Nabors Production Services is the leading provider of technologically advanced service rigs and related equipment in the Canadian well servicing industry. We presently operate a fleet of modernized service rigs that are capable of working on any oil or gas well at depths to 7,600 metres. Nabors is equipped and operates in all areas and conditions in Canada including the Canadian Arctic.
The Driller is primarily in control of operating the service rig including the drawworks and is responsible for managing the rig floor and driller’s control panel, which includes brakes, throttles, clutches and BOP controls. The Driller is responsible for ensuring that the rig crew performs its job safely and efficiently, and within the regulatory requirements of the industry.
(Major duties, tasks and responsibilities. The description of the job functions should begin with an active verb e.g. planned, organized, trained, managed etc.) * Responsible for monitoring the progress of the rig operation, determine when equipment or parts need changing
- Ensures the rig crew is thoroughly trained in their roles and responsibilities and that their performance consistently meets all safety regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring the crew gets to and from the work site in a safe manner
- Ensures all appropriate paperwork is completed and maintained.
- Organizing the rig crew in the rigging up/out procedures
- Maintaining a close liaison and adhering to proper procedures with the Rig Manager and crew.
- Learn and adhere to all company safety policies, procedures and practices as well as all government safety regulations.
- Provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients
- Other duties as required by the Rig Manager
(Educational Background or degree required. Examples, CPA Level 1, CHRP designation etc) * H2S Alive, WHIMIS, TDG, Standard 1st Aid, Confined Space, Fall protection, Well Service BOP ticket, CAODC Driver Theory & Fatigue Lifestyle Mgmt, Audiometric hearing test and Respirator fit test are required
- Valid Drivers License with airbrake endorsement (Bona fide requirement)
- Minimum high school diploma would be an asset
(Describe years of experience and particular knowledge requirements) * Previous Floorhand, and Derrickhand (prefer 5-7 years) experience and be familiar with all equipment on a service rig
- Be capable of managing crew and ensuring operations are completed as per Rig manager and Company representatives instructions
Skills and Personal Attributes:
(i.e. leadership, communication, interpersonal skills) * Able to react to change and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Able to work in a team environment, effectively communicating to all members of any issues that may arise
- Able to supervise a minimum of 3 people
- Able to cope with stressful situations and react accordingly
- Safety conscious
- Mechanically inclined with good practical skills
- Able to follow directions
- Prepared to work (and sometimes live) away from home
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Positive Attitude
- This is deemed a safety sensitive role
Apply online to: WWW.NABORSCANADA.COM or WWW.NABORS.COM
Fax resume to: 403-887-3050