Nabors Industries

Nabors Industries Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work.
Field Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB3 June 2016
Field positions offer a terrible home life balance.
Office positions are somewhat political.
Culture is led by the operations dept. and the old guys are unwilling to change.
Decent pay, perks are mostly for management, some proactive employee programs such as behavioural training and job specific training.
Pros
Good when the industry is doing well
Cons
Choose your career wisely.
Awesome first job
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 September 2016
Worked at Nabors for just over a year. After they built a new shop in another town, I found it difficult to commute. Received lots of team awards and recognition from my co-workers for taking the lead after my partner, was laid-up with broken ankle for 3 weeks. Hardest part of the job was working with men who thought 'a woman' had no business being in the warehouse. Decided to leave after the driving became too difficult and I wanted to finish my apprenticeship courses, which my supervisor did not approve of.
Pros
working for a well known and productive company
Cons
low pay and gruelling work
Floorhand/Roughneck (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB31 May 2016
I had a short time there but the work was fair to my expectations of rig life. The field staff was good to work with, come across people that were willing to improve my skills and help me to learn to have the potential to move up one day.
Pros
Pay, knowledge learned
Cons
Long hours/long distance/provide own transportation/fuel
Need to take more consideration for long term employees
Rig Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta18 January 2016
Long term employees should be treated more fairly in job slow downs . This does not seem to be happening as the older employees seem to be layed off first.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Seniority does not exist
Good Place to make money and friends
Roughneck / Driller / Rig Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 November 2016
Work your butt off and get paid well for it. Management could be a little more active in the field however the support is their.
fun and rewarding
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB9 May 2016
Nabors drilling is a fun and rewarding place to work. If you're looking for an outdoorzy kind of job that pays good and keeps you in shape then Nabors drilling is perfect
Pros
very lucrative and rewarding
Cons
exposed to natures elements for long hours at a time
solid foundation
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 September 2016
good place to work, everybody was like family. solid foundation and well organized. If you needed something people would point you In the right direction
Pros
paid on time, busy
Great company to work for
Motorhand (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB12 January 2016
Working on a drilling rig is not easy work by any means but with Nabors you have the tools necessary to do your job and all the safety apparatus you need constantly inspected and logged. your career path is laid out ahead of you and you know what it is you need to learn to take the next step. You're out in the elements and away from family but if the crew you're on is any good everybody there recognizes you're in the same boat and work together to make whatever needs to happen happen!
Pros
knowing what the next step in your career is and having a lot of experience around you
Cons
being away from home
Great Pay, Long hours
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 February 2016
Extremely hard working environment. Great pay. Poor culture. Extremely dangerous. Very Cold. large paycheck. Illegal labour. Prison. Slavery with pay. Terrible work culture. Great Pay.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Culture
hard work, reasonable wages
Roughneck (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB27 June 2016
working on the rigs builds character, and they had a great deal of character on that particular rig.
many great co workers who taught me to the best of their ability.
great job awsome pay
Roughneck (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 June 2016
this job on the drilling rigs was awesome pay and a great group of guys. the shifts worked out well to. wish i could go back.
Pros
great guys, great pay
Cons
nothing to olut here
Great company for career minded individuals
HR Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Sylvan Lake AB15 October 2013
Nabors is a great organization to work for if you are not afraid of hard work, a strong multitasker and dedicated to the success of your company.
As a recruiter, there are never two days alike! I meet interesting people everyday ~ the contacts and connections thru media, career fairs & networking are second to none!

I would recommend Nabors to anyone looking for a long term career.
Pros
Staff appreciation: B-days, Anniversaries, Holidays
Cons
Salary/Wages
Great job; Great People!
Derrickhand (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 March 2016
Oil & Gas company with a fast pace environment, physically demanding positions and unlimited career opportunities. Love the travel and connections!
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
working in extreme weather
safe and fun
Floor/Motor Hand (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB6 April 2016
great management skills and take care of staff. this company is a pleasure to work for and if the opportunity came up i would go back in a heart beat.
great company to work for
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2016
My experience with Nabors has been great. Would recommend them as a employer
Typical starts at 7 am/pm I have worked up the ranks learning alot of different things. How to be a team player and being able to work in a stressful environment.
The hardest part of the job is being away from family
good company to work for
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB1 March 2016
Worked for the company for 6 years, good company to work for lots of advancement when its busy. I met a lot of good people along the years which i still keep contact with
A relaxed work environment devoid of loyalty or tact.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB28 May 2015
A typical day involved unloading pallets of assorted rig freight from trucks, and then allocating the freight to it's designated rig area.
You check the packing slips against the item requisitions to make sure everything is there, and sign it. Once you have all the freight stacked on a pallet, you wrap it and label it so that it can be shipped out at the end of the week.

It's a fairly simple job, but requires an attention to detail, and ability to manage your time well, as everything runs on a fixed shipping schedule.

The people I worked with are what made the job enjoyable. We were able to have fun at work and it helped to get rid of the feeling of "the daily grind."
There are always events and activities going on. Pancake breakfasts, barbeques, free mugs and shirts and all sorts of things to express gratitude towards the employees.
But only until they decide it's not worth it.

Once the economy went into a downturn, Nabors began lay-offs and terminations and cutbacks on employee benefits. They would use any excuse to let someone go. There is no corporate loyalty, and if you are hired at Nabors, remember that you are nothing more than an interchangeable cog in their machine. If you do anything they don't like, you'll be thrown out. You are expected to praise the corporate dogma of the oil industry and swear your life to them, but any slight, however significant will see you cast out.
Pros
Good wages, good benefits, friendly staff
Cons
No fun allowed.
great company
Derrickhand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2016
i enjoyed working for this company they kept me very busy through the years had great office staff, and field staff was great . I liked the team work environment and challenges
Pros
lots of fun work
Cons
remote locations
I learned the in field jobs of various positions on drilling rig.
Driller (Former Employee) –  Alberta, Canada24 December 2015
I gained valuable knowledge of the Alberta oilfield. I learned to work as a team and valuable lessons in safety. The job however left us very isolated in remote areas working long hours.
Low pay=Low morale
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Red Deer,Alberta8 December 2012
In an attempt to offer security to their employees they went straight salary which is a good idea but then turned around and changed the offer sheet and paid lower salaries.Lately cancelled all sick and bereavement days as of Jan,2013