Nabors Production Services is the leading provider of technologically advanced service rigs and related equipment in the Canadian well servicing industry. We presently operate a fleet of modernized service rigs that are capable of working on any oil or gas well at depths to 7,600 metres. Nabors is equipped and operates in all areas and conditions in Canada including the Canadian Arctic.
The main function is to assist the Driller by maintaining all equipment related to the circulating system, as well as guiding the pipe while positioned in the derrick.
(Major duties, tasks and responsibilities. The description of the job functions should begin with an active verb e.g. planned, organized, trained, managed etc.) * Adhere to all company and Government safety regulations pertaining to the worksite
- Participate in safety initiatives
- Watch and maintain proper fluid characteristics, and rate of fluid circulation
- Work above the rig floor, on the monkey board and in rod basket, guiding the pipe during the tripping in/tripping out process, ensuring to wear proper safety equipment
- Assist in moving the rig, rigging up and rigging out
- Required to drive rig equipment on rigs moves
- Provide training to inexperienced employees
- Ensure that preventative maintenance is performed on equipment as outlined in maintenance manual
(Educational Background or degree required. Examples, CPA Level 1, CHRP designation etc) * H2S Alive, Fall Protection, Standard 1st Aid, WHMIS, TDG, CAODC Driver Theory & Fatigue Lifestyle Mgmt, Audiometric hearing test and Respirator fit test tickets are required
- Valid Drivers License with airbrake endorsement (Bona fide requirement)
- Confined Space, and Rig Rescue tickets are preferred
- Minimum high school diploma would be an asset
(Describe years of experience and particular knowledge requirements) * Previous Floorhand with preferred 1-3 years experience and possess a strong knowledge of all equipment on a service rig.
- Be physically able to handle heavy lifting
Skills and Personal Attributes:
(i.e. leadership, communication, interpersonal skills)
- Ability to work on heights to a maximum of 112 feet.
- Able to react to change and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Able to work in a team environment, effectively communicating to all members of any issues that may arise
- Able to cope with stressful situations and react accordingly
- Safety conscious
- Mechanically inclined with good practical skills
- Able to follow directions
- Prepared to work (and sometimes live) away from home
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to provide training to inexperienced employees
- This is deemed a safety sensitive role
Apply online to: WWW.NABORSCANADA.COM or WWW.NABORS.COM
Fax resume to: 403-887-3050