Nabors Industries Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Need to take more consideration for long term employees
Rig Manager (Former Employee), AlbertaJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Good salary
Cons: Seniority does not exist
Long term employees should be treated more fairly in job slow downs . This does not seem to be happening as the older employees seem to be layed off first.
Great company to work for
Motorhand (Current Employee), Nisku, ABJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: knowing what the next step in your career is and having a lot of experience around you
Cons: being away from home
Working on a drilling rig is not easy work by any means but with Nabors you have the tools necessary to do your job and all the safety apparatus you need constantly inspected and logged. your career path is laid out ahead of you and you know what it is you need to learn to take the next step. You're out in the elements and away from family but if the crew you're on is any good everybody there recognizes you're in the same boat and work together to make whatever needs to happen happen!
Great job; Great People!
Derrickhand (Current Employee), Nisku, ABMarch 9, 2016
Pros: Advancement opportunities
Cons: working in extreme weather
Oil & Gas company with a fast pace environment, physically demanding positions and unlimited career opportunities. Love the travel and connections!
I learned the in field jobs of various positions on drilling rig.
Driller (Former Employee), Alberta, CanadaDecember 24, 2015
I gained valuable knowledge of the Alberta oilfield. I learned to work as a team and valuable lessons in safety. The job however left us very isolated in remote areas working long hours.
A relaxed work environment devoid of loyalty or tact.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Nisku, ABMay 28, 2015
Pros: Good wages, good benefits, friendly staff
Cons: No fun allowed.
A typical day involved unloading pallets of assorted rig freight from trucks, and then allocating the freight to it's designated rig area.
You check the packing slips against the item requisitions to make sure everything is there, and sign it. Once you have all the freight stacked on a pallet, you wrap it and label it so that it can be shipped out at the end of the week.

It's a fairly simple job, but requires an attention to detail, and ability to manage your time well, as everything runs on a fixed shipping schedule.

The people I worked with are what made the job enjoyable. We were able to have fun at work and it helped to get rid of the feeling of "the daily grind."
There are always events and activities going on. Pancake breakfasts, barbeques, free mugs and shirts and all sorts of things to express gratitude towards the employees.
But only until they decide it's not worth it.

Once the economy went into a downturn, Nabors began lay-offs and terminations and cutbacks on employee benefits. They would use any excuse to let someone go. There is no corporate loyalty, and if you are hired at Nabors, remember that you are nothing more than an interchangeable cog in their machine. If you do anything they don't like, you'll be thrown out. You are expected to praise the corporate dogma of the oil industry and swear your life to them, but any slight, however significant will see you cast out.
good company to work for
Derrick Hand (Former Employee), Nisku, ABMarch 1, 2016
Worked for the company for 6 years, good company to work for lots of advancement when its busy. I met a lot of good people along the years which i still keep contact with
safe and fun
Floor/Motor Hand (Former Employee), Nisku, ABApril 6, 2016
great management skills and take care of staff. this company is a pleasure to work for and if the opportunity came up i would go back in a heart beat.
great company to work for
Derrick Hand (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2016
My experience with Nabors has been great. Would recommend them as a employer
Typical starts at 7 am/pm I have worked up the ranks learning alot of different things. How to be a team player and being able to work in a stressful environment.
The hardest part of the job is being away from family
great company to be part of.
Rig Manager (Former Employee), Nisku, ABMarch 13, 2016
Great team to be part of.safety culture,practices and procedures,varies fr.rig to rig,late nights when required,keeping the crews and rig running efficiently.
Long Hours Hard Work
Certified Journeyman Driller (Former Employee), Nisku, ABNovember 12, 2015
This is a job that is good for young people who don't have family commitments. I do not recommend for a family setting. You are able to make a lot of money if you work hard and keep your nose down..
great company
Derrickhand (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
Pros: lots of fun work
Cons: remote locations
i enjoyed working for this company they kept me very busy through the years had great office staff, and field staff was great . I liked the team work environment and challenges
just fine
Floor Hand (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABSeptember 25, 2015
Pros: good wage
Cons: long hours, heavy lifting, too cold
lots of name calling for rookies (should be expected amongst men anyway)
crew members are disrespectful
hours aren't fixed
funny moments here and there
Great \learning experience
Assistant Swabtech Operator (Former Employee), Sylvan lake, AblertaOctober 20, 2015
Pros: travelling, learning experience
Cons: too much time off due to rain, drop in price of oil
I enjoyed working with Nabors. It was long days and hard work but I learned a lot and gained valuable labour experience. I really enjoyed it when we got jobs that involved travelling, it added a whole new experience to my job. The men I worked with were great and willing to teach me the ropes.
Wonderfull Opportunity
Desktop Support /Payroll Clerk (Former Employee), Nisku, ABOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: Long Commute
I wish I had never left due to Medical reasons.
I found the management staff extremely fun and understanding. My job consisted of taking care of the Nisku Office Staff.
great employer
Rig Hand (Current Employee), Nisku, ABFebruary 3, 2016
fun to work for meet new people and see new faces, good atmosphere great seasonal job. fresh air, learn new things about operating and managing a camp ground.
fly in job 2weeks on 2 weeks off
Roughneck (Former Employee), Nisku, ABNovember 19, 2015
Pros: Good wage, good employees
Cons: Lack off work now.
working 12 hours days for 2 weeks at a time. working out of camps in northern B.C, Professional clean, well organized operation, lack of work due to oil prices now. work for different company when on days off if needed workers to fill in.
roughneck
(LABOURER)ROUGHNECK (Former Employee), CanadaJanuary 27, 2016
typical day would be making pipe connections, cleaning up the job site, fixing and repairing, a lot of demanding hard work.
best paying job ever had.
Maintainance & Operator (Former Employee), Nothern BCOctober 18, 2015
Pros: great pay and can order whatever food we like
Cons: too many drugusers.
was great place to work if you didnt do drugs like most of the rest.I liked working with 2 fellow employees. they didnt do drugs like the rest and actually showed me things .. the rest didnt, especially one young guy who carried a 45 cal hand gun,,he was scarey
nabors was a great palce to work until it changed management
Driller (Former Employee), slave lake abSeptember 9, 2015
i started on the rigs working at nabors,i learned alot and thats where i moved up to become a driller,then management changed and we lost alot of work.which forced me to go with cwc
Great company for career minded individuals
HR Recruiter (Current Employee), Sylvan Lake ABOctober 15, 2013
Pros: staff appreciation: b-days, anniversaries, holidays
Cons: salary/wages
Nabors is a great organization to work for if you are not afraid of hard work, a strong multitasker and dedicated to the success of your company.
As a recruiter, there are never two days alike! I meet interesting people everyday ~ the contacts and connections thru media, career fairs & networking are second to none!

I would recommend Nabors to anyone looking for a long term career.