NAES CORPORATION Employee Reviews

Just an evil place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WI21 September 2016
Worked at the plant for several years. Was a great place to work until NAES took over. Back stabbing reorgs, not caring about people. Work life balance? They have not heard that term. Moving people left and right, promoting people that cause many others to leave....... Just a mess. They are ok with losing talented people any day of the week.
Pros
Not sure what to write here
Cons
Dis functional unorganized and inexperience
Operator (Former Employee) –  Benson, MN23 August 2016
I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. The operations manager is a drunk mess . The management in this place except one or two are s***. The rest of Naes plants may be different I don't mean to disrespect the Naes company or name but this particular facility is nothing more than a s***hole. The only benefit to working here is operating time (license) and overtime unless you like working on a sinking ship.
Pros
Plenty of overtime because of very high turnover rate with employees, flexible schedule for the most part, not the best but decent pay
Cons
Expensive health insurance, lots of inexperienced operators, backstabbing throw you under the bus first chance they get coworkers and management, lots of boiler downtime because they run everything into the ground, and the list goes on
Worked at this exact facility
Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TX2 June 2016
The management is horrible. They are sneaky and encourage tattle tell mentality. The facility is nice and clean.free thinking and vocal employees are not wanted.
Pros
Close to odessa. Nice clean facility
Cons
Ops management is horrible
Excellent company to work for, however, unfortunately shut down to change from coal producing to gas producing power plant.
Electrical Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, MA2 August 2015
Work environment was positive. Safety was a top priority and trainings and certifications was a top priority. Co-workers worked well together and supported each other.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
You Really cannot make this stuff up
PM (Former Employee) –  Issaquah11 March 2015
Every changing upper management with no relative experience in the particular area they are trying to manage.
Extremely Risk adverse when it comes to projects.
Union Labor management is horrible, NAES let's the craft unions Steam Roll them again and again.
Q: how can a company continue to make the same old mistakes time after time and stay in business?
Pros
No Free lunches at NAES unless your one of the "good old boys".
Don't Do It
Not Operator (Former Employee) –  Dover, DE7 March 2015
Management and others at this location are awful. Only good thing in my position was the hours. For a small location everyone should get along but it is more like being stabbed every day. I would rather of had my eyes pulled out with a spoon that deal with the idiots every day.
Pros
Hours were good
Cons
Management and others were awful at Dover location.
productive work envirnments, fun people, great experience
A&B Class Mechanic Helper (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX19 July 2013
I enjoyed working with the guys everyday, cause they all had good attitudes and liked to stay at a steady pase. I learned alot with all the guys, electrical, turbine rotors, i even learned how to get along with all the bad guys with poor attitudes.. I learned how to be strongly independent and strong minded and to always get the job done no matter what. There's no hard part of the day when you love to work!
Cons
short breaks
Wonderful corporate staff and a pleasure to work for.
Lead Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conemaugh Generating Station, New Florence Pa.18 July 2013
Working as a Safety Supervisor for NAES Power Corporation on their projects has been very rewarding. Working as a team to strive for zero injuries as well as completing the job on time and within budget, presented many challenges. The safety culture which we promoted and the overall relationship between craft and management was key to our success. Education and effective communication, enabled us to complete our daily tasks safely, productively and efficiently. Our greatest accomplishment was working together to create a work environment that enabled each employee to safely accomplish their daily work activities and go home to their families.
Pros
Helping people
Productive and enjoyable workplace in the Construction field
Time Keeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, Tx11 November 2014
A typical day at work for me is being busy, entering hours, verifying hours,doing tasks my Supervisors,GF's and FM's needed done, corresponding with venders.
Learned how to use the Companies programs, learned how to deal with employees that need help if paychecks were short.
My management was great a ng got along with them.
All my co-workers were great got along with all of them and really enjoyed working with them.
The hardest part was making sure my foreman had their sign in sheets turned in on time so I could do my force report, it seems like they never wanted to do that.
The most enjoyable part was everything I love working construction, the challenges and working with the Supervision, GF's, FM and all of the employees
Pros
Love doing the work I do
Cons
Being laid off when the contract is over
Beware of Firebaugh
Associate (Former Employee) –  United states2 November 2014
Typically has been a revolving door for over a dozen have come and left, current management has no regard for family ! Do I need to say more. NAES is taking over from wood group on 01/01/2015 and hopefully they will bring there own managers in if not don't say he told me so !!
Pros
NAES Taking over
Cons
Current Management does not give a F**k about you or your family
Wonderful management and personnel
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX19 January 2014
The personnel at NAES are amazing, they made me feel right at home from the first moment I started. Management is amazing and allow you the freedom to pursue training to improve your productivity and career advancement opportunities. GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!
Pros
Free soda, coffee and bottled water
Cons
Turnover rate very high
Corporation struggling to find its true identity
Former manager (Former Employee) –  South central region28 June 2012
Corporation struggling to find its identity. Also, there's a new view of risk/risk-tolerance which has division management upside-down for new business.
Pros
people inside the divisions are a joy to work with each day...
Cons
those in back-office simply don't know where their own paychecks come from
Horrible company
technician (Former Employee) –  hays, ks31 March 2014
Horrible management in hays Kansas. Good ole boy system. No advancement, no training, negative workplace. The manager needs leadership training and people skills.
benefits
Cons
too many to mention
enjoyed worked for naes
electrician / stockroom senior clerck (Former Employee) –  Salem, MA21 October 2014
footprint was the best company that I worked for its everything that someone will be part of .
Pros
great vacations
Cons
healthcare
NAES
General & Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego9 February 2015
Very good company. Focus on Safety & Environmental Compliance along with Power Production. Strong management team. Strong Staff.
Productive and team oriented
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Riesel, Tx6 March 2012
Procedure driven, reporting and tracking major emphasis when working to keep third party contracts
Pros
professional people
Cons
contract driven
I loved the job
Inventory Clerk- inventoring of parts (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT11 February 2013
I really liked the people. I worked with,they were all great.If I had any questions. They took the time to sure I understood everything.
NAES Corporation: Excellent Safety Culture!
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Issaquah WA12 August 2013
Nearly 10 years as a NAES Plant Manager, one of the greatest jobs in the world with a bunch of people at HQ that share my values.
Challenging and rewarding career
Assistant Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA12 August 2013
Great opportunity to learn a new career. I enjoyed the ability to work on and learn the various types of equipment.
We have a good safety plan
STORE CLERK/fuel handling/23 years (Former Employee) –  Salem, MA28 July 2014
The plant ended up closing in may 2014 We had a very good record of safety
Pros
secure job
Cons
closed plant

2.9