NAES CORPORATION Employee Reviews

Extensive travel, minimal training opportunities, long hours
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  North Carolina, Virginia17 February 2017
3rd party O&M company.
Relies on revenue from clients
Contract obligations change frequently based on client expectations
Extensive travel, 298 days away from home.
Client controls costs for training
Pros
health benefits
Cons
Away from home, minimal training opportunities
Dont waste your time
Plant operator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT12 February 2017
Don't waste your time, especially at the Hartford plant. Management will call you useless behind your back, plant managers and ops manager don't care about anything but making it appear that the plant they are running is ok when it's falling apart and someone will get badly hurt because of it, which has already happened a couple of times. Low pay for what you do, outrageous amounts of overtime....like 800hrs or so .....forced on you, you will be covered in fly ash and trash most of the time and smell. Everyone is disgruntled at management and facility. Chances are you will quit like 98% of the people they hire. I spent 5 years there and it was by far the worse job I've ever seen. Only good for experience so you can move on.
Benefits horrible, management worse, pay horrible for what you do (other trash plants make same and do nothing compared to hartford plant), expect no life, expect to be yelled at by supervisors and basically everyone else. Don't work at Hartford plant unless you desperately need a job or desperately need experience. Benefits were cut down to nothing after I left, so no sick time anymore. It all comes out of one bank now...personal time off...and they didn't give guys more time each month to make up for it.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Everything else
Naes is the worst
Operator (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJ28 December 2016
Naes does not care at all about their employees or their families only about their client!! Hr department is a joke!
Naes is taking away all of our earned sick time in 2017 and giving us no sick time!!!
Naes is the worst company I have ever worked for and I am looking for a new job because I cant take it anymore!
Thanks for nothing naes!!
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING, HR
union attached
Temp Laborer (Former Employee) –  Colstrip, MT21 December 2016
Besides being away from home for extended time the work environment was ok, we did work in the unit so we were out of the weather which was very pleasant.
Just an evil place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WI21 September 2016
Worked at the plant for several years. Was a great place to work until NAES took over. Back stabbing reorgs, not caring about people. Work life balance? They have not heard that term. Moving people left and right, promoting people that cause many others to leave....... Just a mess. They are ok with losing talented people any day of the week.
Pros
Not sure what to write here
Cons
Dis functional unorganized and inexperience
Operator (Former Employee) –  Benson, MN23 August 2016
I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. The operations manager is a drunk mess . The management in this place except one or two are s***. The rest of Naes plants may be different I don't mean to disrespect the Naes company or name but this particular facility is nothing more than a s***hole. The only benefit to working here is operating time (license) and overtime unless you like working on a sinking ship.
Pros
Plenty of overtime because of very high turnover rate with employees, flexible schedule for the most part, not the best but decent pay
Cons
Expensive health insurance, lots of inexperienced operators, backstabbing throw you under the bus first chance they get coworkers and management, lots of boiler downtime because they run everything into the ground, and the list goes on
Worked at this exact facility
Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TX2 June 2016
The management is horrible. They are sneaky and encourage tattle tell mentality. The facility is nice and clean.free thinking and vocal employees are not wanted.
Pros
Close to odessa. Nice clean facility
Cons
Ops management is horrible
Excellent company to work for, however, unfortunately shut down to change from coal producing to gas producing power plant.
Electrical Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, MA2 August 2015
Work environment was positive. Safety was a top priority and trainings and certifications was a top priority. Co-workers worked well together and supported each other.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
A decent contract company to work for
Technician (Current Employee) –  Tonopah, AZ24 July 2015
Overall one of the best contract companies I have worked for. The pay and benefits are decent and the people are awesome. It's a contract company so you are never totally secure in your position.
Pros
Benefits are good and not over priced, Pay is good also
Cons
It's a contract company. Management could improve but that's true for most companies
You Really cannot make this stuff up
PM (Former Employee) –  Issaquah11 March 2015
Every changing upper management with no relative experience in the particular area they are trying to manage.
Extremely Risk adverse when it comes to projects.
Union Labor management is horrible, NAES let's the craft unions Steam Roll them again and again.
Q: how can a company continue to make the same old mistakes time after time and stay in business?
Pros
No Free lunches at NAES unless your one of the "good old boys".

Want to know more about NAES CORPORATION?

Ask a question
Don't Do It
Not Operator (Former Employee) –  Dover, DE7 March 2015
Management and others at this location are awful. Only good thing in my position was the hours. For a small location everyone should get along but it is more like being stabbed every day. I would rather of had my eyes pulled out with a spoon that deal with the idiots every day.
Pros
Hours were good
Cons
Management and others were awful at Dover location.
NAES
General & Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego9 February 2015
Very good company. Focus on Safety & Environmental Compliance along with Power Production. Strong management team. Strong Staff.
Productive and enjoyable workplace in the Construction field
Time Keeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, Tx11 November 2014
A typical day at work for me is being busy, entering hours, verifying hours,doing tasks my Supervisors,GF's and FM's needed done, corresponding with venders.
Learned how to use the Companies programs, learned how to deal with employees that need help if paychecks were short.
My management was great a ng got along with them.
All my co-workers were great got along with all of them and really enjoyed working with them.
The hardest part was making sure my foreman had their sign in sheets turned in on time so I could do my force report, it seems like they never wanted to do that.
The most enjoyable part was everything I love working construction, the challenges and working with the Supervision, GF's, FM and all of the employees
Pros
Love doing the work I do
Cons
Being laid off when the contract is over
Beware of Firebaugh
Associate (Former Employee) –  United states2 November 2014
Typically has been a revolving door for over a dozen have come and left, current management has no regard for family ! Do I need to say more. NAES is taking over from wood group on 01/01/2015 and hopefully they will bring there own managers in if not don't say he told me so !!
Pros
NAES Taking over
Cons
Current Management does not give a F**k about you or your family
enjoyed worked for naes
electrician / stockroom senior clerck (Former Employee) –  Salem, MA21 October 2014
footprint was the best company that I worked for its everything that someone will be part of .
Pros
great vacations
Cons
healthcare
We have a good safety plan
STORE CLERK/fuel handling/23 years (Former Employee) –  Salem, MA28 July 2014
The plant ended up closing in may 2014 We had a very good record of safety
Pros
secure job
Cons
closed plant
A great team to work with always postive encouragement and support. Great communication and a great Company to work for.
Plant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CA 9231630 June 2014
A typical day at work was to open the office, conduct visual of housekeeping, and replenish any needed supplies. Review calendars in order to prepare written material and or agendas for meetings held with visitors, investors, customers, inspectors and management. Take attendance and report production figures from nightly reports to Management onsite, Client's HQ and NAES HQ. Briefly meet with my supervisor upon his arrival to review and confirm our facility's daily activity and or plan in order to determine the sense of urgency of each task so that I could better prioritize prepare and effectively manage time. Greet all guests. Open mail, match invoices - all accounts payable functions (match, batch, code), data entry, Gather, enter data and submit scale report of all scale transactions from the previous day to NAES HQ, onsite Management team, Enertech's (our client and facility owner) Corporate HQ, Orange County, La County, San Bernardino and Riverside County Sanitation. Audit and reconcile data from all accounts payable, budget variance report and scale transactions.
Each day came with surprises challenges that were very edifying and rewarding. Almost each day there was something learned and one would be is to have an open mind and be sensibly flexible. Successful people such as ones in management are always eager to pass on information and efficient techniques. In most cases the more everyone knows and collectively as a team communicates, the stronger your team force will be and will produce better results. Remaining positive and supporting each other can get you thru
  more... any situation or challenge. Always have a positive and a “can do anything" attitude. Continually learning, doing my best job possible (quality work) and striving for efficiencies is what I enjoy best and was the best part of this and any job I have ever had.  less
Pros
Team building, Corporate sponsored events and we all developed great camaraderie.
Cons
Budget constraints which prevented proper and or timely repairs and maintence at our facility.
Horrible company
technician (Former Employee) –  hays, ks31 March 2014
Horrible management in hays Kansas. Good ole boy system. No advancement, no training, negative workplace. The manager needs leadership training and people skills.
benefits
Cons
too many to mention
Wonderful management and personnel
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX19 January 2014
The personnel at NAES are amazing, they made me feel right at home from the first moment I started. Management is amazing and allow you the freedom to pursue training to improve your productivity and career advancement opportunities. GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!
Pros
Free soda, coffee and bottled water
Cons
Turnover rate very high
Challenging and rewarding career
Assistant Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA12 August 2013
Great opportunity to learn a new career. I enjoyed the ability to work on and learn the various types of equipment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAES CORPORATION. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7