POSITION: Project Manager – Traditional Media & Design
LOCATION: London, Ontario
SUPERVISES: N/A – This role does not supervise the work of others
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate on experience
Company Summary/ Background
NPT RicePoint Class Action Services is an experienced team of public accountants, IT experts, data entry personnel, call center attendants and direct mail specialists. Backed by one of the largest independent and respected CA firms in the Southwestern Ontario region, members of the Class Action Services team have been administering settlements of varying size and complexity for the last 10 years.
Project Manager – Traditional Media & Design Position
- Purchase media space (advertising) and coordinate the execution of court ordered notice plans.
- Graphically design and make revisions to materials to support notice publication/administration campaigns (for print and digital media channels).
- Establish, negotiate and develop profitable media and vendor relationships.
- Identify and execute written agreements with cost-effective, scalable and targeted sources of media that can provide qualified and profitable traffic.
- To lead, coordinate and execute notice publications.
- Continuously improve processes that contribute to our efficiency, client service and revenue.
Responsibilities and Outcomes
1. Manage multiple class action notification programs from notice placement buying and coordination, to notice design and execution.
2. Contribute to growth in professional services notice revenue in 2013.
3. Work on numerous cases that result in paid media notice revenue and achieve all monthly/annual budget targets.
4. Identify media buying opportunities, negotiate best group rates, develop, coordinate, monitor and manage delivery of booked campaigns for traditional publication placement.
5. Manage vendor relationships.
6. Assist with execution of our ‘Customer Touch Program’ on a day-to-day basis.
Qualifications and Core Competencies
1. Organization, planning and prioritizing skills. Extremely organized and able to prioritize projects in a deadline-driven industry. Plans, schedules and budgets in a productive manner.
2. Accuracy and efficiency. Produces significant output with minimal direction, accurately.
3. Work ethic. Possesses willingness to work hard and long hours to get the job done.
4. Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
5. Communication ability. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees.
6. Workload Management. Prioritizes requests for assistance; timely completion of deadlines.
7. Proactivity/Independence. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company. Ability to work independently with a high-level of initiative and self-motivation.
8. Flexible and Multi-taker. A flexible approach in responding to changing work demand and managing many projects, whilst still completing tasks within necessary timeframes.
9. Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
10. Proofreading skills. Proof-read and consider correspondence and documents for typographical errors, meaning, tone and desired reaction/outcome.
11. Honesty and integrity. Perceived fairness; tolerance; honesty; consistent in application of policies and procedures. Does not cut corners ethically.
12. Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
13. Resourceful. Able to find solutions and make recommendations.
Job Specific Competencies
1. Computer skills. PC Applications including: Microsoft Office Applications (with particular emphasis on Excel), Word, Outlook; and database records. Strong in Adobe InDesign (CS6).
2. Forecasting. Provide estimates, updates and adjusts all media ratings each quarter.
3. Advertising. Plan and implement legal notice advertising for print media. Designs optimum buys in terms of cost efficiency, goals, project delivery and vendor agreements. Manage all aspects of design, planning, pricing, and executing ad campaigns for legal notice.
4. Workplan development. Create and manage workplans for individual cases, including creating, adjusting, and anticipating deadlines.
5. Client Relations. Work with clients and colleagues to create Notice Programs, which meet the clients’ requests and satisfy legal due process requirements for class action notice.
6. Vendor and contract relations. Work closely with media sales representatives/earned media vendors, suppliers, etc. Manage all contracts and relationships with suppliers.
7. Administration. Create, amend and maintain Excel spreadsheets, including ones requiring formulae; and day-to-day housekeeping.
8. Negotiation skills. Negotiate and purchase print media for all accounts within an assigned group of markets. Negotiate rates, special placement and added value by medium for all markets.
9. Newswire coordination. Coordinate newswire uptake for domestic press releases.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Communications, Advertising, or Administration) and/or significant experience in legal administration.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and competitive environment, under pressure.
- Media or Media Buying experience preferred.
- Adobe Creative Suite (CS4 or higher) experience preferred.
Qualified candidates should forward their applications in confidence and *include ‘Application: Project Manager – Media & Design’ in subject line.* Candidates will be considered as applications are received and the posting will remain open until a candidate is identified.