NAES CORPORATION Employee Reviews

Plant operator
Operator (Current Employee) –  Linden10 September 2017
Management has no concept of equal pay. Treat employees like they are disposable. Revolving door. Health care is expensive and don't care about family life. Would rather back one bad manager and lose all the good workers. Get a job with naes only till you can find a better one.
Pros
None until they wake up.
Cons
Too many to list
Good workplace
General Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX13 July 2017
Great company. Good benefits, amazing people to work with and a good safe feel with the conpany. Wouldn't mind more opportunities with the company. Looking forward to proving my self to progress my self to more in the company.
Pros
Good breaks. Plenty of safety
Cons
Not so much opportunity
Senior Payroll Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WA23 June 2017
Good employee relations
Work/life balance is encouraged
Training and educational meetings available
Co-workers are supportive and friendly
Policies and procedures in process
NAES it's better than nothin (Almost)
Hired Hand (Current Employee) –  You know where guys19 June 2017
Combining 2 plants into one was not a wise idea. Management was changing every year and a half or so. Nobody was really trained on what they were supposed to do. It is a contractor company and does what owner says. With Overtime a guy could pull in 120K per year. The pay is 40 to 46 per hour
Pros
Pay, Work with a couple good people
Cons
Work with some lazy people, 12hr shifts, No notice to work OT Forced, 15 times my shift sched was changed, No training, Nobody really knows whats going on
Trash to Energy Plant
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CT6 June 2017
Great benefits and pay. Trash to energy, so work is dirty. 12-hour rotating monthly shift. Not a job for the lazy or physically weak. Lots of overtime opportunities.
Pros
Excellent Benefifts
Cons
High employee turnover
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coalinga, CA6 June 2017
NAES by far is one of the greatest company's I've ever worked for. They make sure there employees are happy and knowledgeable providing week long admin training once a year at the home office in Issaquah, Washington . Management is the best down to earth and available to help when needed.
Pros
keeps employees up to date by providing training
Flexibility
Plant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Osceola, AR4 March 2017
This is a great organization that allows flexibility of your schedule and with the departments. There is lots of ways to advance and they are very intuned with advancement.
Extensive travel, minimal training opportunities, long hours
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  North Carolina, Virginia17 February 2017
3rd party O&M company.
Relies on revenue from clients
Contract obligations change frequently based on client expectations
Extensive travel, 298 days away from home.
Client controls costs for training
Pros
health benefits
Cons
Away from home, minimal training opportunities
Naes is the worst
Operator (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJ28 December 2016
Naes does not care at all about their employees or their families only about their client!! Hr department is a joke!
Naes is taking away all of our earned sick time in 2017 and giving us no sick time!!!
Naes is the worst company I have ever worked for and I am looking for a new job because I cant take it anymore!
Thanks for nothing naes!!
Pros
Cons
Everything, Hr
union attached
Temp Laborer (Former Employee) –  Colstrip, MT21 December 2016
Besides being away from home for extended time the work environment was ok, we did work in the unit so we were out of the weather which was very pleasant.

Want to know more about NAES CORPORATION?

Ask a question
Just an evil place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WI21 September 2016
Worked at the plant for several years. Was a great place to work until NAES took over. Back stabbing reorgs, not caring about people. Work life balance? They have not heard that term. Moving people left and right, promoting people that cause many others to leave....... Just a mess. They are ok with losing talented people any day of the week.
Pros
Not sure what to write here
Cons
Dis functional unorganized and inexperience
Operator (Former Employee) –  Benson, MN23 August 2016
I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. The operations manager is a drunk mess . The management in this place except one or two are s***. The rest of Naes plants may be different I don't mean to disrespect the Naes company or name but this particular facility is nothing more than a s***hole. The only benefit to working here is operating time (license) and overtime unless you like working on a sinking ship.
Pros
Plenty of overtime because of very high turnover rate with employees, flexible schedule for the most part, not the best but decent pay
Cons
Expensive health insurance, lots of inexperienced operators, backstabbing throw you under the bus first chance they get coworkers and management, lots of boiler downtime because they run everything into the ground, and the list goes on
Worked at this exact facility
Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TX2 June 2016
The management is horrible. They are sneaky and encourage tattle tell mentality. The facility is nice and clean.free thinking and vocal employees are not wanted.
Pros
Close to odessa. Nice clean facility
Cons
Ops management is horrible
Excellent company to work for, however, unfortunately shut down to change from coal producing to gas producing power plant.
Electrical Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, MA2 August 2015
Work environment was positive. Safety was a top priority and trainings and certifications was a top priority. Co-workers worked well together and supported each other.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
A decent contract company to work for
Technician (Current Employee) –  Tonopah, AZ24 July 2015
Overall one of the best contract companies I have worked for. The pay and benefits are decent and the people are awesome. It's a contract company so you are never totally secure in your position.
Pros
Benefits are good and not over priced, Pay is good also
Cons
It's a contract company. Management could improve but that's true for most companies
You Really cannot make this stuff up
PM (Former Employee) –  Issaquah11 March 2015
Every changing upper management with no relative experience in the particular area they are trying to manage.
Extremely Risk adverse when it comes to projects.
Union Labor management is horrible, NAES let's the craft unions Steam Roll them again and again.
Q: how can a company continue to make the same old mistakes time after time and stay in business?
Pros
No Free lunches at NAES unless your one of the "good old boys".
Don't Do It
Not Operator (Former Employee) –  Dover, DE7 March 2015
Management and others at this location are awful. Only good thing in my position was the hours. For a small location everyone should get along but it is more like being stabbed every day. I would rather of had my eyes pulled out with a spoon that deal with the idiots every day.
Pros
Hours were good
Cons
Management and others were awful at Dover location.
Naes
General & Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego9 February 2015
Very good company. Focus on Safety & Environmental Compliance along with Power Production. Strong management team. Strong Staff.
Productive and enjoyable workplace in the Construction field
Time Keeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, Tx11 November 2014
A typical day at work for me is being busy, entering hours, verifying hours,doing tasks my Supervisors,GF's and FM's needed done, corresponding with venders.
Learned how to use the Companies programs, learned how to deal with employees that need help if paychecks were short.
My management was great a ng got along with them.
All my co-workers were great got along with all of them and really enjoyed working with them.
The hardest part was making sure my foreman had their sign in sheets turned in on time so I could do my force report, it seems like they never wanted to do that.
The most enjoyable part was everything I love working construction, the challenges and working with the Supervision, GF's, FM and all of the employees
Pros
Love doing the work I do
Cons
Being laid off when the contract is over
Beware of Firebaugh
Associate (Former Employee) –  United states2 November 2014
Typically has been a revolving door for over a dozen have come and left, current management has no regard for family ! Do I need to say more. NAES is taking over from wood group on 01/01/2015 and hopefully they will bring there own managers in if not don't say he told me so !!
Pros
NAES Taking over
Cons
Current Management does not give a F**k about you or your family