NAES CORPORATION Employee Reviews

Worked at this exact facility
Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 2, 2016
The management is horrible. They are sneaky and encourage tattle tell mentality. The facility is nice and clean.free thinking and vocal employees are not wanted.
Pros
Close to odessa. Nice clean facility
Cons
Ops management is horrible
Wonderful corporate staff and a pleasure to work for.
Lead Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conemaugh Generating Station, New Florence Pa.July 18, 2013
Working as a Safety Supervisor for NAES Power Corporation on their projects has been very rewarding. Working as a team to strive for zero injuries as well as completing the job on time and within budget, presented many challenges. The safety culture which we promoted and the overall relationship between craft and management was key to our success. Education and effective communication, enabled us to complete our daily tasks safely, productively and efficiently. Our greatest accomplishment was working together to create a work environment that enabled each employee to safely accomplish their daily work activities and go home to their families.
Pros
helping people
Horrible company
technician (Former Employee) –  hays, ksMarch 31, 2014
Horrible management in hays Kansas. Good ole boy system. No advancement, no training, negative workplace. The manager needs leadership training and people skills.
benefits
Cons
too many to mention
Productive and enjoyable workplace in the Construction field
Time Keeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxNovember 11, 2014
A typical day at work for me is being busy, entering hours, verifying hours,doing tasks my Supervisors,GF's and FM's needed done, corresponding with venders.
Learned how to use the Companies programs, learned how to deal with employees that need help if paychecks were short.
My management was great a ng got along with them.
All my co-workers were great got along with all of them and really enjoyed working with them.
The hardest part was making sure my foreman had their sign in sheets turned in on time so I could do my force report, it seems like they never wanted to do that.
The most enjoyable part was everything I love working construction, the challenges and working with the Supervision, GF's, FM and all of the employees
Pros
love doing the work i do
Cons
being laid off when the contract is over
You Really cannot make this stuff up
PM (Former Employee) –  IssaquahMarch 11, 2015
Every changing upper management with no relative experience in the particular area they are trying to manage.
Extremely Risk adverse when it comes to projects.
Union Labor management is horrible, NAES let's the craft unions Steam Roll them again and again.
Q: how can a company continue to make the same old mistakes time after time and stay in business?
Pros
no free lunches at naes unless your one of the "good old boys".
Wonderful management and personnel
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2014
The personnel at NAES are amazing, they made me feel right at home from the first moment I started. Management is amazing and allow you the freedom to pursue training to improve your productivity and career advancement opportunities. GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!
Pros
free soda, coffee and bottled water
Cons
turnover rate very high
Excellent company to work for, however, unfortunately shut down to change from coal producing to gas producing power plant.
Electrical Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAAugust 2, 2015
Work environment was positive. Safety was a top priority and trainings and certifications was a top priority. Co-workers worked well together and supported each other.
Pros
Close to home
Don't Do It
Not Operator (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 7, 2015
Management and others at this location are awful. Only good thing in my position was the hours. For a small location everyone should get along but it is more like being stabbed every day. I would rather of had my eyes pulled out with a spoon that deal with the idiots every day.
Pros
hours were good
Cons
management and others were awful at dover location.
Beware of Firebaugh
Associate (Former Employee) –  United statesNovember 2, 2014
Typically has been a revolving door for over a dozen have come and left, current management has no regard for family ! Do I need to say more. NAES is taking over from wood group on 01/01/2015 and hopefully they will bring there own managers in if not don't say he told me so !!
Pros
naes taking over
Cons
current management does not give a f**k about you or your family
NAES
General & Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  San DiegoFebruary 9, 2015
Very good company. Focus on Safety & Environmental Compliance along with Power Production. Strong management team. Strong Staff.
It is a company with a strong service/safety culture that translates directly to a positve employee morale.
Wind Turbine Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Roosevelt, WAFebruary 25, 2013
The day began with a tailboard meeting about the plan for the day and any safety topics that were relevant. As an intern I greatly benefited from entry level exposure to turbine troubleshooting, service and maintenance. Great management, really positive and empowered employees to make decisions based on there skills and knowledge of equipment. The hardest part of the job was just getting acustomed to the commute to and from work, which is more less a con for any wind technician not specific to NAES Corp., but specific to any one interested in working on wind turbines. Absolutley beautiful sceneary, literally can't be beat, when your office on a clear day can view the entire Cascade range. Keep in mind NAES corporation is all over the Americas and sites in multiple different locations. My site was located in Southern Washington next to the Oregon border right on top of the Cascade Range and also the Columbia River gorge.
Pros
great management, emphasis on renewable energy, free lunches about once a week, and ping pong table at our disposable when weather wouldn't allow us to work.
Cons
long commute. scarcly populated county to live in (klickitat county)
Corporation struggling to find its true identity
Former manager (Former Employee) –  South central regionJune 28, 2012
Corporation struggling to find its identity. Also, there's a new view of risk/risk-tolerance which has division management upside-down for new business.
Pros
people inside the divisions are a joy to work with each day...
Cons
those in back-office simply don't know where their own paychecks come from
Challenging and rewarding career
Assistant Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 12, 2013
Great opportunity to learn a new career. I enjoyed the ability to work on and learn the various types of equipment.
productive work envirnments, fun people, great experience
A&B Class Mechanic Helper (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2013
I enjoyed working with the guys everyday, cause they all had good attitudes and liked to stay at a steady pase. I learned alot with all the guys, electrical, turbine rotors, i even learned how to get along with all the bad guys with poor attitudes.. I learned how to be strongly independent and strong minded and to always get the job done no matter what. There's no hard part of the day when you love to work!
Cons
short breaks
A great team to work with always postive encouragement and support. Great communication and a great Company to work for.
Plant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CA 92316June 30, 2014
A typical day at work was to open the office, conduct visual of housekeeping, and replenish any needed supplies. Review calendars in order to prepare written material and or agendas for meetings held with visitors, investors, customers, inspectors and management. Take attendance and report production figures from nightly reports to Management onsite, Client's HQ and NAES HQ. Briefly meet with my supervisor upon his arrival to review and confirm our facility's daily activity and or plan in order to determine the sense of urgency of each task so that I could better prioritize prepare and effectively manage time. Greet all guests. Open mail, match invoices - all accounts payable functions (match, batch, code), data entry, Gather, enter data and submit scale report of all scale transactions from the previous day to NAES HQ, onsite Management team, Enertech's (our client and facility owner) Corporate HQ, Orange County, La County, San Bernardino and Riverside County Sanitation. Audit and reconcile data from all accounts payable, budget variance report and scale transactions.
Each day came with surprises challenges that were very edifying and rewarding. Almost each day there was something learned and one would be is to have an open mind and be sensibly flexible. Successful people such as ones in management are always eager to pass on information and efficient techniques. In most cases the more everyone knows and collectively as a team communicates, the stronger your team force will be and will produce better results. Remaining positive and supporting each other can get you thru any
  more... situation or challenge. Always have a positive and a “can do anything" attitude. Continually learning, doing my best job possible (quality work) and striving for efficiencies is what I enjoy best and was the best part of this and any job I have ever had.  less
Pros
team building, corporate sponsored events and we all developed great camaraderie.
Cons
budget constraints which prevented proper and or timely repairs and maintence at our facility.
enjoyed worked for naes
electrician / stockroom senior clerck (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAOctober 21, 2014
footprint was the best company that I worked for its everything that someone will be part of .
Pros
great vacations
Cons
healthcare
NAES Corporation: Excellent Safety Culture!
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Issaquah WAAugust 12, 2013
Nearly 10 years as a NAES Plant Manager, one of the greatest jobs in the world with a bunch of people at HQ that share my values.
nice work place
Foreman / Welder (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 18, 2013
love working with people im working with , they know what they doing helping each other good company to work with
We have a good safety plan
STORE CLERK/fuel handling/23 years (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAJuly 28, 2014
The plant ended up closing in may 2014 We had a very good record of safety
Pros
secure job
Cons
closed plant
Productive and team oriented
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Riesel, TxMarch 6, 2012
Procedure driven, reporting and tracking major emphasis when working to keep third party contracts
Pros
professional people
Cons
contract driven