students would never know the difference just give them a passing mark and let them learn everything they need to know in the field.
Pros
short work hours Monday to Friday
Cons
Worst tradesmen I ever worked with.
Ok
buisness (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
Security is very good, but some teachers are very disrespectful and should be taught manners....yes I mean literally they should be retrained in their professions and be subjugated to intense surveillance.
Pros
Clean, organized enviorment
Cons
very Inexclusive culture
Old school buddies
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2017
Some departments have family, friends etc working and moving up in the roles while others who work hard, have been there longer than others get screwed
Good place to be affiliated with.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 December 2016
Quite a diverse culture - most of the staff are knowledgeable and experienced in their field. Responsibilities makes each day a challenge yet interesting and rewarding.
Pros
Seem to have a forgiving nature
Cons
Some duplication of tasks makes for a frustrating day.
Took my work Practicum here
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 November 2016
The people I worked with were great they helped me by giving me instructions on what was expected of me. I just felt overwhelmed with how many people are around all day.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Too many people around
Taught me a lot of things that help me.
Summer worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 October 2016
My job their was enjoyable and straight forward, I learned how to operate a forklift there as well as how to cut welding materials.
My co-workers were fun to be around and helped me a lot but if I was doing something wrong they would point it out and tell me how to do it right.
awesome
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2016
great work place with fun environment. Good salary and benefits. All the legal benefits provided, treated well and equal. have many sweet memories in nait as m graduating from their too
Pros
good wage, flexible hours
Cons
started as csr and still a csr
Inventive work place with fun times
RCD PROJECT 2016 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 June 2016
During the project, it is easy to work with colleagues and communication is the key to success in the project. Along with that, having meetings to update other crews to stay on track and on schedule. The most enjoyable part is learning new things everyday and practicing again and again to understand and find new tricks using resources like youtube, books and online. I isto find working 6 to 8 hours straight is the difficult part that I faced.
Pros
Quick breaks, Hosting small games
Cons
Working for long hours
Informal Recreation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 June 2016
A great place to work. Great management and was rewarding to interact with so many individuals within the gym. Got to know a lot of great people through this opportunity.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Not many hours available to work
productive and challenging studies
Certified Construction Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 January 2016
This is a very good technical school to attend. Very professional in every way. Very dedicated instructors to make sure you were able to understand and accomplish your studies.
Very Supportive Staff
Grounds Keeper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 January 2016
I loved working for NAIT, they really appreciate their employees and they have a very co operative working environment.
cnc/manunal machine
student (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Ab20 October 2015
just finished course at NAIT

for cnc manual machine, working with others,

I'm willing to start from the bottom and work my way the top,
I'm a quick learner
Great place to start a career!
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2015
Fun place to work! Great people and positive environment!
I have learned so much in this institution and I am proud to be a product/grad from NAIT!

Seeing the students and staff everyday makes me happy!
Peaceful place to work
Heavy Duty Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta26 May 2015
Was a great place for a career. There's lots for room advancement.Good benefits. Everything is paced. Good bosses to work for. Always positive.
corrupt
Peace officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ab3 April 2015
NPS is more corrupt than eps. Academic staff and management are above the law while students, support staff and members of the public are targeted. Do not work here if you value you're morals. Nait fires anyone who attempts to fight this corruption.
Pros
Cons
corrupt
Great atmosphere to work in
Computer Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2015
This position, primarily, was a lab monitoring contract for both computer and printer stations within the campus engineering common lab. Service to the computers are few, and assistance is provided when required by students or staff according, (i.e. CAD Works, system defaulting, etc.). Multiple printers are in continuous use for plot and design drawings; whereas, service to each printer's queue and maintenance, thereof, are observed and redirected as necessary to maintain flow of print jobs. This is a position for the semester during my studies at NAIT.
Really intense when its busy Really hard working job
Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 October 2014
I like challenges and that inspire me to do more hard work and to give 100 persent to make it happen
Pros
usually get overtime
Cons
No food for employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAIT. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2