*** Canadian resident/citizen/work permit holders only ***
Position title: Senior Product Manager: Hosting
Location: Downtown Toronto
Duration: full time
Compensation: 90-120k + benefits
Start date: Immediately
Senior Product Manager (Toronto)
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to be responsible for managing the introduction and maintenance of new value added products and services into our corporate Service catalogue. Reporting to the Director, Product Management and Marketing, this role will be accountable for the marketing research of new services, the maintenance of the existing services, the successful launch and marketing of new and existing services and for achieving revenue goals associated with the services.
Are you a market-driven, passionate evangelist of your product lines who loves the challenge of identifying, building and launching innovative solutions to customer problems? Do you have a knack for creating a culture of teamwork and shared accountability that delivers results? And are you looking for the opportunity to make a substantial impact with a growing technology service provider with plans to expand its reach and grow its markets?
Our client is a leader in the ecommerce managed hosting industry, and they’re looking for a talented Product Manager to join our organization. If you’ve been looking for an opportunity with a company that has a rock-solid foundation and an entrepreneurial culture, where teamwork and collaboration are part of the DNA, then this might be the right role for you.
- Must have experience with various hosting products and services.
- Must have worked for one of these companies in the past: Bell, Q9, Telus, Savvis, and Pier1
- University Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Commerce or equivalent business experience
- 7+ years' experience as a Senior Product Manager/Leader in the B2B technology services industry
- 7+ years' experience with B2B technical product development and product marketing
- 7+ years' experience in project management, developing business cases and conducting market researches within a technical services orientated organization
- 7+ years' experience in marketing, sales or customer service
- Working experience in Ecommerce and with Ecommerce technologies
- Knowledge of principles and methods for creating and developing downstream marketing strategies and tactics
- Demonstrated knowledge of the business and management principles involved in strategic planning and the creation of business plans
- Proven experience launching products and changing product cycles for a technical services company
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences
- Experience with monthly sales planning and forecasting within a technical services company
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serving as the product evangelist for products you manage, promoting their value and competitive positioning both internally to stakeholders and externally to the market.
- Managing the entire product life cycle, from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Conducting business case analysis on new products to determine profitability, portfolio positioning, marketing & sales strategy, placement forecasting and success metrics
- Participating in the planning and development of corporate services and road map, new product development and pricing strategies to achieve revenue, volume and market share targets
- Managing the implementation of plans to ensure new products and services are carefully launched and revenue targets achieved.
- Creating and executing product marketing and launch programs that help drive revenue and market share goals in assigned product area through the use of corporate external creative marketing agency.
- Identifying current and future market opportunities and threats and preparing assessments of forecasts as to the possible impact on corporate product plans
- Negotiating all vendor and supplier contracts
- Proactively working with suppliers to understand and influence product strategies, product roadmaps, product positioning and go-to-market strategies
- Providing leadership, help to set direction and establish requirements with suppliers for go-to market deliverables (e.g. sales tools, collaterals, pricing, competitive positioning, demo equipment) required for a successful product launch
- Creating Marketing and Product briefs for new and existing services for use with external agencies for marketing purposes
- Meeting with major customers and partners to gain customer feedback regarding the need for product improvements and/or the impact of possible product and pricing changes
- Proactively working with manufacturers to develop and execute revenue growth and market share programs that can leverage co-op funding (MDF)
- Conducting analysis against competitors and providing input for strategic planning of product direction and features
- Maintaining relationships with and gathering information from outside resources (consultants, research companies) that can be fed into competitive analysis and product planning
- Developing internal and external product education strategies
- Participate in various Sales Support activities, including: product and services training, seminars and documentation, and pre and post sales customer visits.
P.S. By sending us your resume for this position, you authorize NexStep IT Solutions Inc to represent you to the respective client/employer.
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard